So, what’s your favourite other club | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

So, what’s your favourite other club

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Lundan Cabbie":2xmlvece said:
Devongreenowl":2xmlvece said:
PL2 3DQ":2xmlvece said:
None but I have a soft spot for Morecambe mainly because we stay overnight when we play them and enjoy the area.

Most hated would be Wycombe (obviously) and recently an annoyance of Crystal Palace and Sheffield Wednesday, I wonder why. :)

Because they’re both MASSIVE clubs?

Palace are not a massive club. Seventy years ago we were on a level with Exeter City. We have grown somewhat since then but still remain a small club doing our best to punch above our weight.

I meant Wednesday and Wycombe! :whistle:

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
East Fife FC, after seeing Argyle play there and admiring the oddity of the power station backdrop (back then), often reminded of it during The Simpsons intro. Likewise Par beach.

C

Cult Of Personality

Torquay as Mum is from there . Go up once or twice a season when Argyle playing away . Always want them to win and do well and want them back into the league proper.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Only Argyle and England for me.

I would like to see the season played out so that Liverpool can rightly be crowned Champions though.

German Shepherd

🚑 Steve Hooper
Oct 2, 2009
Fulwood Lancs
TinTin":895pi3ke said:
mervyn":895pi3ke said:
TinTin":895pi3ke said:
German Shepherd

So you know Gander Green Lane as well ?

Had a lot of contact with that Club with the lads from my school - Carshalton High School for Boys - up the road !!

Happy days

We could form an ex Carshalton Greens. Born in St Helier Hospital and lived my first four years on the St Helier Estate.

Yep !!

Had many happy years in that area ?

St. Helier was HUGE then !

Now, flung far and wide ?

Well I never. I was actually born in the old Carshalton Memorial Hospital , went to Barrow Hedges School before being moved down to Plymouth when 5. Moved back to London for work & lived down Gander Green Lane for a bit right opposite Sutton Utd. My 3 kids were born in St Helier. Carshalton used to play a lot of their games on Monday evenings & I spent many a happy night frequenting the pubs around the ponds before the match....yes they were happy days. So that's 3 so far in our club :scarf:

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
briangreen":2bbk5yn5 said:
As the family hails from Liverpool I have no other choice :oops:

Everton?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Could be Tranmere. They're not going to win anything this year either.

Aug 1, 2006
Alloa Athletic. remember them hammering someone when I was a teen in late 90's - no other alliance but have looked for their results every week for over 20 years+ now (bleddy glory supporter I know). One of my bucket-list items is to play some of the great golf courses in Scotland and tie in an Alloa footie game (sure it's on many peoples bucket lists :) )

Midsomer Green

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 14, 2015
Midsomer Norton, Naperville Chicago
Paulton Rovers

Not much glory to speak of though.

Ashley Barnes was signed from Paulton by Holloway and part of the deal was an Argyle friendly at the Winterfield Road ground, in my view the biggest game to be played here!

Paulton also had a memorable FA Cup match at home against Norwich in 2009 which saw Delia supping our fine Somerset cider late into the evening the day before the game. 2000 locals packed the ground that day and despite a 7-0 loss the game is fondly remembered here where fans refer to themselves as “Village Army” following a reference from a reporter on the lead up to the big match. That one game and the ITV and advertising revenue transformed the club, they now have a good set of youth teams and a refurbished clubhouse on the back of it and are still reaping the benefits 10 years later!

Aug 5, 2015
For me it’s Arsenal. When I was about 8 we were staying with an old school friend of my Mum’s in Windsor. My uncle Doug suggested we go up to London and see a first division game. It turned out to be Arsenal v Bolton. I think it ended 4-3 with the Arsenal keeper saving a last minute penalty. Had a soft spot for them ever since. Moved up to London in 1970 for a couple of years and saw Bertie Mee’s double winning team. Happy memories.

Oct 17, 2011
Plymouth
Mine is Wolves. My grandparents were from Bilston and they used to take me to matches back in the 50's when they were the club flying the flag in European competition. Very fond memories of those days.