So, what’s your favourite other club | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

So, what’s your favourite other club

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
When I was at primary school in a village on the edge of Dartmoor, a family moved in next door and they were from Rosyth. The dad was a dentist in the navy. They were Dunfermline fans. At school we therefore all had to choose a Scottish team. Mine was St. Johnstone. They are the second result I am looking for every Saturday.

I've never seen them play, but have been at McDiarmid Park a couple of times on corporate events and quite a few years ago, whilst I was there once, their then Manager, Sandy Clarke toured me around their ground. It is true to say that their trophy room was about as full as, well my number 1's tea, trophy cabinet :scarf:

Their results often mirror ours by the way if you are ever looking for a double. I'm always nervous the weekends when they play Celtic :cry:

Aug 2, 2011
Really do not give a bo--ocks about any other club. Only club I care about and who I carefully check out results wise if cannot make an away game is PAFC. Total and absolute disinterest in any premier league side after all not difficult league to get into if some multibillionaire wants to chuck money to buy top players. Man City used to be a good championship / league 1 club someone turns up throws a bucket of money scours the player market buys from all over the world and hey presto premiership here we come. The game is gradually being destroyed by money. Even sadder is that the wealthy clubs give not a sh-t about the lower league clubs. Their feeder source of players is europe and south america and as a consequence the English national side is pretty average.

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
Primarily I'm a Gooner and have been since 1997, also followed Barcelona since 1978. Caught the Argyle bug in 1985, and around the same time I started following Cowdenbeath's results as well. Arsenal will always be my first love, with Argyle a very close second.

Apr 8, 2016
I would say I wish Torquay well results wise and Dunfermline Athletic as my dad supports them as he hails from there

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
Bromley...I used to watch them when I was a teenager.....in those days they were one of the elite amateur teams in England (1950's).....Denis Studley, Len Wager & Ron Heckman come to mind.

Torpoint Athletic (home town), Knaresborough Town (where I live now) and Albion Rovers (only Scottish league team I've seen play).

I don't support anyone else in the league although will look out for Grimsby Town's results as my wife's a fan.

M

Apr 4, 2004
I'm gonna upset you all now but all the Devon clubs are important to me. Even them up the road. Just because I love the Westcountry and want us all to do well. With us just doing that bit better of course. I see our rivalry with Exeter is a Friendly one. Same as Torquay. But they are good clubs trying to make the best of not being located in one of the hotbed of football. Like us.

Now Where's my tin hat

Aug 8, 2013
I've got a "soft spot" for Torquay, and occasionally go to see Parkway.

Also, in common with several others on here, I have a small Scottish team
whose results I've followed for 50 years or more and stiil hope to see play
some day. Stenhousemuir in my case.

ming the merciless":2f2avy5x said:
I'm gonna upset you all now but all the Devon clubs are important to me. Even them up the road. Just because I love the Westcountry and want us all to do well. With us just doing that bit better of course. I see our rivalry with Exeter is a Friendly one. Same as Torquay. But they are good clubs trying to make the best of not being located in one of the hotbed of football. Like us.

Now Where's my tin hat

I agree with you. Imagine the revenues if Torquay, City and we were all in league one at the same time. Not just from the six derby games but the heightened interest all over the county that such a season would create, leading to bigger gates for most games. Imagine how much easier to get players to transfer here if it was a local footballing hot bed. All makes sense to me.

Lesmin

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 14, 2011
Because I work most Saturday morning I can’t get down to watch Argyle play as much as I want to. So to get my football fix I go a watch AFC Totton in the southern league been going there for about 15 years got to the FA Vase final where they lost to Truro one of the 1st games to be played at the Anew Wembley

Sep 23, 2003
London
Dulwich Hamlet as they're my local non-league club and have a fabulous community ethos. This season's squad includes David Ijaha and Lionel Ainsworth! Jason Banton turned out for them a few times last season but struggled for form.

And, Worcester City as that's where I moved to after leaving Plymouth as a 13 year old back in 1986. Was a season ticket holder there during my school years. Sad to see how far they've fallen in the non-league pyramid due to financial issues.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
IJN":1z3gos0i said:
Dunfermline Athletic for me.

Saw them win the Scottish Cup and my next door but one neighbour scored two of the three goals.

Also saw them do very well in the ECWC. Seeing them beat Apoel 10-1, Olympiakos 4-0, WBA 1-0 along the way.

When I left they went to rat's poo.
And me. Many happy memories of watching them as a spotty yoof in the early 70s. :)

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
As my avatar/pic shows...FC Bohemians 1905 of Prague. Saw them play a few times when I lived there and they play in green and white. In fact, I wear their scarf when I go to Argyle games as it's 'proper' Argyle green ;)

They have a nice little ground in Prague city and matchdays was always a very friendly environment.