Storm Dennis (Crewe game ON - confirmed) | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Storm Dennis (Crewe game ON - confirmed)

Aug 5, 2015
I think as has been said elsewhere whether or not the game goes ahead is totally out of the club’s hands. There is a fixture listed for today and they have to fulfil it and prepare for it as best they can unless told otherwise. I feel for all travelling fans including those coming down from Crewe but it is in no way Argyle’s decision if the match goes on or it gets postponed two minutes before kick off! Says he from the warmth of his sitting room in Bromley. By the way a bit windy here but no rain yet!

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Personally, having viewed the clip on twitter of the groundstaff trying to clear water in the Barn Park goalmouth, I don’t think this game is going to be on. If it is like that now, what will it be like at 3pm? The pitch might be sand-based and have great drainage but quite clearly the water isn’t flowing away...

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Without wishing to sound old, but failing miserably, in the 70s the goalmouths and central parts of pitch were a virtual quagmire from December to end February. In those days, wouldn't have warranted an inspection.

Remember Jim Furnell and others striding painfully through the mud and trying to move the ball successfully to the wings where a small area of grass remained.

May 1, 2011
WoodfordWall":f66ltlig said:
Are people still crying about safety? The blitz wasn’t safe but that didn’t stop people from carrying on. Stop being snowflakes, get to the game and enjoy it.

Yes that's really relevant to a pitch inspection in 2020.
I'm guessing if the blitz could have been avoided or would have been.

Try engaging your brain.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I'm surprised the goal mouths were not covered.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Bristol Rich":4gub4ikq said:
WoodfordWall":4gub4ikq said:
Are people still crying about safety? The blitz wasn’t safe but that didn’t stop people from carrying on. Stop being snowflakes, get to the game and enjoy it.

Yes that's really relevant to a pitch inspection in 2020.
I'm guessing of the blitz could have been avoided or would have been.

I understand they had a pitch inspection before deciding it was safe to continue with the blitz

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Pinched from Twitter but this was Tranmere’s pitch just an hour before they played Man United.

EQ0WwroW4AAkUDv

May 16, 2016
If it's iffy now and with worse predicted, even if the Game starts there's now a chance it wont finish. The other problem will be the damage playing in these conditions might do to the Pitch. That's a longer term problem to the short term game.

Apr 5, 2008
saying games on when hours of rain still to come first.,now a pitch inspection Shambles this is turning out to be.Didnt they look at the rainfall radar before saying game is definitely on.