Storm Dennis (Crewe game ON - confirmed) | Page 13 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Storm Dennis (Crewe game ON - confirmed)

May 1, 2011
Devongreenowl":k0vo5jhc said:
Have arrived at Marsh Mills. I see the Saturday shoppers are made of sterner stuff than some on Pasoti - out in force. Plenty of the blitz spirit on display!!

Blitz spirit didn't involve posting tabloid like nonsense on social media.

Mar 14, 2009
cheshiregreen":9f0845nh said:
Just hoping we don't end up wishing if had been called off once final whistle blows.

71mph guts of wind and people donā€™t seem to think the game wonā€™t be a complete farce?

Itā€™s not about getting ā€œwetā€. Itā€™s about an actual spectacle.

Which ever side is losing will be moaning like hell to be getting it called off especially as this rain ainā€™t stopping anytime soon.

up the line

šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Bristol Rich":r41xn237 said:
Devongreenowl":r41xn237 said:
Have arrived at Marsh Mills. I see the Saturday shoppers are made of sterner stuff than some on Pasoti - out in force. Plenty of the blitz spirit on display!!

Blitz spirit didn't involve posting tabloid like nonsense on social media.

Yes of course, enduring the blitz (or dresden, or hiroshima perhaps) is much like going to Marsh Mills on a stormy day.
I love the way the most 'patriotic blitz spirit celebrators' are also the ones who trivialise it the most by likening it to nearly every everything, every day

Mar 21, 2013
Metal_Green_Mickey":b7hejdlt said:
cheshiregreen":b7hejdlt said:
Just hoping we don't end up wishing if had been called off once final whistle blows.

71mph guts of wind and people donā€™t seem to think the game wonā€™t be a complete farce?

Which ever side is losing will be moaning like hell to be getting it called off especially as this rain ainā€™t stopping anytime soon.
But games donā€™t get called off just because thereā€™s the possibility that the game wonā€™t be as perfect or pretty as a game in normal conditions. If a game canā€™t be played or because of serious health & safety concerns then yes, but just because it may not be a perfect spectacle? No.

Mar 14, 2009
Don't_Panic":3lo9ds3a said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":3lo9ds3a said:
cheshiregreen":3lo9ds3a said:

But games donā€™t get called off just because thereā€™s the possibility that the game wonā€™t be as perfect or pretty as a game in normal conditions. If a game canā€™t be played or because of serious health & safety concerns then yes, but just because it may not be a perfect spectacle? No.

This isn't about being "pretty" or "perfect".
I think this isn't normal winter weather.

I guess we shall see though what happens.

up the line

šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Metal_Green_Mickey":1pub5oxd said:
Don't_Panic":1pub5oxd said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":1pub5oxd said:
cheshiregreen":1pub5oxd said:

I think this isn't normal weather. I guess we shall see though what happens.

If we're 4-0 down and the wind has blown 2 of theirs in you can bet the 'blitz spirit' club will be howling at the ref to call it off

Mar 21, 2013
Metal_Green_Mickey":3v5g2xfu said:
Don't_Panic":3v5g2xfu said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":3v5g2xfu said:
cheshiregreen":3v5g2xfu said:

I think this isn't normal winter weather.

I guess we shall see though what happens because if this goes ahead.
Living down here Iā€™d say itā€™s starting to feel pretty normal nowadays, not that thatā€™s a good thing.

Jun 27, 2019
Bloody treacherous drive down - not looking forward to doing that in the dark on the way back. May end up staying in Plymouth if conditions don't improve. There was a section of the A38 near Dart Bridge that was like crossing a river!

Mar 21, 2013
up_the_line":1kddfehr said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":1kddfehr said:
Don't_Panic":1kddfehr said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":1kddfehr said:
cheshiregreen":1kddfehr said:

I think this isn't normal weather. I guess we shall see though what happens.

If we're 4-0 down and the wind has blown 2 of theirs in you can bet the 'blitz spirit' club will be howling at the ref to call it off
Iā€™d be hoping for any game that weā€™re 4-0 down to be called off somehow, desperate times & all that.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Just driven through St Budeaux. Itā€™s amazing. Thereā€™s cars, buses, people walking about. No houses with their roofs missing. Do you know, itā€™s almost as if there was no apocalypse going on at all :whistle:

up the line

šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Devongreenowl":2hsjwscg said:
Just driven through St Budeaux. Itā€™s amazing. Thereā€™s cars, buses, people walking about. No houses with their roofs missing. Do you know, itā€™s almost as if there was no apocalypse going on at all :whistle:

Driving?
Pah. Snowflake.
Why not walk like the real tough guys?