Stupid Argyle? (re Michael Cooper loan) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Stupid Argyle? (re Michael Cooper loan)

Jan 27, 2012
Quintrell_Green":31i9zjuf said:
To me Michael Cooper is an optical Illusion. WIKI reports him as being 6ft 2in, whilst interestingly enough his mentor Rhys Wilmot was 6ft 1in.

I walked past Rhys Wilmot not that long ago and he seemed huge- I reckon he might be taller than 6ft 1

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Andy Maidenhead":2huki1zl said:
Someone earlier touched on Michael Cooper..
I never understood in past couple years why we not lend him out to other League 2 or non league team..would hv done him world of good.
Now we got.. what was always gonna be.. Confidence problem at some point

His devopment been mishandled tbh.

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/ ... th-4748973

Great to see our manager supporting our number 1 keeper.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Indeed, I think he and his team of coaches probably know more about goalkeeping than most of us.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
gaspargomez":deitfvem said:
Quintrell_Green":deitfvem said:
To me Michael Cooper is an optical Illusion. WIKI reports him as being 6ft 2in, whilst interestingly enough his mentor Rhys Wilmot was 6ft 1in.

I walked past Rhys Wilmot not that long ago and he seemed huge- I reckon he might be taller than 6ft 1

Research WIKI for detail, my friend.

Lev Yashin

🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Aug 1, 2017
Canada
Cooper is the goalkeeper selected by the manager so therefore supporters should back him 100 pc.
Young positive talented why not let the youngster grow into the best that he can be.
Makes a few mistakes here and there but who doesn’t at any level.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Quote from newspaper article by Pat Jennings last week.
“I learned by playing games and making mistakes. I did OK”

“Everyone is still waiting for the goalkeeper who will never make a mistake. I can tell you he hasn’t been born yet”.

Jul 6, 2011
I think he's a great goalkeeper and considering it's his first season he's done very well and saved argyle on many occasions.
A lot of plastic supporters seem to get on here, maybe a winnowing out is needed. It's fine having an opinion, but trying to stab a young player in the back is unacceptable, supporters support, they do not crush potential.
Be a real supporter :scarf:

Keith Whitfield

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 30, 2015
Couldn't agree more. It sums up the difference, to my mind, between a fan and a supporter. A fan (aka "fanatic") just acts on their primitive emotional responses to a situation, whereas a supporter does what he/she feels is best for the team they support. A fan responds to a defeat by looking for scapegoats and who to blame and typically picks on the most vulnerable. A supporter thinks about what they might do to help the team convert that loss into a future gain (however trivial their support might be). This often involves supporting those whom the fan most readily attacks. Sometimes, it just means saying nothing...

To my mind, Michael Cooper is the best goalie ever to come through the ranks at Home Park and I'm delighted that he is playing for my team rather than the opposition. Think, he could have been Exeter's. Why some feel the need to question his place in the team, totally baffles me.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
I think he's been very good overall. It's good to see him starting to bark at the defence a bit more and he's made some excellent saves.
He's certainly ten times the keeper Macey was and he's apparently been good enough to be at Arsenal

Feb 8, 2005
Keith_Whitfield":ieyq6z3b said:
Couldn't agree more. It sums up the difference, to my mind, between a fan and a supporter. A fan (aka "fanatic") just acts on their primitive emotional responses to a situation, whereas a supporter does what he/she feels is best for the team they support. A fan responds to a defeat by looking for scapegoats and who to blame and typically picks on the most vulnerable. A supporter thinks about what they might do to help the team convert that loss into a future gain (however trivial their support might be). This often involves supporting those whom the fan most readily attacks. Sometimes, it just means saying nothing...

To my mind, Michael Cooper is the best goalie ever to come through the ranks at Home Park and I'm delighted that he is playing for my team rather than the opposition. Think, he could have been Exeter's. Why some feel the need to question his place in the team, totally baffles me.

Couldn't disagree with any of that, Keith.

No such thing as perfection at that age!