Taylor injury to be scanned | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Taylor injury to be scanned

Jan 27, 2012
This is probably the REAL reason why Ladapo has been starting games.

Adams has a bit of a repuation for making players train hard when they are injured- he's probably been made to run around on his injured ankle instead of resting it and now he's crocked.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
gaspargomez":6k28n0fm said:
Adams has a bit of a repuation for making players train hard when they are injured- he's probably been made to run around on his injured ankle instead of resting it and now he's crocked.

You have no idea what goes on in training or the nature of the injury and how it’s being treated. It’s unfair to suggest this.

Aug 2, 2011
gaspargomez":2eso84wg said:
This is probably the REAL reason why Ladapo has been starting games.

What a load of b---ocks. On what basis of fact do you suggest that Adams trains injured players hard. Do you really think a manager deliberately forces injured players to train hard. The anti DA brigade have some strange ideas but this takes the biscuit.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I'm pro Derek Adams but I would say, a few injuries have perplexed me over the last year.

Oscar was obviously badly injured when he stupidly tackled a Bristol City player but he was allowed to play on.

Letheren was obviously badly injured last season v Blackburn but he was allowed to play on whilst unable to walk. He was even allowed two talk a goal kick.

Yesterday it was obvious that Sarcevic had pulled his mugget but again, was allowed to play on for a long time.

I'm far from an expert and I am pro DA, so this is said with a question rather than any accusation or point to prove.

All three injuries stuck in my memory, so I'm confused as some other people are. There could be a very good reason, there probably is, but I raised my eyebrows on each occasion.

Oct 31, 2015
Presto,Green thing I dont think you can query the injury issue. All the following have been returned from bad injuries too soon by DA and a couple havve been openly criticised by DA

Threkheld waa treated appalling
The Dutch keeper was in the press how he felt unsafe
Sarcs was bought back too early from his original groin injury last season and was criticised by DA
Tayls has been bought back too early nunerous times.
Luke was played last season injured.

DA has history with this sort of thing unfortunately

Altarnun Green

✅ Evergreen
Nov 27, 2005
IJN":262t016t said:
I'm pro Derek Adams but I would say, a few injuries have perplexed me over the last year.

Oscar was obviously badly injured when he stupidly tackled a Bristol City player but he was allowed to play on.

Letheren was obviously badly injured last season v Blackburn but he was allowed to play on whilst unable to walk. He was even allowed two talk a goal kick.

Yesterday it was obvious that Sarcevic had pulled his mugget but again, was allowed to play on for a long time.

I'm far from an expert and I am pro DA, so this is said with a question rather than any accusation or point to prove.

All three injuries stuck in my memory, so I'm confused as some other people are. There could be a very good reason, there probably is, but I raised my eyebrows on each occasion.

Definitely Oscar when he was rushed back after an injury and was clattered a few times and ended up limping for 20 mins at home to Fleetwood. Kept him on until H/T if I remember correctly. Still gave it his all as far as I could tell. I'm not a DA knocker but he is far from perfect (unfortunately for us) and is I think, a bit of an old school manager.

Sep 6, 2006
Looked like all 3 injuries yesterday were not the result of bad tackles /challenges? If just muscle strains etc raises serious questions about our training warm ups and coaching.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Balham_Green":1rw2nxoq said:
Looked like all 3 injuries yesterday were not the result of bad tackles /challenges? If just muscle strains etc raises serious questions about our training warm ups and coaching.

Who takes the blame for this, DA or physio team (who should be the experts).

Jul 13, 2006
Balham_Green":27l6izt6 said:

And Canavan too?

Feb 2, 2007
IJN":31yqe6xt said:

Taylor was rushed back in the Spring and weakened his ankle to such an extent he missed pre season. Then done it again “playing catch up”.

Oskar ran his contract down partly due to be rushed back and injuring himself against Fleetwood.

Sarcevic has never been fit in an Argyle shirt.

Jan 20, 2004
The decision as to whether or not a player is fit enough to play is solely down to the physio. There would obviously be pressure from a manager to bring a key player back asap, but the phsyios professional reputation is also at stake. There is of course the factor that in most cases the manager has say in the employment of the physio.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Balham_Green":24cf1x96 said:

Sawyer’s broken foot can’t be attributed to training, warm-ups and coaching.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
That's really disappointing.

When firing at 100%, Taylor is a much smarter, much more effective player than Ladapo.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I always seem to agree with you Cobi.

I’m gutted about Taylor, he’s a really important player for us and the tactics that DA favours..

Apr 9, 2011
Obviously Taylor has not been fit for weeks & i fear for him but wish him the best of luck , talk about kicking us when we are down! Am afraid DA doesnt have a good track record with the way he treats injured players. The really glaring example of this was the way he treated Oscar last season playing him when 50% fit at best & compounding his injury, whose to say that didnt have a bearing on his decision to leave come what may? His was not an isolated case either. It also seems the injuries we get are erring on the serious side I.E long term , is it just our bad luck or problems with the back room staff , surely has to be one or the other or a bit of both?