Taylor injury to be scanned | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Taylor injury to be scanned

Apr 9, 2011
Cobi Budge":1efkctw5 said:
That's really disappointing.

When firing at 100%, Taylor is a much smarter, much more effective player than Ladapo.
Agree but sadly have not seen him firing 100% for weeks now we know why

Feb 2, 2007
When are peeps on here gonna realise that Taylor is the only player who can make Derek's system work in L1. Fred is great but inexperienced in the CF role and doesn't have the positional play or strength.

Wir sind buggered ohne Taylor

Jan 12, 2011
Exiled in Cornwall
A lot of injury/recovery/early return/training is on the players too. if they say they are fine to play then you have to take them at their word. if they lie because they want to play and mistakenly think they will get through it, how can that be the managers fault.

Dec 3, 2005
Allanon":2qu015ks said:
A lot of injury/recovery/early return/training is on the players too. if they say they are fine to play then you have to take them at their word. if they lie because they want to play and mistakenly think they will get through it, how can that be the managers fault.

We have NO idea of the circumstances - if Taylor said he was ok or DA said he was ok - it was obvious to most that Taylor wasn't fit enough - if that was down to poor pre-season or the underlying injury.

One thing is certain, it is a big loss to Argyle, compounded with Sawyers injury - the one good player in our defence.

Dec 3, 2005
Mike E":3iquhx94 said:
The decision as to whether or not a player is fit enough to play is solely down to the physio. There would obviously be pressure from a manager to bring a key player back asap, but the phsyios professional reputation is also at stake. There is of course the factor that in most cases the manager has say in the employment of the physio.

What is the point of employing a Professional Physio, if you are going to ignore his opinion - IF this happened.

Mar 16, 2009
London
Cobi Budge":2swvejyk said:

When firing at 100%, Taylor is a much smarter, much more effective player than Ladapo.

But they’re quite different players, with different attributes. Also, it’s very early in Ladapo’s Argyle career to be so judgemental on his effectiveness.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
djg145":g8qrcqqq said:
Mike E":g8qrcqqq said:
The decision as to whether or not a player is fit enough to play is solely down to the physio. There would obviously be pressure from a manager to bring a key player back asap, but the phsyios professional reputation is also at stake. There is of course the factor that in most cases the manager has say in the employment of the physio.

What is the point of employing a Professional Physio, if you are going to ignore his opinion - IF this happened.

:lol:

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
phil-thefluter24":1cfvz7hb said:
Obviously Taylor has not been fit for weeks & i fear for him but wish him the best of luck , talk about kicking us when we are down! Am afraid DA doesnt have a good track record with the way he treats injured players. The really glaring example of this was the way he treated Oscar last season playing him when 50% fit at best & compounding his injury, whose to say that didnt have a bearing on his decision to leave come what may? His was not an isolated case either. It also seems the injuries we get are erring on the serious side I.E long term , is it just our bad luck or problems with the back room staff , surely has to be one or the other or a bit of both?
I seem to recall that Oscar was interviewed and explained the situation with regard to his return against Fleetwood.
Of course, you, and anyone else who wants to criticise the manager, will say that he was told to say that.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Justin":1nvthjqa said:
Cobi Budge":1nvthjqa said:

But they’re quite different players, with different attributes. Also, it’s very early in Ladapo’s Argyle career to be so judgemental on his effectiveness.

I actually think that Ladapo is a better all round player than Taylor. he can hold the ball up and he can run channels and is ok in front of goal.

The difference for me against last season (going forward) is that Carey and Lameiras aren’t playing as well as they both can.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Ladapo is better physically, pace & strength etc, Taylor is much smarter though & brings others into play.

Different players, but with the squad we have, I much prefer Taylor.

Sep 28, 2003
London
Taylor playing makes Carey and Lameiras tick and drags the whole team up the pitch whilst he holds the ball up, Ladapo
has a lot of strengths but he doesn't do that.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
JannerinCardiff":3pnqlznq said:
Justin":3pnqlznq said:
Cobi Budge":3pnqlznq said:

I actually think that Ladapo is a better all round player than Taylor. he can hold the ball up and he can run channels and is ok in front of goal.

The difference for me against last season (going forward) is that Carey and Lameiras aren’t playing as well as they both can.

Maybe because they have no focal point to work from. Oh, hang on ....

Apr 9, 2011
Andy Holland":2642cd5o said:
Taylor playing makes Carey and Lameiras tick and drags the whole team up the pitch whilst he holds the ball up, Ladapo
has a lot of strengths but he doesn't do that.
Pointless talking about that scenario really as heaven alone knows when we will see him again. Someone somehow has to step up to the mark

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I suppose that unless a free agent striker is magic upped from somewhere, Argyle will need to wait until the next Loan window early in 2019 to get a replacement.

Jul 6, 2009
Why didn't he learn from last season that as Taylor is such a key player to the way we play, he must sign an adequate back up in the summer who can play a similar role. Ladapo is not able to do what Taylor does. I don't think we will see Taylor again this year but I hope I am mistaken.