Team v Walsall? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Team v Walsall?

A

ArgyleGarg0yle

I'm gonna stick by my original decision. And Del appears happy with it looking at the Yeovil team sheet

Burgoyne
Riley Wootton Edwards Sawyer
C.Grant Fox Ness
Carey Taylor(if fit) Lameiras

A

ArgyleGarg0yle

ArgyleGarg0yle":br6kgdro said:
I'm gonna stick by my original decision. And Del appears happy with it looking at the Yeovil team sheet

Burgoyne
Riley Wootton Edwards Sawyer
C.Grant Fox Ness
Carey Taylor(if fit) Lameiras

D'oh. After 8 mins, and a defence all over the place, I've been proved very wrong. In Del, we trust.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The goalkeeper position looks an interesting one and despite Burgoyne having the number 1 shirt maybe it's not so cut and dried.

During the pre-season games so far Burgoyne has played 270 minutes and Letheren and Cooper both 225 minutes each. Letheren and Burgoyne have played a whole match each and been subbed at half time in other games for each other except against Parkway which Letheren missed because of injury, so in terms of minutes he would have been level with Burgoyne but for injury.
Cooper has had the bonus of playing in two full games although against lesser opposition.

It begs the question - who is our number 1 keeper? Everyone assumed it would be Burgoyne. Is Adams still deciding? Is Letheren good enough to be number 1? Are there financial penalty clauses set by Wolves if Burgoyne doesn't play?

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
PL2 3DQ":zibljgo4 said:
The goalkeeper position looks an interesting one and despite Burgoyne having the number 1 shirt maybe it's not so cut and dried.

During the pre-season games so far Burgoyne has played 270 minutes and Letheren and Cooper both 225 minutes each. Letheren and Burgoyne have played a whole match each and been subbed at half time in other games for each other except against Parkway which Letheren missed because of injury, so in terms of minutes he would have been level with Burgoyne but for injury.
Cooper has had the bonus of playing in two full games although against lesser opposition.

It begs the question - who is our number 1 keeper? Everyone assumed it would be Burgoyne. Is Adams still deciding? Is Letheren good enough to be number 1? Are there financial penalty clauses set by Wolves if Burgoyne doesn't play?

If Letheren gets the no.1 shirt, I just don’t get why we let McCormick go.. who I think was a better keeper than Letheren.. anyone else agree?

Aug 5, 2016
PL2 3DQ":o83k7cwp said:

Has any player or position not had his pitch time diluted by the back up/alternative option?

I think DA wants every player getting match practice, the only players who haven't had significant pitch time have been injured.

Jul 13, 2006
JannerinCardiff":3hgs6th8 said:
PL2 3DQ":3hgs6th8 said:

If Letheren gets the no.1 shirt, I just don’t get why we let McCormick go.. who I think was a better keeper than Letheren.. anyone else agree?
Yes. We let go the best keeper at the club. Not sure about Canavan.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I honestly think Cooper is a better option than Letheren.

May 8, 2011
IJN":1oigj2nl said:

Cooper still has a lot of learn, he is good at shot stopping but his decision making at crosses and corners needs a lot of improvement through coaching from Rhys and others, he doesn’t dominate the box. This aspect of his game was so evident at Dorchester.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
JannerinCardiff":m1lsngu3 said:
PL2 3DQ":m1lsngu3 said:

In fairness Letheren didn't let us down when he played last season but I do agree.

My only guess would be that McCormick may have been on more money and DA would rather have used his wages to cover other areas of the squad.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
HC Green":1qr56da2 said:
IJN":1qr56da2 said:

Cooper still has a lot of learn, he is good at shot stopping but his decision making at crosses and corners needs a lot of improvement through coaching from Rhys and others, he doesn’t dominate the box. This aspect of his game was so evident at Dorchester.
Burgoyne might have improved since I saw him last season, but based off what I saw I'd say exactly the same about him.

Tynan One Nil

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 23, 2013
Should have signed Kelle Roos to avoid this debate. At this point think it will be Letheren.

Sep 25, 2010
Tynan One Nil":31porffd said:
Should have signed Kelle Roos to avoid this debate. At this point think it will be Letheren.

No way, will be Burgoyne 100% for sure, no problem

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
If Letheren is going to be no.1, we might as well terminate Burgoyne’s loan now and loan a keeper who is capable of making Letheren no.2. I would be stunned if we enter this season with Letheren as no.1 and given our ‘improved budget’, I’d be pretty furious at it too because he is not good enough to be no.1 in a promotion challenging team. He is solid backup/a cup keeper. I also agree with the above poster, Cooper is better based on the games I have seen.

The XI I think will start the season: 4-3-3 - Burgoyne, Riley, Wootton, Edwards, Sawyer, Fox, Ness, C. Grant, Lameiras, Carey, Taylor. Subs: Letheren, Moore, Canavan, Sarcevic, Wylde, Ladapo, Dyson.

Personally feel we are short of a wide option behind the first choice pair. Also very concerned about the instability of our defence. To have potentially a back five that have never played together is worrying and I can’t believe we’ve allowed it to play out this way. Equally worrying is the lack of pace, especially at centre back.

I’ve still got high hopes for the season, but I do hope these few things are addressed.