The Anti James Brent Brigade - Why? | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Anti James Brent Brigade - Why?

• Thread starter Frazer Lloyd-Davies
  • Start date

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
Who is this Patrik Pierce fudgeWit? Anyone know?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Someone that has had Pasoti Match Day Tickets believe it or not! :facepalm:

I would add that worse things have been said about Ian De Lar and James Brent (and indeed me).

So before anyone gives anything from that site any credence, have a word with yourself please.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
Never go on it mate, nor do I intend to!

Jan 2, 2005
Plymouth
Knibbsworth answered the original question on page 1: Brent isn't a billionaire who is willing to through all his money at the club

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
IJN":lqnof6u4 said:
Someone that has had Pasoti Match Day Tickets believe it or not! :facepalm:

Exactly! He was so thankful to Pasoti members as well, how he's changed.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
dani_B":25e0gd08 said:
Knibbsworth answered the original question on page 1: Brent isn't a billionaire who is willing to through all his money at the club

Do you really think that’s the reason though Dani?

N

NorfolkGreen

IJN":sve0znxt said:
NorfolkGreen":sve0znxt said:
Completely agree, the comments made by both groups are embarrassing the insults thrown yet the proclamations of innocence are laughable. Let’s discuss, in a grown up way, the pros and cons of all things related to Argyle if some have legitimate questions let them be asked without fear of insult or ridicule, we all wants best for Argyle let reasoned discussion occur for the benefit of all fans.

Does this count as an insult? On Free Chat the day before yesterday.

You wonder why I bite? Have you read ANYTHING approaching that on here? So let's not even try to pass this off as a mam for tat thing eh?

Prat!

ZBMyBrA.jpg

I hope you are not calling me a prat, i dont feel I have done anything that justifies you insulting me.

I would hope that no one would even attempt to defend those types of comments they are deplorable. All anyone wants to do is have a reasoned discussion about the future and all things Argyle, whether that be here or on any other form of social media.

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
IJN":29lvbfnu said:
Princerock":29lvbfnu said:
..a shed with ice has been mentioned.

Dear oh dear oh dear.

Yet again, another quote directly out of context.

He said, that compared to the complexity of the grandstand build 'the ice rink is simply a shed'.

Tell me PR, why people like you bother with such comments?

When I met you, you boasted that you hadn't been to Home Park for 30 years and you loved living in the South East!!

If you're going to join in with an adult debate, then debate in an adult manner.

So it is a shed with ice in it then.....I've never boasted that I hadn't been to Home Park in 30 years.....disappointed that I haven't been able to for varies reasons until recent years....boasting is your interpretation not mine.
I see that you haven't commented about Mr Brents building record

Feb 18, 2016
Knibbsworth":2k0lq9bp said:
I suppose a few fans do wonder that with an average attendance of 10,500, higher than the League One champions Wigan, we can't even afford a decent back up striker to Ryan Taylor. We can't afford to fend off interest for Diagouraga from Fleetwood Town. That summer after summer, good players leave Argyle citing their derisory contract offers, Bradley and Threlkeld rumoured to be the latest of that conclusion, Peter Hartley, Reuben Reid, Kelvin Mellor, Curtis Nelson etc. having felt 'unwanted' by their wage offers beforehand.

Your point about paying money for Edwards is laughable. It was a negligible sum and a drop in the ocean compared to the money received for Curtis Nelson, Conor Hourihane (plus sell on clause), Ben Purrington, Jake Jervis, playing Liverpool away in front of 50,000 fans and then at home in front of 18,000. Your point about giving Carey a pay rise is daft too. Carey exploded into League Two and showed he was one if not two divisions below his standard, and you really expected him to carry on playing for Argyle on basic League Two wages, or to let our best player go when we could clearly afford more?

I don't dislike Brent to the extent of wanting him out (I believe others out there are), but DA's managerial talent masks the short comings of how the club is run. The budget Adams was given wasn't even good enough to get into the League Two playoffs, and he nearly won the division with 87 points. The budget Adams was given this season was apparently 16th in League One, which was apt for the relegation battle we found ourselves in. Yet Adams only missed the playoffs due to a squad threadbare of quality. From the way the club is run financially, we deserve to be no different to Cambridge United or Mansfield Town, stuck in League Two usually falling short of the playoffs. It is only the wily old fox in charge that separates us from that fate.

You say Brent kept his nerve on sacking Adams, but I'm quite certain that needing to pay him out of his four year contract was the smelling salts that kept Brent from making that decision. I say that as a poster firmly behind Derek Adams at every stage this season.

If Adams gets poached by a bigger club, some fans might see that our club isn't quite as solid and upwardly mobile as the league table suggests. It is only a lack of funding that stopped Brent's microstand and giant ice arena and cineplex being built, despite the majority of fans being completely disappointed and underwhelmed by it. And thank goodness for that, because the interests of Akkeron were clearly driving that agenda roughshod over the well being of the club and the views of the supporters.

Agree with pretty much all of that.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
NorfolkGreen":2j79us5w said:
I hope you are not calling me a prat, i dont feel I have done anything that justifies you insulting me.

I would hope that no one would even attempt to defend those types of comments they are deplorable. All anyone wants to do is have a reasoned discussion about the future and all things Argyle, whether that be here or on any other form of social media.

I am indeed. Nothing to do with the debate though. The prattish bit is the insistence of you comparing some of the comments on here to the vileness that occurs over there. There is no mam for tat. Just me reacting to the moronic bullying is allowed to continue over there. The constant lies and innuendo should be stamped out and not allowed to flourish under the stupid banner of ‘free speech’. Tell me, do you have a go at them over there or are you scared in case they turn on you?

As for you comment regarding debate, I completely agree with you. But we don’t want any of the ‘Someone who hasn’t got access to this site’ crap.

Everyone has access to this site unless they have broken our rules or allow people to abuse the people that run this site. Hope that’s clear enough.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Knibbsworth":35apch18 said:
I suppose a few fans do wonder that with an average attendance of 10,500, higher than the League One champions Wigan, we can't even afford a decent back up striker to Ryan Taylor. We can't afford to fend off interest for Diagouraga from Fleetwood Town. That summer after summer, good players leave Argyle citing their derisory contract offers, Bradley and Threlkeld rumoured to be the latest of that conclusion, Peter Hartley, Reuben Reid, Kelvin Mellor, Curtis Nelson etc. having felt 'unwanted' by their wage offers beforehand.

Your point about paying money for Edwards is laughable. It was a negligible sum and a drop in the ocean compared to the money received for Curtis Nelson, Conor Hourihane (plus sell on clause), Ben Purrington, Jake Jervis, playing Liverpool away in front of 50,000 fans and then at home in front of 18,000. Your point about giving Carey a pay rise is daft too. Carey exploded into League Two and showed he was one if not two divisions below his standard, and you really expected him to carry on playing for Argyle on basic League Two wages, or to let our best player go when we could clearly afford more?

I don't dislike Brent to the extent of wanting him out (I believe others out there are), but DA's managerial talent masks the short comings of how the club is run. The budget Adams was given wasn't even good enough to get into the League Two playoffs, and he nearly won the division with 87 points. The budget Adams was given this season was apparently 16th in League One, which was apt for the relegation battle we found ourselves in. Yet Adams only missed the playoffs due to a squad threadbare of quality. From the way the club is run financially, we deserve to be no different to Cambridge United or Mansfield Town, stuck in League Two usually falling short of the playoffs. It is only the wily old fox in charge that separates us from that fate.

You say Brent kept his nerve on sacking Adams, but I'm quite certain that needing to pay him out of his four year contract was the smelling salts that kept Brent from making that decision. I say that as a poster firmly behind Derek Adams at every stage this season.

If Adams gets poached by a bigger club, some fans might see that our club isn't quite as solid and upwardly mobile as the league table suggests. It is only a lack of funding that stopped Brent's microstand and giant ice arena and cineplex being built, despite the majority of fans being completely disappointed and underwhelmed by it. And thank goodness for that, because the interests of Akkeron were clearly driving that agenda roughshod over the well being of the club and the views of the supporters.
i speak as someone who has a business.do you know the costs of running one please knibbsworth?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Princerock":3fvg2cvr said:
So it is a shed with ice in it then.....I've never boasted that I hadn't been to Home Park in 30 years.....disappointed that I haven't been able to for varies reasons until recent years....boasting is your interpretation not mine.
I see that you haven't commented about Mr Brents building record

Err not it's not obviously but you guys like to be literal when you want to be don't you?

As for his building record, I know some of the ins and outs of the Oldway Manor and by God there were so many pitfalls you'd be amazed.

But to be honest, I couldn't care a fishes mam about anything else, I just want the Grandstand completed, and although it won't affect you, quite a few of us Plymouth based old boys feel the same way. I'm not quite sure why you seem to be so interested but you are and that's fair enough.