"The stats don't lie..." | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

"The stats don't lie..."

Aug 5, 2005
JannerinCardiff":faq5i7qc said:
samjones":faq5i7qc said:
For those that think we are going to survive comfortably what is the optimism based on ?
A whole new back 4 in the January transfer window.

I'm afraid I don't share the confidence in this squad or manager this time round.
TLC look a shadow of themselves from last year.
The midfield is unbalanced and all at sea and the defence is the worst I have ever seen at Argyle.

Is there going to be 4 teams worse than us is the only question anyone can possibly have

My faith on surviving is based purely on one thing Derek Adams. If the past is a marker for the future Derek’s CV is good enough to me to evidence we will survive.

Two months ago, would you have been happy with just hoping for survival this season?

May 16, 2016
Shankster":3jkk9pje said:
Surviving. What a shocking indictment on club of Plymouth’s status and following

Distasteful

What is our Status exactly ? To some we might be 'something' to any Youngsters who've recently started supporting we're just another Lower League Club.

Mar 8, 2016
Our status has slowly developed to be on par with Exeter City. Time to manage expectations. We may get 10k a week but That means f**k all these days. We want to be better than we are and it’s the hope that kills you.

Jul 12, 2016
This. Fans look forward to a new season. With no wins in the first nine league games any optimism fades quickly and although there are plenty of games to play the season has effectively been written off already by the disastrous start.

Aug 13, 2011
Our status is certainly better based than now. Historically Argyle have mainly featured in the middle 2 divisions, had never even been in the lowest tier of 4 until the 1990s. No reason to suggest we should be anywhere near there now. So we should be either a Championship team or a thriving 1st Division club. On reaching that status last season it's terribly sad to see us struggle so badly so far. It's important to not penny pinch and to back the manager with money or else it hugely backfires financially anyway. We don't seem to have effectively replaced Bradley, Vyner or Threlkeld. but there are only 9 games gone. If we stop conceding sloppy goals and score a few more we can definitely climb the league again. The best thing to do in football is to score more than the opposition. That gets points on the board. So if you can't defend well, let's attack well. Our best players such as Carey, Lameiras, Fox are the offensive players. We have to play to our strengths and stop absorbing pressure like last season.

Aug 13, 2011
Army green":2epob9o4 said:
Our status has slowly developed to be on par with Exeter City. Time to manage expectations. We may get 10k a week but That means f**k all these days. We want to be better than we are and it’s the hope that kills you.

It's worse that we were hoping to be challenging Pompey for automatic having eclipsed them last season and our next opponents Donny . Left them for dead really with our surge up the table. The 2 teams we were promoted with. And we are what 20 pts adrift. Incredible really. Like what the hell happened?

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Quizmike":2of3afec said:
JannerinCardiff":2of3afec said:
samjones":2of3afec said:
For those that think we are going to survive comfortably what is the optimism based on ?
A whole new back 4 in the January transfer window.

I'm afraid I don't share the confidence in this squad or manager this time round.
TLC look a shadow of themselves from last year.
The midfield is unbalanced and all at sea and the defence is the worst I have ever seen at Argyle.

Is there going to be 4 teams worse than us is the only question anyone can possibly have

My faith on surviving is based purely on one thing Derek Adams. If the past is a marker for the future Derek’s CV is good enough to me to evidence we will survive.

Two months ago, would you have been happy with just hoping for survival this season?

Not at all. The signings of promising young players coming from prem clubs gave me optimism. My head said we’d be mid-table my heart hoping for a flirt with 6th spot like last season.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I’d take 21st right now though. It’s vitally important that with the new grandstand we stay in L1. It could take us years to get out of L2.

Aug 13, 2011
JannerinCardiff":athxqhwn said:
I’d take 21st right now though. It’s vitally important that with the new grandstand we stay in L1. It could take us years to get out of L2.
I think is absolutely spot on!!

Sep 6, 2006
JannerinCardiff":g8wrsyzy said:

So you would take relegation @!!!

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Balham_Green":1lttrs8h said:
JannerinCardiff":1lttrs8h said:

So you would take relegation @!!!

I’m pretty sure he meant 20th.

Apr 5, 2008
Its that what we have become now,a team happy to finish just above the bottom 4 in league one.We hadn't even been in the bottom league twenty or so years ago,now we look like becoming a yo yo club between the bottom two leagues.

I cant believe people are happy with this !!