"The stats don't lie..." | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

"The stats don't lie..."

Sep 6, 2006
esmer":1eu4h087 said:
Balham_Green"[quote="Balham_Green":1eu4h087 said:
esmer":1eu4h087 said:
Balham_Green":1eu4h087 said:
Knibbsworth":1eu4h087 said:
It's not rubbish though is it?

Bristol Rovers away we were the better team. We missed some gilt edged chances, some bottled finishing that probably wouldn't have happened if we weren't bottom and the players weren't under pressure. Blackpool was the same, enough clear cut chances to win two or three games.

You don't sack a manager when the players are playing like this, trying hard, creating GOOD chances. We just need a bit of luck and momentum. Last season it just clicked, we got a draw and built on it, went months unbeaten. The season before, lose lose lose lose then about a record breaking winning streak.

It's no exaggeration to say in the cold light of day we're playing well with positivity and purpose, but when the chips are down those chances hit the post and the bar rather than clip it on the way into the net. The bad luck can't last like this forever.

COYG :scarf:

I can excuse Justin and Moles talking nonsense about creating chances v Blackpool as they weren't there but you were I think. Or perhaps not? . So you seem very confused. You do know Argyle were playing in green?. When you talk about all these good chances are you including the warm up before the game?
To the likes of you and Shankster our chances don't count, only the oppositions.

Come on then. Tell us ALL chances.
What I can remember

Rovers: Lapedo, Carey, Sarcevic, Songo + others in goalmouth scramble

Blackpool: Carey (good save from the keeper),Grant (very close to keepers save from Carey's shot), Edwards (Close range from corner saved by goalie), Lapedo (Hit post) Lameries (narrow angle shot), Songo (very close to Lameries shot after the goalie saved), Sarcevic (cross fractionally too high in injury time close range couldn't get it down), Sawyer (Close range effort blocked by defender)

Now tell us all Blackpool's

Now I get it. All those miss kicks failed connections long range off target shots over hit crosses count as chances.!! Ludicrous[/quote]
No long range efforts there and only one slightly overhit cross which a few inches lower would have given us an injury time equalizer. Are you going to tell us all the chances Blackpool had now?[/quote]

If you are going to count all similar 'chances ' where they got in our penalty box and there was a block etc then I lost count. Just in the first 20. But you are unwilling to see the obvious stated by many above not just me so you continue to live in your fantasy world

Jul 12, 2016
I agree with gru mpy and rsp4, the only statistic that matters is how many games you win or draw. I can recall Tony Mowbray kept repeating how well his WBA side were playing ,the amount of possession they had and shots in games before they were eventually relegated! In fact Gary Lineker on Match of the Day reminded Mowbray that regardless of the stats WBA were losing most of their games.

Oct 24, 2010
Balham_Green":1p4r39f3 said:
esmer":1p4r39f3 said:
Balham_Green"[quote="Balham_Green":1p4r39f3 said:
esmer":1p4r39f3 said:
Balham_Green":1p4r39f3 said:
Knibbsworth":1p4r39f3 said:
It's not rubbish though is it?

Bristol Rovers away we were the better team. We missed some gilt edged chances, some bottled finishing that probably wouldn't have happened if we weren't bottom and the players weren't under pressure. Blackpool was the same, enough clear cut chances to win two or three games.

You don't sack a manager when the players are playing like this, trying hard, creating GOOD chances. We just need a bit of luck and momentum. Last season it just clicked, we got a draw and built on it, went months unbeaten. The season before, lose lose lose lose then about a record breaking winning streak.

It's no exaggeration to say in the cold light of day we're playing well with positivity and purpose, but when the chips are down those chances hit the post and the bar rather than clip it on the way into the net. The bad luck can't last like this forever.

COYG :scarf:

I can excuse Justin and Moles talking nonsense about creating chances v Blackpool as they weren't there but you were I think. Or perhaps not? . So you seem very confused. You do know Argyle were playing in green?. When you talk about all these good chances are you including the warm up before the game?
To the likes of you and Shankster our chances don't count, only the oppositions.

Come on then. Tell us ALL chances.
What I can remember

Rovers: Lapedo, Carey, Sarcevic, Songo + others in goalmouth scramble

Blackpool: Carey (good save from the keeper),Grant (very close to keepers save from Carey's shot), Edwards (Close range from corner saved by goalie), Lapedo (Hit post) Lameries (narrow angle shot), Songo (very close to Lameries shot after the goalie saved), Sarcevic (cross fractionally too high in injury time close range couldn't get it down), Sawyer (Close range effort blocked by defender)

Now tell us all Blackpool's

Now I get it. All those miss kicks failed connections long range off target shots over hit crosses count as chances.!! Ludicrous
No long range efforts there and only one slightly overhit cross which a few inches lower would have given us an injury time equalizer. Are you going to tell us all the chances Blackpool had now?[/quote]

If you are going to count all similar 'chances ' where they got in our penalty box and there was a block etc then I lost count. Just in the first 20. But you are unwilling to see the obvious stated by many above not just me so you continue to live in your fantasy world[/quote]

You can't remember any Blackpool chances can you

Oct 24, 2010
jespafc":zeum8oqi said:
esmer":zeum8oqi said:
Shankster":zeum8oqi said:
Sitting around in Block 10

‘Hey guys, the stats aren’t half good today eh?’

‘Can’t ever remeber the stats being so good, same time next week, hopefully we can keep winning the stats’
Surely you've been watching football long enough to know that the better team doesn't always win the game; as is the case in our last two matches. If we continue with this improvement the results will come. It's misleading to say that football is a results business, it isn't, it is about performance; results over a season reflect performance. Agreed our performances haven't been great so far this year but there has been an encouraging, marked improvement in the last two matches, which if we can sustain will in time bring results.

I'm sorry, but I really don't think we deserved 3 points against Blackpool. They created 3-4 clear chances and if they had taken these it could've been a very different game. I acknowledge we created some pressure in the 2nd half, but overall the clearer chances fell to the team in Tangerine and if I were connected to Blackpool and I read Adam's comments, I'd feel fairly bewildered.
I'm not saying we produced a magnificent display of scintillating football but it was an improvement on our earlier form and we did most of the attacking and had more chances than Blackpool, it wasn't a great game but, for me anyway, we were the better team.

John Cooper

Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Only one team out of 92 has a goal difference worse than ours. That’s a telling stat

Jul 12, 2016
19 points behind Peterborough after only 9 games. Think we will struggle to be champions this season.

Oct 31, 2015
oldage":1uiy5src said:
19 points behind Peterborough after only 9 games. Think we will struggle to be champions this season.

Dont give up mate we can do this.