"The stats don't lie..." | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

"The stats don't lie..."

Oct 24, 2010
GreenThing":34xt1hwo said:
esmer":34xt1hwo said:
Balham_Green":34xt1hwo said:
esmer":34xt1hwo said:
Balham_Green":34xt1hwo said:
Knibbsworth":34xt1hwo said:
It's not rubbish though is it?

Bristol Rovers away we were the better team. We missed some gilt edged chances, some bottled finishing that probably wouldn't have happened if we weren't bottom and the players weren't under pressure. Blackpool was the same, enough clear cut chances to win two or three games.

You don't sack a manager when the players are playing like this, trying hard, creating GOOD chances. We just need a bit of luck and momentum. Last season it just clicked, we got a draw and built on it, went months unbeaten. The season before, lose lose lose lose then about a record breaking winning streak.

It's no exaggeration to say in the cold light of day we're playing well with positivity and purpose, but when the chips are down those chances hit the post and the bar rather than clip it on the way into the net. The bad luck can't last like this forever.

COYG :scarf:

I can excuse Justin and Moles talking nonsense about creating chances v Blackpool as they weren't there but you were I think. Or perhaps not? . So you seem very confused. You do know Argyle were playing in green?. When you talk about all these good chances are you including the warm up before the game?
To the likes of you and Shankster our chances don't count, only the oppositions.

Come on then. Tell us ALL chances.
What I can remember

Rovers: Lapedo, Carey, Sarcevic, Songo + others in goalmouth scramble

Blackpool: Carey (good save from the keeper),Grant (very close to keepers save from Carey's shot), Edwards (Close range from corner saved by goalie), Lapedo (Hit post) Lameries (narrow angle shot), Songo (very close to Lameries shot after the goalie saved), Sarcevic (cross fractionally too high in injury time close range couldn't get it down), Sawyer (Close range effort blocked by defender)

Now tell us all Blackpool's

You forgot Taylor mis-controlling the ball with just the goalie to beat.
No doubt forgot more than that, particularly against Rovers.

Oct 16, 2016
Peterborough won 5-1
Blackpool won 1-0
Millwall won 3-2
Portsmouth won 3-0

A fantastic 0-0 with Rovers (haha)

Seriously, it’s embarrassing to defend statistics that don’t equate to results

Oct 24, 2010
Shankster":3962ffij said:
Peterborough won 5-1
Blackpool won 1-0
Millwall won 3-2
Portsmouth won 3-0

A fantastic 0-0 with Rovers (haha)

Seriously, it’s embarrassing to defend statistics that don’t equate to results
As I said in a earlier post if the only thing that interests you is the result don't waste your time and money going to games, you can find out all you want to know from the TV.

Oct 16, 2016
What interests me buddy is football, results and entertainment

None of that is forthcoming but I’ll still keep going because the day is more than the game AND Adams will be gone, I’ll still be here

I don’t sit there and count chances, either side.

Oct 16, 2016
It hilarious

If the stats are fantastic but we haven’t won a game come January will the board say ‘the stats are amazing, we’ve got the best stats in the league’? It’s ridiculous

Don’t be (insult removed by Admin)

Aug 5, 2012
Gravesend - Kent
As someone once said (Winston Churchill?)..."there are lies, damn lies and then statistics". And he was right. Company's such as OPTA are turning the game into a version of American baseball and our Media is lapping it up in the mistaken belief that it makes the product and their programmes more interesting. I suspect this is breeding a new generation of fans who don't realise there is only one statistic that matters ie. goals. Who the hell cares that Argyle had X amount of possession/shots off target etc etc etc when they still lost the game. Even if they had won statistics are still irrelevant.

Oct 31, 2015
gru_mpy":2hl16tq4 said:
As someone once said (Winston Churchill?)..."there are lies, damn lies and then statistics". And he was right. Company's such as OPTA are turning the game into a version of American baseball and our Media is lapping it up in the mistaken belief that it makes the product and their programmes more interesting. I suspect this is breeding a new generation of fans who don't realise there is only one statistic that matters ie. goals. Who the hell cares that Argyle had X amount of possession/shots off target etc etc etc when they still lost the game. Even if they had won statistics are still irrelevant.

Hurray some common sense.

Goals for and against are what gets you the points and our goals for is awful and our goals against is as bad. Hence 3 points snd bottom. Stats dont lie.

Go out to win DA instead of not to lose. Get the ball in thr onion bag more than than the opposotion and I will get off your back. Until that happens I will complain all I like about the state of the only football team I support.

Oct 16, 2016
Sitting around in Block 10

‘Hey guys, the stats aren’t half good today eh?’

‘Can’t ever remeber the stats being so good, same time next week, hopefully we can keep winning the stats’

Oct 31, 2015
Shankster":3cnmy8mf said:

‘Can’t ever remeber the stats being so good, same time next week, hopefully we can keep winning the stats’

:) :) :)

Sep 6, 2006
esmer":l4ij6f6q said:
Balham_Green":l4ij6f6q said:
esmer":l4ij6f6q said:
Balham_Green":l4ij6f6q said:
Knibbsworth":l4ij6f6q said:

Bristol Rovers away we were the better team. We missed some gilt edged chances, some bottled finishing that probably wouldn't have happened if we weren't bottom and the players weren't under pressure. Blackpool was the same, enough clear cut chances to win two or three games.

You don't sack a manager when the players are playing like this, trying hard, creating GOOD chances. We just need a bit of luck and momentum. Last season it just clicked, we got a draw and built on it, went months unbeaten. The season before, lose lose lose lose then about a record breaking winning streak.

It's no exaggeration to say in the cold light of day we're playing well with positivity and purpose, but when the chips are down those chances hit the post and the bar rather than clip it on the way into the net. The bad luck can't last like this forever.

I can excuse Justin and Moles talking nonsense about creating chances v Blackpool as they weren't there but you were I think. Or perhaps not? . So you seem very confused. You do know Argyle were playing in green?. When you talk about all these good chances are you including the warm up before the game?
To the likes of you and Shankster our chances don't count, only the oppositions.

What I can remember

Blackpool: Carey (good save from the keeper),Grant (very close to keepers save from Carey's shot), Edwards (Close range from corner saved by goalie), Lapedo (Hit post) Lameries (narrow angle shot), Songo (very close to Lameries shot after the goalie saved), Sarcevic (cross fractionally too high in injury time close range couldn't get it down), Sawyer (Close range effort blocked by defender)

Now I get it. All those miss kicks failed connections long range off target shots over hit crosses count as chances.!! Ludicrous

Oct 24, 2010
Shankster":3vyvqzee said:

Surely you've been watching football long enough to know that the better team doesn't always win the game; as is the case in our last two matches. If we continue with this improvement the results will come. It's misleading to say that football is a results business, it isn't, it is about performance; results over a season reflect performance. Agreed our performances haven't been great so far this year but there has been an encouraging, marked improvement in the last two matches, which if we can sustain will in time bring results.

Oct 16, 2016
esmer":22nq0si3 said:
Shankster":22nq0si3 said:

Surely you've been watching football long enough to know that the better team doesn't always win the game; as is the case in our last two matches. If we continue with this improvement the results will come. It's misleading to say that football is a results business, it isn't, it is about performance; results over a season reflect performance. Agreed our performances haven't been great so far this year but there has been an encouraging, marked improvement in the last two matches, which if we can sustain will in time bring results.

With all due respect, absolute, utter tripe. You’re taking scutter
Performances have been nothing short of disgraceful

Oct 24, 2010
Balham_Green":1mdwfy34 said:
esmer":1mdwfy34 said:
esmer":1mdwfy34 said:
Knibbsworth":1mdwfy34 said:

What I can remember

Now I get it. All those miss kicks failed connections long range off target shots over hit crosses count as chances.!! Ludicrous
No long range efforts there and only one slightly overhit cross which a few inches lower would have given us an injury time equalizer. Are you going to tell us all the chances Blackpool had now?

Oct 24, 2010
Shankster":2nbar2k6 said:
esmer":2nbar2k6 said:
Shankster":2nbar2k6 said:

With all due respect, absolute, utter tripe. You’re taking scutter
Performances have been nothing short of disgraceful
Our performances have been generally poor apart from the last two games which have been a marked improvement.

What's scutter and where should I take it?

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
esmer":38lzept6 said:
Shankster":38lzept6 said:

I'm sorry, but I really don't think we deserved 3 points against Blackpool. They created 3-4 clear chances and if they had taken these it could've been a very different game. I acknowledge we created some pressure in the 2nd half, but overall the clearer chances fell to the team in Tangerine and if I were connected to Blackpool and I read Adam's comments, I'd feel fairly bewildered.