The thread formerly known as "Bradford Home next Saturday" | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The thread formerly known as "Bradford Home next Saturday"

Apr 26, 2016
Imagine the whole ground singing from the same hymn sheet ! would lift the team.

Use to sing fly the green flag years ago and chain gang and drink up your Cider these days apart from Argyle, Argyle and Cary
the atmosphere seems quieter these days, although this could be due to old age, deafness etc.

Challenge to the more youthful::

Feb 2, 2007
Bolshevik1966":2wnqf9v6 said:
Imagine the whole ground singing from the same hymn sheet ! would lift the team.

Use to sing fly the green flag years ago and chain gang and drink up your Cider these days apart from Argyle, Argyle and Cary
the atmosphere seems quieter these days, although this could be due to old age, deafness etc.

Challenge to the more youthful::

Why the more youthful? Male voice choirs make a racket and they are Mostly elderly codgers!

Apr 26, 2016
Old age, five pints spend half the time in the toilets, forget the words (apart from Argyle Argyle) and no staying power to sing endlessly.
And I would have more chance off marrying Nicole Kidman than getting into a male choir. But your right I can get of my ass and raise the roof.

Apologies to anyone sat close.

Sep 19, 2015
Bolshevik1966":bkiu48nc said:
Old age, five pints spend half the time in the toilets, forget the words (apart from Argyle Argyle) and no staying power to sing endlessly.
And I would have more chance off marrying Nicole Kidman than getting into a male choir. But your right I can get of my ass and raise the roof.

Apologies to anyone sat close.

Good man, creating an atmosphere should not be restricted to just us young uns :cool:

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Balham_Green":me7kb6aq said:
We DO need a song. Try u tubing Hibso 'sunshine on leath'.

We'd need a few more fans to make us sound like that. :lol:

You Tube

May 16, 2016
Keepitgreen":qi87psrp said:
Balham_Green":qi87psrp said:

You Tube

That was a Cup Final. We're not that far apart in averages. Bit like us at a Play Off Final, just better organised !

Jun 28, 2004
The anthem should be "he who would valient be" with some modified words... All except the last line of course.

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
Every year during the Six Nations I’ve thought the unofficial Irish anthem could so easily be used
Argyle, Argyle together standing tall
Shoulder to shoulder we’ll answer Argyle’s call

Simple and rousing

Apr 26, 2016
Well it needs to be simple and loud and last longer than five words.

Tried to think who had famous anthems, Hammers and Bubbles, Millwall - no one like us, Liverpool your never walk alone, Saints oh when the saints come walking in, Pompey I o city?
Villa is the weirdest sounds like yippee yippee do.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Guiri Green":2gsjiuar said:
Keepitgreen":2gsjiuar said:
Balham_Green":2gsjiuar said:

You Tube

That was a Cup Final. We're not that far apart in averages. Bit like us at a Play Off Final, just better organised !

Asking a crowd of football fans to sing:
'My heart was broken' 'sorrow' and 'my tears were crying' is not the most difficult gig is it!! :think: :lol:

Jul 3, 2013
We could have kept Goodnight Irene considering we first sang it years ago away at Rovers who then pinched it.

Anyway, what’s wrong with Sweet Molly Malone? Unfortunately that cringeworthy Beatles/S&P number is heard around the ground.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I don't think that was the case, apparently Argyle fans sang 'Goodnight Irene' at the Rovers fans as they were walking out after a defeat.