Time for DA to go please board | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Time for DA to go please board

The future of Derek Adams?

• Stay

Votes: 205 53.8%
  • Go

Votes: 120 31.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 56 14.7%

• Total voters

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I want him to stay, it's too early in the season for a sacking and with the transfer window closed a new manager wouldn't be able to bring in new players.
We were bottom of the league last December and still avoided relegation with ease. That run to the play-offs won't be repeated but we should have enough in the squad plus new signings in January to avoid relegation this season.

It's a season of transition for the club with a new owner, a new CEO, a new chairman and the grandstand being refurbished so I think a new manager at this early stage is a step too far.
I think the board will look at the situation in the run up to the January transfer window and look for signs of improvement before making any decision.

That said, I'm experienced enough football fan to realise that poor results, poor performances, odd substitutions, bottom of the league and now having a pop at the fans will always put a manager in danger of losing his job.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
davegreenarmy":3uxdztfq said:
And replace him with who? Another manager that a league 1/2 team have sacked after deeming them not good enough?

You do know that clubs who have changed their manager have occasionally been known to experience improved results?

Sep 6, 2006
PL2 3DQ":2se5izwy said:
I want him to stay, it's too early in the season for a sacking and with the transfer window closed a new manager wouldn't be able to bring in new players.
We were bottom of the league last December and still avoided relegation with ease. That run to the play-offs won't be repeated but we should have enough in the squad plus new signings in January to avoid relegation this season.

It's a season of transition for the club with a new owner, a new CEO, a new chairman and the grandstand being refurbished so I think a new manager at this early stage is a step too far.
I think the board will look at the situation in the run up to the January transfer window and look for signs of improvement before making any decision.

That said, I'm experienced enough football fan to realise that poor results, poor performances, odd substitutions, bottom of the league and now having a pop at the fans will always put a manager in danger of losing his job.

Even if big if he did keep is up is a relegation battle (which is what it's going to be) good enough? Notwithstanding the negative and rubbish football.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Welwyn Pilgrim":32g75flx said:
There's something not quite right at HP amongst the players. The somewhat muted celebration of Lamerias goal yesterday was quite noticeable considering it was an equaliser and I'm still somewhat surprised that none of the injured players came back into the squad yesterday even on the bench. Maybe I'm just reading to much into it but my impression is that the players don't lack confidence in their own ability but lack confidence in what there being asked to do because it clearly isn't working. The rant that DA has now come out with regarding comments made by supporters and reminding everyone of what he has done for the club is, in my opinion, that of someone hanging on to his job by his fingertips. If he was to go I wouldn't want Wotts to take over, we need a completely new management team to re-energise the squad and start afresh. Who that person is I have no idea but I'd certainly think about bringing Coughlan back in some capacity.

Where is Paul Tisdale these days?

Aug 7, 2005
Paignton
I’ve put undecided. I didn’t call for him to go last year but I’m on the turn. The post match comments are increasingly arrogant and after our worst start for decades he should be more tolerant of the frankly expected anger of the fans. I’m not one for screaming abuse at our players or managers but he’d be better off showing some humility rather than lashing out.

I can’t see the corner we need to turn or where a win is coming from

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Balham_Green":33jj79t5 said:
PL2 3DQ":33jj79t5 said:

Even if big if he did keep is up is a relegation battle (which is what it's going to be) good enough? Notwithstanding the negative and rubbish football.

15 year contract extension if he keeps us in the third teir surely?!

Aug 11, 2013
Didn’t we have a similar poll last year where people with an anti Adams agenda (regardless of our success under him which as a reminder is finishing higher in the league year on year) embarrassed themselves. Another vote for the fickle and faithless.

Sep 6, 2006
I think the boArd had 100% confidence in him at start of the season which is always dangerous in itself. Some of us didn't. They MUST be having doubts now but will probably need a few more weeks convincing before making a decision. The warning signs were there in the 5
1 defeat at Yeovil before the season even started.

Oct 14, 2015
JannerinCardiff":255j09ny said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":255j09ny said:
There's something not quite right at HP amongst the players. The somewhat muted celebration of Lamerias goal yesterday was quite noticeable considering it was an equaliser and I'm still somewhat surprised that none of the injured players came back into the squad yesterday even on the bench. Maybe I'm just reading to much into it but my impression is that the players don't lack confidence in their own ability but lack confidence in what there being asked to do because it clearly isn't working. The rant that DA has now come out with regarding comments made by supporters and reminding everyone of what he has done for the club is, in my opinion, that of someone hanging on to his job by his fingertips. If he was to go I wouldn't want Wotts to take over, we need a completely new management team to re-energise the squad and start afresh. Who that person is I have no idea but I'd certainly think about bringing Coughlan back in some capacity.

Where is Paul Tisdale these days?

Milton Keynes

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Part of me think Adams might want to get sacked..

1. He’ll get a decent payout 2. He’ll not have a relegation on his CV 3. He could get a new club with more resources than Argyle quite easily 4. Probably sick of travelling 5. He knows he’s lost the love affair with the Green Army.

Mar 23, 2008
After his unprofessional comments yesterday, that's me done. His patronising comments about our fans behaviour looking bad for the club, OUR club. What looks bad is negative play, poor results and carp spouted in the press.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
PL2 3DQ":2thqskn2 said:

Waiting until January may be too late to act. If our current pointage is not improved upon we could be cut adrift from the rest of the league.If results don't improve in The next two games then Adams should go.

Apr 12, 2016
Stay for now. There is no guarantee that a new manager will get anything better out of those players than DA will. Also he has created the situation we are in now and the onus should be on him to sort it which I imagine is what his focus is on.