Time for DA to go please board | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Time for DA to go please board

The future of Derek Adams?

• Stay

Votes: 205 53.8%
  • Go

Votes: 120 31.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 56 14.7%

• Total voters

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Not far off 200 votes and the consensus is most people on here would like Adams to go.

Wonder if the board read these message boards.

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
In my opinion if Adams is prepared to accept the plaudits when we win then he must also accept the brickbats when we perform like we have this season with nil wins out of ten. WE don`t press as a team, yesterday whenever we had the ball Doncaster knocked us off it and away they went, we don`t win second balls because so many stand still waiting for the ball to come to them, we never seem to have players available to receive the ball so back it goes, we don`t have a target man but still hoof the ball up to where he would be, no-one on the post for corners, no-one left up for corners (Ainsworth once yesterday for the first time in an age). WE set up not to lose which gives heart and confidence to the opposition and only when it is a lost cause do we play with passion and urgency. Adams in or Adams out - a more flexible Adams then in, the same inflexible Adams then sadly out. A change of tactics, formation and more timely, relevant substitutions would I feel make a world of difference.

Aug 4, 2018
I'm still in the DA in camp. However, DA may have pulled it off for the last couple of seasons, but I fear his luck will/has run out. I'm getting a bit fed-up with year-on-year survival. Just surviving isn't good enough. We can't and shouldn't bank on DA pulling one out of the hat each season.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Charles.plym":bnh3p6q7 said:
samjones":bnh3p6q7 said:
r4h4al":bnh3p6q7 said:
Great post but he won't go so we might as well just accept that. Besides why do you think a new manager would do any better with these underperforming players?

I agree with your post but I only want him to stay because I don't think it will make any difference if he left. We'll either stay up or we won't but it won't be because of Adams leaving.

Remember when we sacked Luggy in a similar predicament well it didn't work. So let's learn from that mistake I say and have faith in the manager. In Adams we trust.

Agree with this.

Sadly we are stuck with DA like it or not.

What happened last year was remarkable. No one saw it coming and the momentum and confidence built up was incredible. even when we played poorly we still won and everything went for us ( until the last 6 games when normal service resumed )
That run is not repeatable by ANY team IMHO.

make no mistake we are worse than last year and really are in a relegation battle to the very end this time around and the biggest problem we have is the inept defence. Those brought in are simply not good enough and nor are they for League 2 even.

Last year we had a solid keeper in Matthews.
Great RB in Oscar
Dominating CB in Bradley
Fast sweeper in Vyner
Steady LB in Sawyer

Todays back 5 are not fit to lace the boots of the above.

Failing 5 new signings the defence is inacapable of getting any better as its simply not within them
So you want 4 more seasons of this dire football and outrageous excuses whilst belittling the supporters just because it didn't work out once before? Great plan

Not at all but just saying DA will not resign or be relieved of duties. I've never been a DA fan and as I stated before the board will not have the ball/finances to sack him and then have funds to give the new manager to recruit and replace the dross DA brought in

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
JannerinCardiff":15g2pce1 said:
Not far off 200 votes and the consensus is most people on here would like Adams to go.

actually.as i type if you add together the undecided and stay it is 50%.'twill be interesting this evening when most of us have reflected on the disappointment and what derek has done for the three years he has been here.he "had a go" at some idiotic supporters who were using base language not the majority of us.

Aug 5, 2005
arrythewurzel":1zdz8rfc said:
Shankster":1zdz8rfc said:
arrythewurzel":1zdz8rfc said:
Didn’t we have a similar poll last year where people with an anti Adams agenda (regardless of our success under him which as a reminder is finishing higher in the league year on year) embarrassed themselves. Another vote for the fickle and faithless.
Utter tripe

Cripes my memory and facts must be deceiving me. There was no poll. People didn’t come back later in the season apologising they were wrong and we haven’t finished higher year on year. Booking a GP appointment tonight !

Hi Arry,

So because you were 'right' last season, your opinion is the only one that is valid now is it? You might not realise how patronising you sound.

But were you actually right? What was achieved last season? We bottled the play offs. The same as we bottled the Championship And bottled the play off final. There was no success, unless you count success as not being relegated.

And we built on last season how? With the worst start in 37 years. Is that acceptable?

So really, you could say that those who wanted Adams out last year were right in the long term.

Oct 16, 2016
arrythewurzel":2qrfxc83 said:
Shankster":2qrfxc83 said:
arrythewurzel":2qrfxc83 said:
Didn’t we have a similar poll last year where people with an anti Adams agenda (regardless of our success under him which as a reminder is finishing higher in the league year on year) embarrassed themselves. Another vote for the fickle and faithless.
Utter tripe

Cripes my memory and facts must be deceiving me. There was no poll. People didn’t come back later in the season apologising they were wrong and we haven’t finished higher year on year. Booking a GP appointment tonight !

What happened last season? Had a very good run and then tripe at the end. Won nothing, achieved nothing

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
So you want 4 more seasons of this dire football and outrageous excuses whilst belittling the supporters just because it didn't work out once before? Great plan

Yep I do and Chris errington obviously agrees with me after reading his post. Consistency in management is key I believe.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
r4h4al":ypolnmpa said:

Yep I do and Chris errington obviously agrees with me after reading his post. Consistency in management is key I believe.
Stop being a troll.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
JannerinCardiff":vjg4m578 said:

47%. Let's not exaggerate

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I think we've unequivocally confirmed 'fact' and JannerinCardiff are not regular bedmates Bob. :greensmile:

Mar 21, 2013
Charles.plym":32jknyfn said:
arrythewurzel":32jknyfn said:
So unless we want to be happy clapping like a demented seal and arse licking big ego del at every opportunity we are not allowed an opinion?

Why is it that some people think just because someone’s not frothing at the mouth to get a manager sacked & banging out tons of comments on a forum repeating pretty much the same stuff every day that they’re somehow happy clappy green tints? I’m not saying that’s you by the way just that it’s not always that black & white, there doesn’t have to be just 2 camps, you’re either with or against Adams, it is possible to be thoroughly fed up with how things are going & unsure as to what to do next, whether he should stay or go. It does seem that unless you absolutely can’t stand the guy & want him sacked pronto you must be a blind green tint, or related, or his friend, or Adams himself?!

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
It was at the time of posting. Out of the 3 options Lethe favourite was for Adams to go. All I have done is say this.

Feb 23, 2008
It is concerning how detached he seems to be from the fans though, as of in he's had an easy ride and I think he's been given the benefit of the doubt when we've had bad runs before.

He almost seems surprised some fans feel this way when some of the home performances have been dire. We've relied on those great away performances over the past few seasons to get that decent win percentage.

I've said for a while now that he has delivered year on year improvement but it's not been pretty. When he gets it wrong he gets it really, really wrong. I also said last season he should be given until xmas and if he didn't change his approach then get rid. He then changed his approach and it worked wonders, so why back to the old approach? Which now isn't working wonders?!

Mar 23, 2008
r4h4al":q8gg7r88 said:
Since I Was 33":q8gg7r88 said:
Secondly for those criticising his comments about the fans I think this was more aimed at that minority of fans giving him neanderthal type abuse rather than the ordinary disgruntled supporter.

Exactly. And I agree with him it was out of order.
So if acknowledge its a minority, why not rise above it? If he was abused, I don't condone that but its true a growing number of the fanbase are becoming disinchanted with his style and results.