Time for DA to go please board | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Time for DA to go please board

The future of Derek Adams?

• Stay

Votes: 205 53.8%
  • Go

Votes: 120 31.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 56 14.7%

• Total voters
Apr 12, 2016
Secondly for those criticising his comments about the fans I think this was more aimed at that minority of fans giving him neanderthal type abuse rather than the ordinary disgruntled supporter.

Aug 26, 2011
That’s what I love about football - the long memory fans have and loyalty to a manager - NOT

He has a long term project here and what we are seeing is the result of a very high turn over of players every season - Which is my main gripe with Adams and at some point he would pick a few duff players and the side will struggle

All good sides build a squad / team adding a couple players each season to improve the side

As we made a profit of only £32000 there clearly isnt the money to sign the players up on longer term deals. And offer better / match deals available at other clubs so Adams hands are somewhat tied by financial restrictions he’s operating under

With what he’s had to work with he’s done very well for us

I have faith that he will keep us in this division which is the important thing

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Balham_Green":32y8scio said:
I think the boArd had 100% confidence in him at start of the season which is always dangerous in itself. Some of us didn't. They MUST be having doubts now but will probably need a few more weeks convincing before making a decision. The warning signs were there in the 5
1 defeat at Yeovil before the season even started.

Yeah I keep thinking about that Yeovil game. Wrote it off at the time as meaningless friendly, etc... But in truth its a summary of our season so far.

It was clear that we had no pace in defence and that it would cause us problems. Wootton couldn't run properly in that game, it was clear that his days as a pro are gone.

We changed the shape at half time to the same shape as yesterday, 4-2-3-1, but had Connor Grant at left wing. Which Adams has done deliberately throughout the season. He was as garbage against Yeovil as he has been in every other game for us.

Adams gave our formation and line up that took us from bottom to 7th last season 45 minutes against Walsall. The first half, we were 1-1 and it was definitely not the worst performance of the season. Lamerias was hauled off at half time, we changed shape, we got worse and Adams criticised Lamerias and Carey post match. Since then it's gone from bad to worse.

Now he's turned on fans. If he thinks Home Park is a hostile environment and that Argyle fans are unreasonable oafs then Adams does not get around to much football. I can assure everyone that we are one of the most forgiving and tame fanbases in the country.

Adams needs to stop being such a sensitive prune and to get a grip. He needs to be honest with himself and the club if this "head of football" role is too much responsibility and is having an adverse effect on his ability as a coach.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
TynanWozGr8":2tjfh743 said:
That’s what I love about football - the long memory fans have and loyalty to a manager - NOT

He has a long term project here and what we are seeing is the result of a very high turn over of players every season - Which is my main gripe with Adams and at some point he would pick a few duff players and the side will struggle

All good sides build a squad / team adding a couple players each season to improve the side

As we made a profit of only £32000 there clearly isnt the money to sign the players up on longer term deals. And offer better / match deals available at other clubs so Adams hands are somewhat tied by financial restrictions he’s operating under

With what he’s had to work with he’s done very well for us

I have faith that he will keep us in this division which is the important thing

And what happens for next season?

It’s more than just surviving each season. We want progressive improvement and to look forward to match day at home or away.

There’s absolutely no enjoyment right now.

Oct 16, 2016
arrythewurzel":yl0iktl3 said:
Didn’t we have a similar poll last year where people with an anti Adams agenda (regardless of our success under him which as a reminder is finishing higher in the league year on year) embarrassed themselves. Another vote for the fickle and faithless.
Utter tripe

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
Oh goodness, here we go again. It’s just sad.

I am very far from pro-Adams and wouldn’t be sad to see him go.

The bit that frustrates me is he is such a good manager when he’s not in a rut. The question for me is how deep is the rut? I thought he was dead and buried last year but he proved me wrong.

His attitude and comments are funny when we are winning, but grind so very, very much when we are losing. His surprise at how angry the fans were yesterday shows a naivety that is telling.

The problem is you know he’ll go somewhere and do really well. Can he stay here though?

What a mess he has created.

Jan 6, 2004
This is not the same as last season- last season there were always glimpses of something better - it was obvious we were in a false position in the league following a string of injuries and sendings off. This season we are in a true position. Every team we have played has been better than us, some miles better. There are a lot of injuries but, Taylor aside, unlike last season we all know they won’t make much difference when they come back. If Adams stays there is no hope

Aug 11, 2013
Shankster":d24nq69k said:
arrythewurzel":d24nq69k said:
Didn’t we have a similar poll last year where people with an anti Adams agenda (regardless of our success under him which as a reminder is finishing higher in the league year on year) embarrassed themselves. Another vote for the fickle and faithless.
Utter tripe

Cripes my memory and facts must be deceiving me. There was no poll. People didn’t come back later in the season apologising they were wrong and we haven’t finished higher year on year. Booking a GP appointment tonight !

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Great post but he won't go so we might as well just accept that. Besides why do you think a new manager would do any better with these underperforming players?

I agree with your post but I only want him to stay because I don't think it will make any difference if he left. We'll either stay up or we won't but it won't be because of Adams leaving.

Remember when we sacked Luggy in a similar predicament well it didn't work. So let's learn from that mistake I say and have faith in the manager. In Adams we trust.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Since I Was 33":2zczw65m said:
Secondly for those criticising his comments about the fans I think this was more aimed at that minority of fans giving him neanderthal type abuse rather than the ordinary disgruntled supporter.

Exactly. And I agree with him it was out of order.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
r4h4al":262l5vcy said:
Great post but he won't go so we might as well just accept that. Besides why do you think a new manager would do any better with these underperforming players?

I agree with your post but I only want him to stay because I don't think it will make any difference if he left. We'll either stay up or we won't but it won't be because of Adams leaving.

Remember when we sacked Luggy in a similar predicament well it didn't work. So let's learn from that mistake I say and have faith in the manager. In Adams we trust.

Agree with this.

Sadly we are stuck with DA like it or not.

What happened last year was remarkable. No one saw it coming and the momentum and confidence built up was incredible. even when we played poorly we still won and everything went for us ( until the last 6 games when normal service resumed )
That run is not repeatable by ANY team IMHO.

make no mistake we are worse than last year and really are in a relegation battle to the very end this time around and the biggest problem we have is the inept defence. Those brought in are simply not good enough and nor are they for League 2 even.

Last year we had a solid keeper in Matthews.
Great RB in Oscar
Dominating CB in Bradley
Fast sweeper in Vyner
Steady LB in Sawyer

Todays back 5 are not fit to lace the boots of the above.

Failing 5 new signings the defence is inacapable of getting any better as its simply not within them

C

Charles Plym

arrythewurzel":34ljooe0 said:
So unless we want to be happy clapping like a demented seal and arse licking big ego del at every opportunity we are not allowed an opinion?

C

Charles Plym

samjones":c43qcocf said:
r4h4al":c43qcocf said:

Agree with this.

Sadly we are stuck with DA like it or not.

What happened last year was remarkable. No one saw it coming and the momentum and confidence built up was incredible. even when we played poorly we still won and everything went for us ( until the last 6 games when normal service resumed )
That run is not repeatable by ANY team IMHO.

make no mistake we are worse than last year and really are in a relegation battle to the very end this time around and the biggest problem we have is the inept defence. Those brought in are simply not good enough and nor are they for League 2 even.

Last year we had a solid keeper in Matthews.
Great RB in Oscar
Dominating CB in Bradley
Fast sweeper in Vyner
Steady LB in Sawyer

Todays back 5 are not fit to lace the boots of the above.

Failing 5 new signings the defence is inacapable of getting any better as its simply not within them
So you want 4 more seasons of this dire football and outrageous excuses whilst belittling the supporters just because it didn't work out once before? Great plan

Oct 31, 2015
arrythewurzel":1u6j67pi said:

Glad my post started debate.

Arry I have no agenda just fed up with tripe that has been served up. I am in the camp that apart from a purple patch last winter (whuch I believe DA lucked upon) DAs football has always been turgid but he was getting results.

Look I have this club in my heart and would love a big turnaround and will be the first to congragulate the manager if that happened but I will not support his football style, tactics, mad substitutions or perceived arrogance towards the fans.

All my points in the OP are there for all to see and have been for a long time. The 2 things keeping DA at the fore front was his promotion and win ratio. Both long gone.

I also agree the personal abuse he got at the end of the match was wrong

Happy people are debating and I hope those that are unhappy dont get beaten down by the happy clappie green tints. Its all opinions and in my opinion there is lots wrong, not too much right and I am peeved. :)