Time wasting, spoiling, moving the ball etc. | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Time wasting, spoiling, moving the ball etc.

Aug 2, 2011
Biggs":2gix6ap9 said:
Presto, you appear not to have read my post. Specifically the bit where I said ‘NOT all the crap around it like greed, financial inequality and cheating’ that you’ve gone on to list :lol:

The points made in the last two posts are exactly the point. There are so many problems in football, the core rules, timings and sport itself are the last things that need mass rejigging. The rules need enforcing with more discipline, not changing altogether.

Though Voice of Reason, you haven’t had your pulse racing and been left wanting more from football recently? Did you miss the World Cup?
j

You state that rugby is not as good a sport as football. That is an incredibly predjudiced comment. I happen to turn up week in and week out at Argyle but I alao appreciate that there are many people who lobe and prefer many other sports: boxing, hockey, netball, cricket, basketball, rugby league and on and on. Most of whom would regard their chose of sport not as second class to football but just simply different. I fail to understand why people wish to demean alternative sports. I have 60 years of supporting the greens but I appreciate there are others who much prefer alternative sports.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Rugby isn’t as good a sport as football. Anyway, you’re only moving the rugby posts so you don’t have to admit reading my ‘stupid’ post incorrectly ;)

Oct 16, 2016
Rugby is a sport for chino wearing bell ends. It is a throw off of football, most of those that suggest they are passionate about it know foric all about it, I’m a football man and yet I haven’t met a so-called rugby enthusiast who knows more about rugby than myself. Basically they were bullied at school and have taken it out on the lads that are supposedly ‘common’.
Their wives generally hate them but are stuck with them and they always wear the worst clothes

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
... and Presto thought I was being disrespectful :lol:

Shankster":18vyzhrf said:
I’m a football man and yet I haven’t met a so-called rugby enthusiast who knows more about rugby than myself.... their wives generally hate them but are stuck with them and they always wear the worst clothes

I’ve finally figured Shanks out, he’s the love child of Alan Partridge and Donald Trump :thumbup:

Aug 2, 2011
When people resort to that sort of childish drivel you know you have won the argument.

Sep 6, 2006
Presto":2kc9cfwf said:
When people resort to that sort of childish drivel you know you have won the argument.

When Shankster argues the opposite you know you are right because he is ALWAYS wrong. Just look at his post. Sort of thing written by an adolescent.And he usually comes back with a puerile reply.

Sep 6, 2006
Shankster":3tdg1ftq said:
Rugby is a sport for chino wearing bell ends. It is a throw off of football, most of those that suggest they are passionate about it know foric all about it, I’m a football man and yet I haven’t met a so-called rugby enthusiast who knows more about rugby than myself. Basically they were bullied at school and have taken it out on the lads that are supposedly ‘common’.
Their wives generally hate them but are stuck with them and they always wear the worst clothes

But you know more about everything than everybody else anyway.

Sep 6, 2006
Biggs":1re6w1tj said:

Shankster":1re6w1tj said:
I’m a football man and yet I haven’t met a so-called rugby enthusiast who knows more about rugby than myself.... their wives generally hate them but are stuck with them and they always wear the worst clothes

I’ve finally figured Shanks out, he’s the love child of Alan Partridge and Donald Trump :thumbup:

Bit harsh on Partridge.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
The thing is the rules aren't going to change overnight and neither is the standard of refereeing at our level.

We have to get savy, we need to be in the referees ear at all times pointing this stuff out, these refs take so damn long to do anything about it so we need to prompt them. As fans we can boo and shout at the refs from the stands and for the most part we do but we need the players help in it. You need a strong on-field leader to forcefully but respectfully point these tactics out as soon as they begin and keep prompting the ref.

Once isn't enough especially late in the 2nd half when most of the time has already been wasted. We need to wise up.

Oct 16, 2016
Biggs":1nhzguvp said:

Shankster":1nhzguvp said:

A Prump

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Shankster":16tn0503 said:
Biggs":16tn0503 said:

Shankster":16tn0503 said:

A Prump
The best thing to come out of this thread.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Sadly the game is infected. My son is a very gifted young sportsman, who is lucky enough to play County standard at a number of sports, we recently due to the huge amount of driving around and spare time it takes up, had to ask him to choose between Rugby and football. He choose Rugby, one of the contributing factors, was they just allow you to play. He is a goalie (5'8" at 13 helps - full back at rugby) and during a game in October whilst playing for the local team, he got an absolute dressing down at full time for taking a goal kick too quickly (they were winning 2-1 with a few mins to go). It took almost all my will power as a parent not to knock the guy into next week or humiliate him in front of "his team" but if kids of 12/13 are being picked out and criticised for playing the game, then i dont want to know and more sadly, it put him off too. If that means my son ends up with debatable dress sense so be it.
The number of times i've heard coaches to scream "stay down" or "run it into the corner" at the age these kids are, it breaks my heart. Just play the game and enjoy it.
Rugby is completely different at the same age group, the result is almost immaterial, they are told to play with imagination and commitment, only ever at regional level (East Mids) have i seen any attempt at game management to ensure victory. Its about skill development which is what all kids sport should be.

Sadly its entrenched in our game that it will now take a radical overhaul to sort it.

Oct 16, 2016
Rugby, from a participant perspective, is far better for kids than football, the social side is better too.

Rugby simply does not put up with the garbage that football does at that level

Feb 21, 2012
Plymouth
Also,when we hear pundits on MOTD saying things like " There's contact,so he's entitled to go down"clearly to "win"a penalty,which i think is cheating anyway it saddens me.

Sep 6, 2006
rongreenblood":nixxije1 said:
Also,when we hear pundits on MOTD saying things like " There's contact,so he's entitled to go down"clearly to "win"a penalty,which i think is cheating anyway it saddens me.

Exactly. Shearer often says it. Great message to give to kids.