Unsightly waste ground between Mayflower and Devonport End | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Unsightly waste ground between Mayflower and Devonport End

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Someone from the club has told me that a company has paid for a stretch cover, it will be fitted as and when the commercial guys have time to make sure they can do the project justice.

At this time, time is being spent on more financially important matters.

So, nothing we can do and it IS in hand.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Sod what Mr Hallett thinks. We’ve been told by Oldage that we must move on. Meanwhile here is what the area will continue to look like
:tumbleweed: :tumbleweed: :tumbleweed:

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
IJN":21zzgpu6 said:
Someone from the club has told me that a company has paid for a stretch cover, it will be fitted as and when the commercial guys have time to make sure they can do the project justice.

At this time, time is being spent on more financially important matters.

So, nothing we can do and it IS in hand.

Which is great news.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Bobby's garden had a green covering over it today. It looked a lot better.

Keith Hennessey

🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
Lundan Cabbie":1zh38hnc said:
I watched the QPR game on iFollow and to be perfectly honest I didn’t even notice this area as being an eyesore. I don’t think anyone need be embarrassed how it might look on TV because many viewers like myself won’t even notice, let alone have an opinion on how it looks.

When I watch Argyle I tend to focus on the big green thing and the players running around on it.

Jul 12, 2016
khennes_904":1hqwqmy4 said:
Lundan Cabbie":1hqwqmy4 said:
I watched the QPR game on iFollow and to be perfectly honest I didn’t even notice this area as being an eyesore. I don’t think anyone need be embarrassed how it might look on TV because many viewers like myself won’t even notice, let alone have an opinion on how it looks.

When I watch Argyle I tend to focus on the big green thing and the players running around on it.
:clap:

Jul 12, 2016
Devongreenowl":1hn06ud3 said:
Sod what Mr Hallett thinks. We’ve been told by Oldage that we must move on. Meanwhile here is what the area will continue to look like
:tumbleweed: :tumbleweed: :tumbleweed:
Thought the area would remind you of Sheffield.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Shouldn’t you be busy posting your usual negative stuff about Argyle's prospects, now the season is underway Oldage? I see the club decided it was worthwhile to cover the area, regardless of your thoughts.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I agree with Oldage about the waste ground subject but I thought I would see if he had an opinion about Argyle’s performance considering his concern about our defence.

It seems that, during the game, he was more interested in Brexit.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
davie nine":31fwj1dy said:
I agree with Oldage about the waste ground subject but I thought I would see if he had an opinion about Argyle’s performance considering his concern about our defence.

It seems that, during the game, he was more interested in Brexit.

Don't worry, he will get started soon enough. Winner of negative poster of the year award 2019/20!

Jul 14, 2008
I have to say I didn’t even notice it on the coverage yesterday which I guess means that the covering did it’s job! Will have to look out for it during the next home game

Kevin Gollop

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 24, 2003
Plymouth
Herts_Green":jm600wb4 said:
I have to say I didn’t even notice it on the coverage yesterday which I guess means that the covering did it’s job! Will have to look out for it during the next home game

Looks like they had cleared the weeds then covered with some green tarp to hopefully stop them growing back. Looked tidier for sure

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Could the club invite businesses to advertise there at a slightly reduced rate on the understanding that the advertiser will stump up for the installation of the canvas?

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
up_the_line":5eftq9yp said:
Could the club invite businesses to advertise there at a slightly reduced rate on the understanding that the advertiser will stump up for the installation of the canvas?
This has already been proposed with a sponsor lined up and was willing to cover all costs, but it was declined by the club as they have other ideas planned for the area. It will be done drekley. Watch this space or should I say the space. :greensmile: