update on Season Tickets? - July 30, 2021 - 6000+ | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

update on Season Tickets? - July 30, 2021 - 6000+

Will you renew your season ticket?

• Yes

Votes: 118 90.1%
  • No

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 6 4.6%

• Total voters
Jan 12, 2020
demportdave":3nadi6s3 said:
I will be surprised if there are as many ST holders this season.

There is still uncertainty over capacity and how Covid may still be a factor, so some will wait to see how that develops.

I also think there is lingering bad feeling over FCFS with some ST holders. It was something of a PR disaster for Argyle and a massive 'own goal'. They had the chance to do something about it as the Covid rules were changed quite frequently, both at a national and a local level, but they stubbornly refused to.

But mostly, I think it will be the performance of the team and the Manager over most of the second half of the season that will negatively affect ST sales.

We had a pretty good start and a very good run just after Christmas, but for the last 20 or so games we have been woeful. Over the course of the season there has been very little evidence of Lowe or the players 'learning from experience' and we are a worse team now than we were back in August. Lowe's player recruitment and tactics, along with the ability and commitment of some of the players, have been frequently called into question.

I think Lowe's stock has dropped with some of the fan base as we have been repeatedly beaten quite badly both home and away. We have had to endure far too many lack-lustre performances which have been an insult to the loyal fans who stood by the club again in their hour of need.

I shall be renewing my ticket come Monday but I think there may be a number who won't.

Well aren’t you a ray of light!
The curtain is almost down on this up and down season but now is the time to look positively towards August and hope, as fans do every year.

Yes there may be a hit on ST but I don’t think it’ll be too bad.

May 8, 2011
Burnley are only allowing 3,500 fans in for their match in a couple of weeks and only using 3 of the 4 stands, far less than the 25% capacity allowed in the guidance so the implications of social distancing rules is still having quite an impact.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
GreenThing":1q60u5rj said:
Argyle could not change the FCFS midway through the season as they advertised that as a perk to sell tickets. Anyone who bought on the fort day would have been furious if they were not able to go to a match due to a change. Argyle gave the option of a refund on a number of occasions so if you didn’t like the FCFS rule, you could get your money back.
To be labelled as not a true supporter, not a loyal fan?
Will those who buy at 10am on monday still not be furious if they are not in when someone who bought at end of the month are in?
When Argyle originally sold the tickets they were hoping for enough capacity to get everyone in on 1st October.
When the pandemic changed that and the government went to the tier system Argyle could have changed to a rotation basis then to be fair to all. They didn't, but have changed to rotation this year. A sorry we got it wrong would be nice.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
HC Green":20bq2kbt said:
Burnley are only allowing 3,500 fans in for their match in a couple of weeks and only using 3 of the 4 stands, far less than the 25% capacity allowed in the guidance so the implications of social distancing rules is still having quite an impact.

Although they have already sold 10,000 season tickets for next season and climbing so the club and fans seem confident next season will be safe and fine for everyone.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
L G":1qcc4dwy said:
GreenThing":1qcc4dwy said:
Argyle could not change the FCFS midway through the season as they advertised that as a perk to sell tickets. Anyone who bought on the fort day would have been furious if they were not able to go to a match due to a change. Argyle gave the option of a refund on a number of occasions so if you didn’t like the FCFS rule, you could get your money back.
Will those who buy at 10am on monday still not be furious if they are not in when someone who bought at end of the month are in?
When Argyle originally sold the tickets they were hoping for enough capacity to get everyone in on 1st October.
When the pandemic changed that and the government went to the tier system Argyle could have changed to a rotation basis then to be fair to all. They didn't, but have changed to rotation this year. A sorry we got it wrong would be nice.

Yes, they got it wrong, but to change the terms after the tickets were sold was not an option. Once they had advertised FCFS, they had to stick with it.

Jul 12, 2016
Just a quick note to say I contacted Argyle yesterday enquiring about a ST related matter.Nicki answered my questions promptly and credit where due the service was superb.Well done!

Dec 3, 2005
GreenThing":3hvgye6w said:
L G":3hvgye6w said:
GreenThing":3hvgye6w said:

Yes, they got it wrong, but to change the terms after the tickets were sold was not an option. Once they had advertised FCFS, they had to stick with it.

That depends on how you look at it.
FCFS fine yes, but they were served first for the first game that was available to fans to attend.

Mar 14, 2009
I have to say the 20% gesture off my season ticket is a fantastic gesture from the club. At £313 l think that is a fantastic price, especially when we seeing lots of things rising in this pandemic era.

Well done Argyle :scarf:

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
oldage":1dde2fwj said:
Just a quick note to say I contacted Argyle yesterday enquiring about a ST related matter.Nicki answered my questions promptly and credit where due the service was superb.Well done!
To be fair, the ticket staff have always been very good, whether it's in person or on the phone.

May 16, 2016
Does anybody know what the concourse development work is that's created the need to move the family zone to block 6 ? I've looked but can't find out what is going on there.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
Perhaps it is just a contingency thing in case the away team still have to use that area under the Barn Park as a changing area.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
I envisaged problems renewing mine as it's the first season going from an adult to an O65. No such problem as this had been taken into account in my renewal notification. Add to the fact the loyalty discount was sat in my account made it a seamless two minute transaction. Well done Argyle.

Feb 18, 2006
Tewkesbury
The only issue I can see at the moment is that my discount is sat in my account and my lads is sat in his account. It looks like the only way to claim both discounts is to purchase them separately. Anyone know if you can pull in the other discount and buy together?

I will email the club at a later date but won’t be renewing until payday on the 21st