What a thoroughly horrible club. | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

What a thoroughly horrible club.

Oct 14, 2015
Deacster":yjo0avr9 said:
rsp4":yjo0avr9 said:
Cobi Budge":yjo0avr9 said:
Derek Adams leaving the pitch waving to their fans was absolutely brilliant

This made my day. Vyner did the same. I was weeing myself with laughter. I like Rovers as a club but some of their fans didnt show them in a good light. We all have idiots and theirs today showed their colours
Adam waving at them was a bit odd, is there history there? Not sure what promoted them. That said all's fair in love and war, Harrison celebrating in front of the Lyndy was idiotic and rather like Lyle Taylor, it turned out to only be a consolation so nice one chum!!

I agree Harrison was a fool to do that but Zac did it to the BRFC fans after Ness made it 1-1 so we can't really complain when an opposing player does it as well can we??

Feb 2, 2007
Welwyn Pilgrim":277udubw said:
Deacster":277udubw said:
rsp4":277udubw said:
Cobi Budge":277udubw said:

This made my day. Vyner did the same. I was weeing myself with laughter. I like Rovers as a club but some of their fans didnt show them in a good light. We all have idiots and theirs today showed their colours
Adam waving at them was a bit odd, is there history there? Not sure what promoted them. That said all's fair in love and war, Harrison celebrating in front of the Lyndy was idiotic and rather like Lyle Taylor, it turned out to only be a consolation so nice one chum!!

I agree Harrison was a fool to do that but Zac did it to the BRFC fans after Ness made it 1-1 so we can't really complain when an opposing player does it as well can we??

Harrison knows we want him. I imagine Derek was smarting about our defeat up there which was the nadir of our disasterous run. Especially Millers red. Just a low and the goading would have stuck with him.

ihe

Nov 12, 2011
plympton ,plymouth
nothing really happened ,we were in block 17 ,it was all huff and puff ,if they really wanted to get at each other ,they could have gone over the small fence on to the track,all bleedy nonsense that gets blown out of proportion.

Sep 6, 2006
Sidewinder":wcf3kp2h said:
Balham_Green":wcf3kp2h said:
lipsonlad67":wcf3kp2h said:
Steve Evans":wcf3kp2h said:
i disagree that they are a horrible club.their yobs are but not the real supporters.it was awful to watch those slobs fighting.

Agree with this. I dislike them more than anyone else in the division, seen too much lame brain behaviour from their 'finest' over the years. However, that perspective was challenged at their place earlier in the season, walking to and from the ground came across a lovely couple, Rovers through and through and real football people, good chat and banter, as good as any supporters in the land.

Not a horrible club with people like that following them. Still don't like them though...

Just to clarify. You met ONE couple and your views changed? So before that you thought ALL their fans were thugs?

I've tried hard not to gain the belief that all people who live in Balham spend their lives trawling internet message boards, looking for reasons to be vile and righteous. Anyway, we won 3-2 today - a reason for a happy Saturday evening full of goodwill toward your fellow man?!

So whats vile about the post? I was asking a question trying to understand the logic and you have been offensive. Then you talk about goodwill. You are obviously confused.

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
Welwyn Pilgrim":vexdzelk said:
Deacster":vexdzelk said:
rsp4":vexdzelk said:
Cobi Budge":vexdzelk said:

From what I have seen written elsewhere I think the Adams waving at them thing might stem from one of their players Nichols(used to play for the 12 fingers) waving at Argyle fans at the game up theirs earlier in the season. Seems the most plausible reason to me.

Nov 3, 2006
Balham_Green":1stsw1ss said:
Sidewinder":1stsw1ss said:
Balham_Green":1stsw1ss said:
lipsonlad67":1stsw1ss said:
Steve Evans":1stsw1ss said:
i disagree that they are a horrible club.their yobs are but not the real supporters.it was awful to watch those slobs fighting.

Agree with this. I dislike them more than anyone else in the division, seen too much lame brain behaviour from their 'finest' over the years. However, that perspective was challenged at their place earlier in the season, walking to and from the ground came across a lovely couple, Rovers through and through and real football people, good chat and banter, as good as any supporters in the land.

Not a horrible club with people like that following them. Still don't like them though...

Just to clarify. You met ONE couple and your views changed? So before that you thought ALL their fans were thugs?

I've tried hard not to gain the belief that all people who live in Balham spend their lives trawling internet message boards, looking for reasons to be vile and righteous. Anyway, we won 3-2 today - a reason for a happy Saturday evening full of goodwill toward your fellow man?!

So whats vile about the post? I was asking a question trying to understand the logic and you have been offensive. Then you talk about goodwill. You are obviously confused.

Agree. Vile is the wrong word.

May 29, 2011
Bristol
Paul H":2qe5t5o9 said:
Balham_Green":2qe5t5o9 said:
Sidewinder":2qe5t5o9 said:
Balham_Green":2qe5t5o9 said:
lipsonlad67":2qe5t5o9 said:
Steve Evans":2qe5t5o9 said:

Agree. Vile is the wrong word.

Ok, maybe a bit strong, I apologise to Balham Green. Perhaps ‘unnecessarily provocative and confrontational’ would be better. I just get frustrated that most of your posts seem aggressive and make Pasoti a less pleasant place to be but I recognise that my reaction wasn’t much better.

ping g5

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 20, 2005
Argyle-sy":m8txzs9i said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":m8txzs9i said:
Deacster":m8txzs9i said:
rsp4":m8txzs9i said:
Cobi Budge":m8txzs9i said:

From what I have seen written elsewhere I think the Adams waving at them thing might stem from one of their players Nichols(used to play for the 12 fingers) waving at Argyle fans at the game up theirs earlier in the season. Seems the most plausible reason to me.

Bloke behind me reckoned that at the away game, the Rovers fans were giving Adams the 'Sacked in the morning' chant. I think the wave was 'I'm still here and oh, by the way, we're above you in the league..'

H

handbags blake

I do think that the trouble was mostly handbags,if these people wanted to fight they could have easily got to each other. I do wonder why if this is such a high category game we have a line of stewards segregating the fans and not a line of police. The police should be doing more and not standing back watching,they only seemed to get involved when the stewards have already apprehendsd someone. I personally believe that if a steward was to grab me I would be much more likely to remonstrate with them than the police. Some of these stewards have got criminal records for violence etc and I feel that the stewards job should be handling problems such as greeting the fans and assisting where necessary,not arresting people when there are so many police there that should be doing that job. Of course there is not always the police presence at most games where the stewards may need to be more hands on but at these games there is usually less trouble.

Barrie Davis

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Oct 26, 2005
Torbay
handbags blake":2dr1pyou said:
I do think that the trouble was mostly handbags,if these people wanted to fight they could have easily got to each other. I do wonder why if this is such a high category game we have a line of stewards segregating the fans and not a line of police. The police should be doing more and not standing back watching,they only seemed to get involved when the stewards have already apprehendsd someone. I personally believe that if a steward was to grab me I would be much more likely to remonstrate with them than the police. Some of these stewards have got criminal records for violence etc and I feel that the stewards job should be handling problems such as greeting the fans and assisting where necessary,not arresting people when there are so many police there that should be doing that job. Of course there is not always the police presence at most games where the stewards may need to be more hands on but at these games there is usually less trouble.

How do you know?

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
I was born almost literally across the road from Eastville stadium (now a bleedin' IKEA, I see), so I've always had a bit of a soft spot for Rovers!

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
MickyD":2cnmmbbx said:
I was born almost literally across the road from Eastville stadium (now a bleedin' IKEA, I see), so I've always had a bit of a soft spot for Rovers!

Me too, it`s known as Fox Tor Mire. :twisted:

Jul 29, 2010
Martyn":izp1nc04 said:
Must ave counted about 20 police vans , plus about 5 police dogs vans behind the Lyndhurst after the match, unbelievable player lice presence
Best fumigate the changing rooms then :shock:

Silly comment even without the typo. Of course there was a big police presence, this was all too entirely predictable.

We have long known that rival firms 'team up' for big games. The knuckledraggers were probably an amalgamation of a number of clubs 'faces' meeting up for a bit of action at a big game. Had D&C *NOT* been there in numbers there would be howls of accusation about the lack of police being there.

Same thread, same finger pointers, different game... still wrong :roll:

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
ping_g5":20knw8af said:
Argyle-sy":20knw8af said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":20knw8af said:
Deacster":20knw8af said:
rsp4":20knw8af said:
Cobi Budge":20knw8af said:

Bloke behind me reckoned that at the away game, the Rovers fans were giving Adams the 'Sacked in the morning' chant. I think the wave was 'I'm still here and oh, by the way, we're above you in the league..'

Quite possibly mate. Always been a lot of needle in matches between us and Rivers so I think this just adds another dimension to it. I have a soft spot for Rivers(some here know why) but I have been disappointed in some of the stuff I see written about them for quite a while now. If it was "getting sacked in the morning" chants then I don't think Argyle, or Derek could have responded in any better way. Makes me proud to be a pilgrim