What a thoroughly horrible club. | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

What a thoroughly horrible club.

Sep 6, 2006
Presto":fmjq7hz9 said:
Bristol Rovers are no worse a club than any other. We have a fair share of total tw--ts. It is a sad reflection of football that it seems to encourage the following of the knuckle draggers.

Why I do not know but it is an unfortunate fact. I cannot think of another sport which has the same problems. It makes me very sad that as a 73 year old who has been a HP attendee since 1958 that my game is still infected by total tw-ts who think that supporters of other clubs are fit for totally unnecessary abuse.

I love football but it really has got some issues - some overpaid, retired footballer spits at a member of the community and the exscuse - I did not realise it was a young girl. So he thought it was fine to spit at anyone else - no wonder football has a problem.

I'd say it's a sad reflection of society as much as football

Jan 6, 2004
Balham_Green":1zj3l0v8 said:
Presto":1zj3l0v8 said:
Bristol Rovers are no worse a club than any other. We have a fair share of total tw--ts. It is a sad reflection of football that it seems to encourage the following of the knuckle draggers.

Why I do not know but it is an unfortunate fact. I cannot think of another sport which has the same problems. It makes me very sad that as a 73 year old who has been a HP attendee since 1958 that my game is still infected by total tw-ts who think that supporters of other clubs are fit for totally unnecessary abuse.

I love football but it really has got some issues - some overpaid, retired footballer spits at a member of the community and the exscuse - I did not realise it was a young girl. So he thought it was fine to spit at anyone else - no wonder football has a problem.

No it isn’t - behaviour deemed acceptable at football is not acceptable elsewhere not in other sports or anywhere else - this is not “society’s” problem it is football’s

Sep 6, 2006
Green_Flash":1giy6mkg said:
Balham_Green":1giy6mkg said:
Presto":1giy6mkg said:

No it isn’t - behaviour deemed acceptable at football is not acceptable elsewhere not in other sports or anywhere else - this is not “society’s” problem it is football’s

Who on earth said it was acceptable at football.? Those morons are a product of our society not football. You think they are all pleasant chaps outside of football?

Sep 28, 2003
London
Presto":3v4jr40c said:

On the other hand, some silly chav driving down the motorway having a pop at Jamie Carragher, filming on his phone instead of concentrating on the motorway whilst his embarrassed daughter is in the back asking him to stop. Many, many ways to spin that one - certainly not excusing Carragher's actions which were incredibly dumb, but that Dad should be charged with dangerous driving.

I'm afraid we at Argyle have more than our fair share of idiots who attach themselves to big games and embarrass us. Portsmouth away this year, getting an Argyle friendly pub shut down, that's the tip of the iceberg.

It's up to anyone who sees and can identify these idiots to report them to people who can do something about it, and hope there's a will to get something done. However, a lot of the time clubs don't seem to want to know - at Luton last year there were a load of lowlifes in the Argyle end shouting racist abuse, when I told the stewards they weren't interested and I got a mouthful of threats and abuse from the people I was complaining about in return. After dialogue with Luton's CEO where I identified the culprits on CCTV that he'd sent me, it went no further - incredibly frustrating.

Aug 2, 2011
I do not condone the actions of the prat who was driving the car and winding up Carragher. But spitting is disgusting and Carragher said " I knew it was a female passenger but did not realise it was agirl of the age of my daughter". Sorry he is totally out of order and has no place representing what should be the acceptable face of football. As for the prat winding him up then he too should be prosecuted for use pf a mobile phone while driving.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Green_Flash":1qhv1dj3 said:
Balham_Green":1qhv1dj3 said:
Presto":1qhv1dj3 said:

I take it you have been to clubland in any major city/town in the UK?

Jan 6, 2004
Clubland? That is a concept at least ten years out of date I think. Clubs are dying out.

But anyway the reason I say this is footballs problem is that while most condemn violence, the aggressive behaviour, the taunting, the general twattery is tolerated by clubs, stewards and most fans. In no other arena is it sociably acceptable to shout abuse at other people, at football very very large numbers do it. Make no mistake this is footballs problem not society’s.

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
Andy Holland":3nnhmx05 said:
Presto":3nnhmx05 said:

On the other hand, some silly chav driving down the motorway having a pop at Jamie Carragher, filming on his phone instead of concentrating on the motorway whilst his embarrassed daughter is in the back asking him to stop. Many, many ways to spin that one - certainly not excusing Carragher's actions which were incredibly dumb, but that Dad should be charged with dangerous driving.

I'm afraid we at Argyle have more than our fair share of idiots who attach themselves to big games and embarrass us. Portsmouth away this year, getting an Argyle friendly pub shut down, that's the tip of the iceberg.

It's up to anyone who sees and can identify these idiots to report them to people who can do something about it, and hope there's a will to get something done. However, a lot of the time clubs don't seem to want to know - at Luton last year there were a load of lowlifes in the Argyle end shouting racist abuse, when I told the stewards they weren't interested and I got a mouthful of threats and abuse from the people I was complaining about in return. After dialogue with Luton's CEO where I identified the culprits on CCTV that he'd sent me, it went no further - incredibly frustrating.

Sad indictment if you reported it and no action was taken Andy, as I believe it is one of the offences that could lead to a criminal conviction and ban if you are guilty of racial abuse and chanting. Think it has happened a few times when we have played at Luton, and sadly I think that comes as a result of some Argyle "fans" also being aligned to shall we say not so pleasant groups.

Agree on the Carragher thing as well, as much as what Carragher did was disgusting the guy abusing him was clearly commuting a criminal offence and clearly not paying attention to the road. Would be stunned if he also doesn't face a punishment of some kind given all we see being said about people driving whilst using mobile phones.

Sep 6, 2006
Green_Flash":28fj522y said:
Clubland? That is a concept at least ten years out of date I think. Clubs are dying out.

But anyway the reason I say this is footballs problem is that while most condemn violence, the aggressive behaviour, the taunting, the general twittery is tolerated by clubs, stewards and most fans. In no other arena is it sociably acceptable to shout abuse at other people, at football very very large numbers do it. Make no mistake this is footballs problem not society’s.

Again you are wrong. It is not acceptable at football and "very very large numbers' don't do it. There is plenty of aggression on most High Streets every Friday and Saturday night.

Jan 6, 2004
Watch the videos of the crowd at the match there are 100s on each side more interested in taunting the opposition than supporting their team. If it is society’s problem why do no other sporting events have this issue? The very fact we have to segregate fans in the first place and we all treat this as normal and inevitable speaks volumes about football culture

B

Bonehead

Balham_Green":3htza9tk said:
Green_Flash":3htza9tk said:

But anyway the reason I say this is footballs problem is that while most condemn violence, the aggressive behaviour, the taunting, the general twittery is tolerated by clubs, stewards and most fans. In no other arena is it sociably acceptable to shout abuse at other people, at football very very large numbers do it. Make no mistake this is footballs problem not society’s.

Again you are wrong. It is not acceptable at football and "very very large numbers' don't do it. There is plenty of aggression on most High Streets every Friday and Saturday night.

Balham Green ...the ultimate Pasoti keyboard warrior...founder member of the self righteous brigade

Sep 6, 2006
plymouth1970":1qtjenu5 said:
Balham_Green":1qtjenu5 said:
Green_Flash":1qtjenu5 said:

Balham Green ...the ultimate Pasoti keyboard warrior...founder member of the self righteous brigade

So what part of the post do you have a problem with or not understand?

Sep 6, 2006
Green_Flash":s9tbx6cz said:
Watch the videos of the crowd at the match there are 100s on each side more interested in taunting the opposition than supporting their team. If it is society’s problem why do no other sporting events have this issue? The very fact we have to segregate fans in the first place and we all treat this as normal and inevitable speaks volumes about football culture

No other sport is so popular and gets such large numbers. Very small minority involved as in society. As said these f.wits are a product of society not football.

Jan 6, 2004
What have large numbers got to do with it? It is to do with culture not numbers 80k attend rugby internationals have a few drinks mingle and enjoy friendly banter without a hint of trouble. People say that is because rugby is middle class - not true Twickenham may be but the millennium stadium certainly isn’t and nor is any rugby league club