While Plymouth sleeps... | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

While Plymouth sleeps...

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
We haven’t just been asleep have we? We’ve slowly come out of a coma. Rehabilitation is almost up so let’s see what happens in the next 3 years remembering we aren’t bankrolled by mega rich owners.

Screen Corner

🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰
Dec 11, 2016
Balham, London.
Chaps,

Your comments are referring to how we are currently not the same size clubs as ones referred to on this thread. Well, you have missed the point.

I am highlighting that we should be the same size as these clubs but our board/majority of fans do not allow, or even give a hope in hell of achieving that due to there actions and mindset.

Also, lets keep.this to a healthy debate, try refrain from the backhanded insults.

Zoo

Oct 31, 2015
Zoo Corner":2l4ncqkp said:
'The current board that are currently doing something about it'....

Building a stadium smaller than what we used to have...

Invested £0 in squad...

Okay then Biggs....

So put your money in then. Current and last board are doing ok. Sugar daddy needed to move on unfortunately

Oh and a manager who can get the best out of the players (just thought I would throw that in :) )

Feb 2, 2005
Cornwall
Zoo Corner":3rycd7mc said:
Chaps,

Your comments are referring to how we are currently not the same size clubs as ones referred to on this thread. Well, you have missed the point.

I am highlighting that we should be the same size as these clubs but our board/majority of fans do not allow, or even give a hope in hell of achieving that due to there actions and mindset.

Because this board hasnt been in post that long. In that time youve only got to look across the pitch to see the difference already being made.

You cant level it at the board before neither who picked up a club that was on its arse and nursed it out of intensive care.

Could Argyle be a larger force in football? Yes, possibly. Should they? Debateable right now.

Right now though the board arent going to bankroll the club towards any success. The club will be wiping its face and not signing cheques that it knows it cant cash which has happened in the past.

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

Ambition is fantastic. However, no one ever got paid in ambition.

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
Zoo Corner":3jg0si8l said:
Watford, Wolves, Swansea, Millwall, Brighton...

All competing to get into the FA Cup Semi final today/tomorrow, while all being premier league/ championship. We can be a bigger club than all off these, yet we are happy with the board building a 18,500 seater stadium. Here's to our mediocracy for another 50 years :stout: :stout: :stout:

Have you got some money to invest?

And your comment about Wolves is way off. Massive club, arguably the greatest club in England in the 50's! And Woverhampton is a city!

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Zoo Corner":1msmuuin said:

Doesn’t make any sense. Why do you think a population number should translate directly into football success? And how are the current board that are overseeing a complete overhaul of the club LESS ambitious than the ones over the last 50 years that haven’t done anything (horseshoe aside)?

Argyle have underachieved, but it’s from 75+ years of bad luck, location, neglect, bad decisions, lack of money in the area etc etc etc.

Aug 8, 2014
The plan of the current board surely is relatively straightforward.

Finnish phase 1 do a good job commercially and continue the great work in the community.

Put all the faith in Adams and trust him in the progress on the pitch.

Hope we have a good run towards the top end of our current division then SELL to someone able to bankroll and recognize our huge catchment area.

This sounds quite cynical but I'm sure it's the only intention and ambition of the current board, I'm not being critical as I'd do the same in the circumstances.

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
This isn't about size....reminder...Fleetwood (26,000 pop)...2-0...Argyle.

It is possible that next season we could be playing Forest Green Rovers (hamlet ?).

Bournemouth on the other hand....team first, stadium later....and of course a manager in a million.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Princerock":1280a3qb said:
This isn't about size....reminder...Fleetwood (26,000 pop)...2-0...Argyle.

It is possible that next season we could be playing Forest Green Rovers (hamlet ?).

Bournemouth on the other hand....team first, stadium later....and of course a manager in a million.

...and a minted russian benefactor to help move things along. :D

Jul 4, 2008
newton abbot
Talked about this the other day. Argyle, with its catchment area and positive developments, should be an ideal prospect for a wealthy prospector!

May 16, 2016
999mattyg":3q802oir said:
Zoo Corner":3q802oir said:
Watford, Wolves, Swansea, Millwall, Brighton...

All competing to get into the FA Cup Semi final today/tomorrow, while all being premier league/ championship. We can be a bigger club than all off these, yet we are happy with the board building a 18,500 seater stadium. Here's to our mediocracy for another 50 years :stout: :stout: :stout:

Have you got some money to invest?

And your comment about Wolves is way off. Massive club, arguably the greatest club in England in the 50's! And Woverhampton is a city!

Wolves, I read, were losing £1M a week in their pursuit of ambition. Had they not made it to the Premier, I'm sure the money would have continued to roll in............

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Zoo Corner":12kpvcka said:
Ross,

Swansea competed today and took Man money city to the bring, count that one back in, son.

Watford have had many battles with Argyle over the years, put that one to bed.

Wolves is a small town in the midlands, we are Britains oceans city with a population the size of Cardiff/Newcastle.

Underachieving/potential for decades etc...… blah bla blah. That's because of small minded owners/fans not recognising potential and possibility. I think this mindset is a westcountry 'thing'. Please do not conform.

How about investing your own millions/billions then, sounds like a typical all mouth and no trousers post to me.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
plymade":1i3mw1ss said:
Talked about this the other day. Argyle, with its catchment area and positive developments, should be an ideal prospect for a wealthy prospector!

On the other hand, that wealthy prospector might undertake a local consultation with Plymouth residents through THe Herald, identify there is a lack of attending supporters relative to the size of the city and move on to perhaps a more profitable project? It is not as easy as you think to buy a professional club and automatically make money.

Nov 9, 2008
Remember that we once were at that level for a decent length period just ten years ago. We got there by working within our means and could have possibly pushed on if not for Holloway knowing that we were about to lose several key players in January and seeing greater opportunity elsewhere. When we tried to extend our ambitions (World Cup bid, Japanese investment etc) we ended up nearly going out of the football league as a result.

We're a fairly small club in a fairly big city because there isn't any money. We've never even been in the top division. We don't pull in huge crowds. We struggle to attract or retain top quality players for all of these reasons or more.

Right now, we are where we deserve to be. We're a Championship/League One club with potential if there's significant investment, as you could say about at least twenty clubs in the country.