Brief Synopsis | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis

May 3, 2016
Let's hope money can be put into the transfer market in January to strengthen the team for a promotion push, or there will be nobody left to fill the New - sorry refurbished stand, ground empty today and probably 7,000 max for next weeks crucial game, Doncaster will be a good test of how good / bad we have become. :crazy:
I agree with the previous post, we are an average fourth division team, we think we are better than we are, get real after watching that rubbish today has convinced me we are just about average - wake up and smell the coffee.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
It's becoming clear that we've riding the purple patch of good fortune for the first 3rd of the season and now we've seen the lowest ebb of performances.

Get something in the middle of then and now and we've got a 10-12th place team.

January needs financing. Carey to leave, Goodwillie to be part exchanged for some second hand sprinkler heads and we go and get another striker, winger and RB.

I'd also drop Luke

Worried after watching that. No creativity. The amount of time we give the ball away is criminal. Our play is great until we get to the box and then we don't have a clue.

Also, how did Smith miss from a yard out?!

Sep 23, 2014
plymouth
Newport bottom of the league, down to ten men, their keepers first save on 90 minutes, Carey too good for this league ! Adams a tactical genius ! Please !!! :facepalm: :sigh: :thumbdown: :banghead:

Apr 1, 2009
I'm surprised Miller gets off so lightly on these threads - I think he contributes significantly to our woes. Poor in defence, he offers absolutely zilch in attack. He just looks immobile and lacking in ability. An upgrade would add greatly to the team. Can he join Goodwillie on the journey north in January please?

I just don't see what he offers at all.

May 30, 2008
Camberley, Surrey
The similarities to last season are just uncanny, to the very minute.

Injuries are an issue, but every team has issues with injuries, thats why you have a squad. If anything taught us that its last year

We have literally lost complete confidence and belief in the space of three weeks, and cant see what is going to change to restore it, especially after the dejavu of last season which will only be a hinderance

We are 7 points clear od fourth with Doncaster to play at home. This can easily become 4, and then its anyones

So predictable

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
as a previous post has written.that was the worst game since the grim days of sheridan.i feel sorry for goodwillie who is clearly lacking confidence.i think he would admit he didn't play well but look at dereks tactics.enormous centre back for newport and midget centre forward for argyle.i gave man of the match to jake who slogged all match long and i think songo'o and oscar were also very good with tanner,fox and smith doing their best.as well as goodwillie having a poor match i think luke,gary miller and sonny were off colour.i saw fletcher play in the youth cup against gillingham and he is quality and played really well when he came on.
i think derek needs to look at himself and question "what could i have done to win this match"?he must shoulder his share of the blame here for not beating an abysmal opponent.my ratings;
McCormick 4, Miller 2, Songo'o 8, Bradley 4, Threlkeld 8, Fox 6, Smith 6, Carey 6, Jervis 9, Tanner 7, Goodwillie 2. Subs - Rooney 4, Donaldson 5, Fletcher 7.

Jan 29, 2010
plymouth
We have a bigger squad but we have less quality than last year . We have no proven strikers in the squad and the strikers we have are proven to be utterly useless. The blame must rest with the manager who signed these useless players . Hopefully he has at least three proper strikers ready to sign on the first day of the transfer window or else be man enough to admit failure and resign .

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Biggs":2k2uji5a said:
Hoovermelon, you do know we're seven points clear in an automatic promotion place, right?
We were 7 points clear at the top just 2 weeks ago, you do know that don't you?

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Remember you can`t win promotion in the first third of the season but conversely you can`t lose it either. I`ll keep my counsel until after the January transfer window.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
hoovermelon":3f77zae2 said:

Injuries are an issue, but every team has issues with injuries, thats why you have a squad. If anything taught us that its last year

We have literally lost complete confidence and belief in the space of three weeks, and cant see what is going to change to restore it, especially after the dejavu of last season which will only be a hinderance

We are 7 points clear od fourth with Doncaster to play at home. This can easily become 4, and then its anyones

So predictable
Here we go again!!!

I thought that we hadn't heard from you until recently. Sure enough, you were on after the Morecambe defeat and you are back today.
The previous time that you posted was on June 22nd.
Did you have nothing at all to contribute whilst we were compiling a 14 match unbeaten result sequence and 7 away wins on the trot?
We are all concerned about the last 4 results and, certainly, today's performance, in particular, deserves criticism but I have more respect for those posters who are prepared to acknowledge the good performances as well as criticising the bad.

May 30, 2008
Camberley, Surrey
davie nine":1xmf7pw4 said:
hoovermelon":1xmf7pw4 said:

So predictable
Here we go again!!!

I thought that we hadn't heard from you until recently. Sure enough, you were on after the Morecambe defeat and you are back today.
The previous time that you posted was on June 22nd.
Did you have nothing at all to contribute whilst we were compiling a 14 match unbeaten result sequence and 7 away wins on the trot?
We are all concerned about the last 4 results and, certainly, today's performance, in particular, deserves criticism but I have more respect for those posters who are prepared to acknowledge the good performances as well as criticising the bad.

will post as and when i want thanks. Couldnt really give a monkeys what respect i get from you, as i have equally less respect for your opinion. pretend everything is fine all you like, it wont change a thing, and deep down you know as much as i do trhey clearly are nowhere near good enough, as they werent last year

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
IJN":3ggbrn6k said:
Didn't enjoy that one bit, our team seems to have lost our mojo again.

Is Jimmy Spencer the key? I certainly hope not.
he is one of the best players at the club in my opinion and one of the "keys".we also miss ryan brunt as a target man.that was awful today and i think derek must address his stubborness.

Jul 6, 2009
We have massive problems and although we are in the top three in the league, we rode our luck at times on that good run but injuries are now killing us. We are falling back into the pack at an alarming rate. The goalkeeper looks poor, the right back can't defend or attack, we have no left back as Threlkeld must play centre midfield. Osborne must be thinking he is never going to get a game, Tanner Carey and Jervis are all playing poorly and as for Goodwillie, I don't think I have seen a player decline so rapidly. Everyone can see we need Songo'o in midfield not defence.

On the plus side, Bradley is good, Purrington will be back soon and Garita is a player. However for those of you who think the January transfer window will save us, would you trust your money with a manager who brought in Miller, Donaldson, Goodwillie, Slew, Smith and Ijaha? Surely 3 good players would have been better than six poor ones.