Brief Synopsis | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
🎫 ST Donor 🎫
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Well, we can be sure of one thing...

Skynet REALLY doesn't like Goodwillie.

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
Steve Wooldridge":zd19w3rr said:
Well we are improving from last 3 games, we managed to draw and no goals conceded, what more do some of you want ?

Seriously?!?!

Are you nuts?

This is relegation level football, sticking your head up your Arse is not what's required to get them back on track.

This is NOT the time for green tints.

Tynan One Nil

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 23, 2013
Smith has been as equally ineffective as Goodwillie for many weeks notwithstanding his Pompey finish IMHO. Oscar is a breathe of fresh air but too many passengers at present = slide.

Feb 15, 2005
Cobi you say Goodwillie is being made the scapegoat but you are over egging his worth and certainly his skill level. I blame the manager for picking him when he doesn't seem interested, pulls out of challenges and hardly breaks a sweat. This team is now struggling and we need 11 players on the pitch giving 100% and cannot afford to carry a player who shows little stomach for the fight.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Not sure I'm over-egging, if at all. What I'm simply saying is that what we've seen so far isn't enough to judge him on, now if we were judging him solely as a target man, then yes I'd say he's dreadful, but he isn't a target man, and until he get's a run in a position that suits him - with some good service - judgement should be withheld. I also just feel he should be given a little more support from the stands, getting on his back every time the ball goes near him surely isn't helping.

Dec 3, 2005
Playing whoever upfront on his own for a home match and that player being only 5ft 7in and just pumping high balls up to him, when he is marked by two 6ft players, is a ridiculous tactic, and one that is obvious to many watching - except the one person who can change the tactics, the Manager.

3 home games now - we have not scored - we only had FOUR shots on target against Newport!!

The tactics are not working, why is it obvious to most of the supporters and not to the Manager??

May 1, 2011
Cobi Budge":3nenq5x9 said:
Not sure I'm over-egging, if at all. What I'm simply saying is that what we've seen so far isn't enough to judge him on, now if we were judging him solely as a target man, then yes I'd say he's dreadful, but he isn't a target man, and until he get's a run in a position that suits him - with some good service - judgement should be withheld. I also just feel he should be given a little more support from the stands, getting on his back every time the ball goes near him surely isn't helping.

TBF he has been very poor, but he is being played in a position alien to him that he has never played in his career.

May 1, 2011
Steve Wooldridge":29jir5zb said:
Well we are improving from last 3 games, we managed to draw and no goals conceded, what more do some of you want ?

What more do you want? I went to a restaurant, the food was crap, the service was crap but I didn't die of poison. What more do you want?

Mar 14, 2009
It's really hard to describe sometimes what Argyle are missing.

I think we are badly missing a focal point of the team.

Yet in the (middleish part of the) 2nd half Carey was out wide on the left touchline. Most of the crossing was pathetic all afternoon. Except this one ball where he bent it around the full backs and centre halves and caused panic.

Simply. That is what Argyle miss at home. People talk about Wylde coming back. His crossing isn't simply good enough and would be a backwards step because it wouldn't help the home form. Yet someone in his mound who has pace and hugs the touchline would two of the attributes we need.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I am concerned about the effect that Miller has on our attacking options. He frequently receives the ball, in space, in an advanced position but does not have the confidence or skill to progress. I often think back to last season when Mellor received the ball in similar positions. He had the pace and skill to take the ball down the line or inside, beat his man and get in a cross. Unfortunately, Miller does not have that ability. Admittedly, Mellor made too many mistakes in defence and Miller is more reliable in that part of his game.

Hopefully, Purrington will be available again soon and I would like to see Threlkeld, who is now fit and playing well, move across to the right.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Cobi Budge":2nems6qm said:

We saw a glimpse of this against Cheltenham at home when Garira came on and suddenly he was in a pair. He looked a different player. He's absolutely not a bloke to play on his own. He needs to play off a ball winner

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Bristol Rich":11c50yx5 said:
Steve Wooldridge":11c50yx5 said:

What more do you want? I went to a restaurant, the food was crap, the service was crap but I didn't die of poison. What more do you want?

That doesn't make any sense.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
davie nine":3pqtx5oa said:
I am concerned about the effect that Miller has on our attacking options. He frequently receives the ball, in space, in an advanced position but does not have the confidence or skill to progress. I often think back to last season when Mellor received the ball in similar positions. He had the pace and skill to take the ball down the line or inside, beat his man and get in a cross. Unfortunately, Miller does not have that ability. Admittedly, Mellor made too many mistakes in defence and Miller is more reliable in that part of his game.

Hopefully, Purrington will be available again soon and I would like to see Threlkeld, who is now fit and playing well, move across to the right.

You've made this point a couple of times and I have to agree. Rarely have I seen a full-back so reluctant to overlap, let alone get to the bye-line. I'm in Block 8 and can't remember what he looks like.

May 28, 2015
Cobi Budge":2gxt0zb0 said:
Far too many unfair comments about Goodwillie IMO, some seem to have found their new scapegoat. I really don't know how people can come to such iron clad judgements about a player who has, more often than not, been up top by himself receiving very poor service. I'm a big fan of Louis Rooney & I'd probably like to see him get more game time, but today, when Goodwillie misplaced a pass or got tackled, fans were giving him stick, when Rooney did exactly the same, he was applauded. Also, I really don't think cheering the substitution of a player who is perhaps already low on confidence is helping. Keep your head up DG, some of us fans do want you to succeed at Home Park!

This is exactly the point. The crowd booing and baiting their own players is sickening. It creates a bad atmosphere and God knows what it does to a players confidence. The team is low on confidence and it is totally counter-productive. How on earth a newbie would come to a game, hear all this and then bother to attend again?

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Bristol Rich":3uxl0f4p said:
Steve Wooldridge":3uxl0f4p said:

Er, what you on about?