Crawley tickets/travel/pubs | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Crawley tickets/travel/pubs

Dec 20, 2011
Hope I'm not being whooosed here... But IT IS NOT PAY ON THE DAY!!!

The only way to MAYBE to get tickets would be to contact Plymouth/Crawley Town ticket offices AFTER the Thursday deadline to see if we have any tickets left over ... Crawley may have some in reserve to buy over the phone and collect from their ticket booth before 1 pm on Saturday.
I'm sure Crawley would welcome as many GA as possible, but I'm sure they just don't have or need the staff on turnstiles to take cash on match day in this era of e-ticketing..

You might also be lucky enough to find someone selling a spare before the game of course - although it's a long way to travel with just that to cling onto. Add to that the fact that the GA are likely to be a bit dispersed before this one, and it's a risk I probably wouldn't take.

On the subject of pubs - "The Jolly Tanners" has confirmed Pasties will be for sale, and a WestCountry beer has been requested. There's always real cider available too. There's 6-8 of us going there, PM me if anyone else fancies joining us so they can up the pasty order ! http://jollytanners.com/opening-hours/directions/

I missed the previous Crawley game, so this will be my fourth location watching Argyle in my home county. The Goldstone, Withdean - and Worthing Utd for a reserve game, if I'm not mistaken (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hasney_Aljofree)

Mike

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
I purchased a ticket online last night and am picking it up from the box office, which seemed the best thing to do given how close we are to Saturday.

Jul 29, 2010
Emu":o2trj17u said:
I purchased a ticket online last night and am picking it up from the box office, which seemed the best thing to do given how close we are to Saturday.

Like I say, whenever I've ordered tickets for delivery they have ALWAYS come the next day. Exiles therefore have either today or tomorrow to buy from Argyle and they'll arrive at their home addresses Thursday or Friday respectively.

I really wouldn't bank on anything being available on the day from that statement so as it says...

>>> BOOK EARLY NOW TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT <<<

Oct 12, 2015
...From John's very helpful local Knowledge (Thank you, John), I shall be in the Snooty fox for about one (ish)
Who's with me ? :)

I'll be the bald, good looking bloke in the Argyle home shirt. I'll shout you a pint ;)

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
HertsPilgrim":alkjj31d said:
...From John's very helpful local Knowledge (Thank you, John), I shall be in the Snooty fox for about one (ish)

I'll be the bald, good looking bloke in the Argyle home shirt. I'll shout you a pint ;)

Morval to Crawley in 2 hours?? Who/what are you... the Stig??

Oct 12, 2015
Adam_R":2y5tna3n said:
HertsPilgrim":2y5tna3n said:

Nope. Stumped me .

I'll be coming from North Herts :)

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
HertsPilgrim":codbyflc said:
Adam_R":codbyflc said:
HertsPilgrim":codbyflc said:

Nope. Stumped me .

Apologies - similarly named drinking establishment near Looe in Cornwall.

Best advice for pubs if heading out of London for a drink before the game?

Adam_R":yusnk0ja said:
HertsPilgrim":yusnk0ja said:
Adam_R":yusnk0ja said:
HertsPilgrim":yusnk0ja said:

Nope. Stumped me .

Apologies - similarly named drinking establishment near Looe in Cornwall.

Best advice for pubs if heading out of London for a drink before the game?

Well you've had some already :sigh: But tell us your route and mode of transport and we'll try to guide you.
"The Snooty Fox" is handy for Three Bridges station if you're using Thameslink (or whatever it's called this week), but don't expect great beer or fine dining.

Mike

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Thanks Mike, looks like we'll be heading out of Waterloo (having already eaten) destined for Crawley Station. So it's really just somewhere for a few pints before the game. I imagine any beer will do and fine dining is not on the agenda. Best around the station or anything near the ground?

Ok, well there's two stations. Three Bridges is first and has The Snooty Fox right outside. But it's a bit of a lager barn and you may need a taxi to the ground from there. They will have the footie on pre-match.

Crawley is the station after. Again, it's not very near the ground and most of the pubs are in the opposite direction. So head for the ground and the club bar. I really wouldn't bother going out of your way, especially if you've already eaten.

Sorry it's not more inspiring. Crawley really does have rubbish pubs.

Mike

Dec 20, 2011
Adam,
For you and anyone else whose going on Saturday

John Eldridge":20dhliq0 said:
Heads up on Crawley away.....( I live there )

Town has 2 railway stations, Crawley & Three Bridges.

Crawley Train Station has an bus station opposite. Very frequent bus service direct to the Stadium ,every five to ten minutes. Take the Fastway service number 10, £2 I think, and its about a ten minute journey to the ground. Same for the return journey.

Walk to the stadium ( 20 minutes) is turn left out of the station, stay parallel to the railway line (on your left) until the level crossing. over the crossing into Brighton Road, The Railway pub on your left , continue up the road over, past the New moon pub on the left , ground is accessed under the main road by subway.
Alternatively, turn right out of station, past the night clubs to the traffic lights ( major junction) turn right into Southgate avenue and continue to follow the road for about a mile to the stadium.

Three Bridges Station is the busiest station, commuter crossroads to the south/south east, very busy on a Saturday with supporters from all range of clubs travelling through the station, Sussex supporters of Millwall, Brighton, Palace, Arsenal, Chelsea, the lot.....sometimes a flashpoint so normally plenty of BTP about. . The Fastway bus is the Number 20 from bus stop C....runs to the stadium every 15 mins. Alternatively to get a taxi from outside the station, £8-10!!, don't think about walking as it would take 45/60 minutes on a good day!!!!
The Snooty Fox is a pub decent sized and directly opposite the Station, football friendly, Sky sports and food. Opens at 10 am

Other Pubs........

In the High Street ( five/ten minute walk from Crawley Station, 30 minute walk to the ground ) there is four within 20 yards of each other,

Jubilee Oak ( Spoons) opens at 8 am !!!! Food Served

White Hart (Harveys) opens 11-30 am Food Served

Brewery Shades open 10-10.30 am Food Served

The Punchbowl Opens 11 am Food served

from the High Street over the level crossing into Brighton Road,

The Railway 20 mins from ground Opens Midday Food Served

The New Moon is further up the road and visible from the ground which is a 2 minute walk,
Sky sports, pool table, Opens Midday Food Served

At the stadium the Redz bar, CTFC Social club is normally open to away support, might be worth checking with the club prior to the match. Opens Midday ( Loads of GA in there last time we played here ) Sky/BBC sports

also there is;

The Downsman on Southgate Drive about 10 minute walk from the ground Opens midday, Sky/BBC Sports, pool tables Food Served, close to fast food ,bookies and local shops

The Grasshopper, used to be my local, on Ashdown Drive in Tilgate, again 10/15 minute walk to the ground , Opens midday , Sky/BBC sports, pool tables , again next door to takeaway outlets, bookies and shops.

If travelling by car there is very limited parking at the stadium and tow-away zones on the main roads around the ground and in the K2 leisure centre nearby. you would have to find street parking in Tilgate or Southgate.

Win our next two games and we could sell our allocation and no doubt we would get more if the demand is there, as X Ilse said we could/should even outnumber the home support.

I would be very surprised if anyone had any problems in the pubs I have mentioned, however they possibly might if they really go looking for it........ and I never heard of any crowd trouble whatsoever at the stadium, most of the locals follow London clubs or BHA , Crawley attendances are dire.

more info here;
http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leag ... -town.html

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
John Eldridge":woa61t3t said:
Adam,
For you and anyone else whose going on Saturday

John Eldridge":woa61t3t said:
Heads up on Crawley away.....( I live there )

Town has 2 railway stations, Crawley & Three Bridges.

Crawley Train Station has an bus station opposite. Very frequent bus service direct to the Stadium ,every five to ten minutes. Take the Fastway service number 10, £2 I think, and its about a ten minute journey to the ground. Same for the return journey.

Walk to the stadium ( 20 minutes) is turn left out of the station, stay parallel to the railway line (on your left) until the level crossing. over the crossing into Brighton Road, The Railway pub on your left , continue up the road over, past the New moon pub on the left , ground is accessed under the main road by subway.
Alternatively, turn right out of station, past the night clubs to the traffic lights ( major junction) turn right into Southgate avenue and continue to follow the road for about a mile to the stadium.

Three Bridges Station is the busiest station, commuter crossroads to the south/south east, very busy on a Saturday with supporters from all range of clubs travelling through the station, Sussex supporters of Millwall, Brighton, Palace, Arsenal, Chelsea, the lot.....sometimes a flashpoint so normally plenty of BTP about. . The Fastway bus is the Number 20 from bus stop C....runs to the stadium every 15 mins. Alternatively to get a taxi from outside the station, £8-10!!, don't think about walking as it would take 45/60 minutes on a good day!!!!
The Snooty Fox is a pub decent sized and directly opposite the Station, football friendly, Sky sports and food. Opens at 10 am

Other Pubs........

In the High Street ( five/ten minute walk from Crawley Station, 30 minute walk to the ground ) there is four within 20 yards of each other,

Jubilee Oak ( Spoons) opens at 8 am !!!! Food Served

White Hart (Harveys) opens 11-30 am Food Served

Brewery Shades open 10-10.30 am Food Served

The Punchbowl Opens 11 am Food served

from the High Street over the level crossing into Brighton Road,

The Railway 20 mins from ground Opens Midday Food Served

The New Moon is further up the road and visible from the ground which is a 2 minute walk,
Sky sports, pool table, Opens Midday Food Served

At the stadium the Redz bar, CTFC Social club is normally open to away support, might be worth checking with the club prior to the match. Opens Midday ( Loads of GA in there last time we played here ) Sky/BBC sports

also there is;

The Downsman on Southgate Drive about 10 minute walk from the ground Opens midday, Sky/BBC Sports, pool tables Food Served, close to fast food ,bookies and local shops

The Grasshopper, used to be my local, on Ashdown Drive in Tilgate, again 10/15 minute walk to the ground , Opens midday , Sky/BBC sports, pool tables , again next door to takeaway outlets, bookies and shops.

If travelling by car there is very limited parking at the stadium and tow-away zones on the main roads around the ground and in the K2 leisure centre nearby. you would have to find street parking in Tilgate or Southgate.

Win our next two games and we could sell our allocation and no doubt we would get more if the demand is there, as X Ilse said we could/should even outnumber the home support.

I would be very surprised if anyone had any problems in the pubs I have mentioned, however they possibly might if they really go looking for it........ and I never heard of any crowd trouble whatsoever at the stadium, most of the locals follow London clubs or BHA , Crawley attendances are dire.

more info here;
http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leag ... -town.html

Many thanks John.