EFL TROPHY? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

EFL TROPHY?

Nov 22, 2006
Where I don't agree with the new format of this competition I will be going as due to work it'll be the 1st game of the season for me and nothing will stop me from going to support my team :scarf:

Oct 14, 2015
I'm going.....its relatively close to my home address and I want to watch my team as often as I can. Personal choice whether you go or not...

Nov 4, 2012
People going to these games should not complain when the idea of B teams in the football league rears its ugly again. Boycott if you love Argyle.

Nov 4, 2012
HC Green":onvk6r9u said:
B teams in leagues are already happening, Argyle in the SWPL for example.

Hence why I said "The Football League"

Can't believe any football fan would attend this farce. Unless to protest maybe.

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Didn't I see Pompey fans say they would attend, to pump money into club and then walk out at kickoff? Now that would be a statement !

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
John Cooper":1f4oehea said:
Didn't I see Pompey fans say they would attend, to pump money into club and then walk out at kickoff? Now that would be a statement !

They haven't thought it through.

The attendance will be announced as the number through the turnstyles.

Dec 3, 2005
Not going to any of them.

Am I right in thinking that money taken will be shared amongst the teams in the group?

The other bright idea is having the Premier side at home lol - who makes up these decisions they really need to be sacked.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
I'm kind of glad I don't have to make a decision on attending games in this competition.

There can be no solid victory claimed by protesters though. If the competition falls flat on it's face and consequently there is no proposal for Premier League clubs to place academy teams in the lower end of the Football League, the EFL will say there was never any such intention.

May 22, 2006
Except we'll know they're lying because they did actually propose the idea a couple of years ago. Don't you remember the whole "Against League 3" campaign? The main reason we're so up in arms is because it's so bloody transparent what they're trying to do. If they deny it they'll only be kidding themselves.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Ham Green":jzeoyygm said:
Except we'll know they're lying because they did actually propose the idea a couple of years ago. Don't you remember the whole "Against League 3" campaign? The main reason we're so up in arms is because it's so bloody transparent what they're trying to do. If they deny it they'll only be kidding themselves.

It was Greg Dyke's idea and it was ill thought out out. We don't actually know if he had the backing of all the top teams. Look at this farce. The Premier League bosses went with this current experiment yet their really big boy members weren't actually interested.

The only way boycotting fans can claim a full victory is if such a proposal comes up for voting and supporters convince their clubs to vote against it no matter what financial package is dangled in front of them.

Apr 8, 2014
I won't be going to any, it was the main route to Wembley for lower clubs. I personally hope the final are the two furthest academy sides from Wembley against each other

Nov 4, 2012
I don't care about claiming any sort of victory. All I care about is that the greatest football league system in the world is not soiled by the monstrosity that is 'B teams'. Give my Accrington Stanley and Crawley any day over Man Utd B.