EFL TROPHY? | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

EFL TROPHY?

Oct 31, 2015
Keepitgreen":2k35jefz said:
Fat_green_belly":2k35jefz said:
Lundan Cabbie":2k35jefz said:
Fat_green_belly":2k35jefz said:
I hated the premier before all this but what about those championship b teams
being in the checkacrap as well. WTF are they doing there?
The nearer to the premier the more corruptable?
A "sh1te on the minions below" mindset. Please beam me back to the 60s for some integrity again and
the best of english football with a united FOOTBALL LEAGUE not some greedy, self interested mix
of leagues with no interest in english football, apart from seemingly conquering it all financially.
And theyve got the cheek to say all this will benefit the english game.
Best of luck big sam. Start checking out the checkacrap. Its the way forward now. So there!

The problem is, nearly all the Argyle fans I know hope that the club can share a bit of that pie before they pop their clogs, even if it was just for only for one season.
True cabbie. Thats their desire. It aint mine anymore.
More important things in life than footie. Sorry shanks.
I did use to be that way. Not any more though.
One of my lifetime ambitions for argyle in the 60s as a kid was for
us to get into FL DIV 1. Held it for many years. Until quite recent as well.
This aint the football league i remember anymore sadly.
Im probably one of the few who is just simply happy to watch
a game of footie now. Winning being a bonus. Promotion up to the
championship will do for me. Then again i see their b teams in this as well
and im a bit heartbroken with it all. Its starting to feel a bit like were up against
prem+champ now god help us.
Make no mistake i may be alone in doing so, but i am out if b teams
come into the football league. Its simply disrespectful to other pro clubs and
fans. Were deemed not good enough to play against their first team. Or as fans to watch their
better players.
Whatever, we aint going to get any of that pie you talk of. Were PAFC and we
reside in the beautiful but isolated and financially barren SW. Money talks loudest now.
I agree with a lot of that. I used to be one of those who wanted to get to the promised land even if we came straight back down again. Now I'm not so sure. I doubt that we'd ever have the finances to have a sustained stint in the PL.
Blimey I thought I was the only one who felt this way. Obviously not. I cannot stand what football has become. I enjoy goong to the games and I am knownto be green through snd thtough but its not the be all anymore. The Premiership has killed the national team and will slowly kill off the lower leagues if the FL are not careful. I enjoy watching lower league football including local non league and the club have costs to meet do I will probably turn up and watch.

One only has to look at the vastly different paths ourselves and Blackburn have taken since that Speedie hat-trick in 1992, at the inception of the PL. Now Blackburn themselves can't keep up. Before the PL, we'd played Blackburn 48 times in 56 years. Frequent opposition. Parity. Since that game, not once. (Courtesy GoS if I got that wrong)

All this complete crap about the EFL trophy and the inclusion of B-teams somehow helping the English national team - a lie of mind-boggling proportions, playing on the heartstrings of so many lower-league football fans who still cling to the National team as a worthwhile project.

One of the reasons for the creation of the premier league was to help the national team. How did that work out? Adding B-teams to our domestic league structure, which is inevitably where this is all heading, would be the death-knell of the English leagues as we know it. And how many clubs are going to benefit?

At some point, we as supporters have to make a stand. Not attending these EFL Trophy games would be a very good place to start.

(I swear that stat about Blackburn is wrong - I'm finding it hard to believe!)

Apr 12, 2016
Premier League transfer spending this summer is on course to break the £1 Billion mark before the window shuts. That's a staggering figure.

Aug 18, 2015
Looking at next weeks fixtures, I see that 3 teams playing under 23 opposition are kicking off at 3pm. Chesterfield, Fleetwood and Scunthorpe obviously anticipating record breaking low crowds are saving on cost of floodlights. Not many 1st team matches kick off then on a normal working day. Brings back memories of Man City 1974

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
greencard":1wltezlx said:
Looking at next weeks fixtures, I see that 3 teams playing under 23 opposition are kicking off at 3pm. Chesterfield, Fleetwood and Scunthorpe obviously anticipating record breaking low crowds are saving on cost of floodlights. Not many 1st team matches kick off then on a normal working day. Brings back memories of Man City 1974

Thats interesting greencard.

Makes some economic sense I guess or means there is another miners' strike on the way :)

This competition should have been scrapped a long time ago, following the changes its even more deserving of it's demise this season.

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Under 18s a pound, a nice philanthropic gesture and not an attempt to inflate the attendance :whistle: .

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Mark_Colling":18cww95y said:
Have I missed the Trust's words of wisdom on the subject?

The Chairman "argyledad" posted this on 31 July.....
argyledad":18cww95y said:
The EFL Trophy is on the agenda for our next Board meeting on 20th August.

But whatever the AFT say it's three months too late and now unfortunately totally irrelevant.

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
PL2 3DQ":1xe5qjea said:
Mark_Colling":1xe5qjea said:

The Chairman "argyledad" posted this on 31 July.....
argyledad":1xe5qjea said:
The EFL Trophy is on the agenda for our next Board meeting on 20th August.

But whatever the AFT say it's three months too late and now unfortunately totally irrelevant.
That was exactly my point; assuming they remembered to discuss it at all, there is still no pronouncement and the limited impact is further diminished.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Couldn't they just do away with the two Football League competitions and set-up a British tournament of sorts? I wouldn't mind a group stage or even us starting far earlier than the big teams so long as we are treated as equals to every other club's first teams.

Chuck in a few Welsh clubs, the Scots and Irish and suddenly you've got a mildly more interesting competition than the B-team farse and knockoff FA Cup.

Dec 3, 2005
Ollieargyle9":34c2je2d said:
Couldn't they just do away with the two Football League competitions and set-up a British tournament of sorts? I wouldn't mind a group stage or even us starting far earlier than the big teams so long as we are treated as equals to every other club's first teams.

Chuck in a few Welsh clubs, the Scots and Irish and suddenly you've got a mildly more interesting competition than the B-team farse and knockoff FA Cup.

It's a bit early to be drunk lol

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Mark_Colling":3ajx3i9b said:
And not just this subject Mark!
I understand that the Blackpool Supporters Trust are advocating a boycott of their home matches as a protest against their colourful chairman!
Nothing from the AFT about support for a fellow Trust. :think:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
According to the club website match ticket page there are only five blocks open for the Newport game, blocks 10 - 14 in the Lyndhurst. The Grandstand and Devonport End are currently closed and no tickets are on sale in these areas.

Is it really worth opening the stadium for this game? Play the game in the car park, a fitting venue for the competition. :)

Jan 3, 2013
PL2 3DQ":361pw7wv said:
According to the club website match ticket page there are only five blocks open for the Newport game, blocks 10 - 14 in the Lyndhurst. The Grandstand and Devonport End are currently closed and no tickets are on sale in these areas.

Is it really worth opening the stadium for this game? Play the game in the car park, a fitting venue for the competition. :)

Sad