EFL TROPHY? | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

EFL TROPHY?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
After costs each L1 and L2 team will get 45% of gate receipts from their games against each other with 10% going to the EFLol.
So anyone going to the Newport game to financially support Argyle will in fact be giving £3.60 from a £8 ticket to Newport before costs are deducted.

I hated the premier before all this but what about those championship b teams
being in the checkacrap as well. WTF are they doing there?
The nearer to the premier the more corruptable?
A "poo on the minions below" mindset. Please beam me back to the 60s for some integrity again and
the best of english football with a united FOOTBALL LEAGUE not some greedy, self interested mix
of leagues with no interest in english football, apart from seemingly conquering it all financially.
And theyve got the cheek to say all this will benefit the english game.
Best of luck big sam. Start checking out the checkacrap. Its the way forward now. So there!

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":2d6w09e3 said:
After costs each L1 and L2 team will get 45% of gate receipts from their games against each other with 10% going to the EFLol.
So anyone going to the Newport game to financially support Argyle will in fact be giving £3.60 from a £8 ticket to Newport before costs are deducted.

And 60p of that is VAT

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Fat_green_belly":29rn5umq said:
A "sh1te on the minions below" mindset. Please beam me back to the 60s for some integrity again and
the best of english football with a united FOOTBALL LEAGUE not some greedy, self interested mix
of leagues with no interest in english football, apart from seemingly conquering it all financially.
Best of luck big sam. Start checking out the checkacrap. Its the way forward now. So there!

The problem is, nearly all the Argyle fans I know hope that the club can share a bit of that pie before they pop their clogs, even if it was just for only for one season.

Lundan Cabbie":1rnehz03 said:
Fat_green_belly":1rnehz03 said:
A "sh1te on the minions below" mindset. Please beam me back to the 60s for some integrity again and

The problem is, nearly all the Argyle fans I know hope that the club can share a bit of that pie before they pop their clogs, even if it was just for only for one season.
True cabbie. Thats their desire. It aint mine anymore.
More important things in life than footie. Sorry shanks.
I did use to be that way. Not any more though.
One of my lifetime ambitions for argyle in the 60s as a kid was for
us to get into FL DIV 1. Held it for many years. Until quite recent as well.
This aint the football league i remember anymore sadly.
Im probably one of the few who is just simply happy to watch
a game of footie now. Winning being a bonus. Promotion up to the
championship will do for me. Then again i see their b teams in this as well
and im a bit heartbroken with it all. Its starting to feel a bit like were up against
prem+champ now god help us.
Make no mistake i may be alone in doing so, but i am out if b teams
come into the football league. Its simply disrespectful to other pro clubs and
fans. Were deemed not good enough to play against their first team. Or as fans to watch their
better players.
Whatever, we aint going to get any of that pie you talk of. Were PAFC and we
reside in the beautiful but isolated and financially barren SW. Money talks loudest now.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 ST Donor 🎫
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Fat_green_belly":xjrwtwcd said:
Lundan Cabbie":xjrwtwcd said:
Fat_green_belly":xjrwtwcd said:

and im a bit heartbroken with it all. Its starting to feel a bit like were up against
fans. Were deemed not good enough to play against their first team. Or as fans to watch their
better players.
reside in the beautiful but isolated and financially barren SW. Money talks loudest now.
I agree with a lot of that. I used to be one of those who wanted to get to the promised land even if we came straight back down again. Now I'm not so sure. I doubt that we'd ever have the finances to have a sustained stint in the PL.

Apr 12, 2016
Ultimately the EPL in conjunction with the other big European clubs has visions of a global, European at first Super League(an enhancement of the current Champions league). For example look at the recent 'Champions Cup' pre-season friendly rota. 105,000 to watch to Chelsea v Real Madrid in LA plus tens of millions watching globally on pay per view as well as many other games played in a formalised structure for tv. Over the last few years more and more pre-season games have been played in the US and the far-east particularly China. These are hugely lucrative exercises and bring in much more revenue than say a bog standard Sunderland v Leicester televised match for example. How long were the EPL been going about the 39th game? They don't anymore - they have a grander plan.

For example Liverpool played Barcelona a couple of weeks ago at Wembley. 89,600 paid a minimum of £65 to get in for a friendly plus massive TV revenue.

The bit for us to be concerned about is that these clubs will need to have a 'local' outlet a) to keep the home fans happy and in touch with 'their' club b) give it some identity and c) instead of shuffling players all over the globe to sit on a bench or not at all give them a competitive outlet in the form of the existing pyramid structure. They can then be if any good promoted to the 'world/euro league' side. This is where the 'B' team comes in...

Sounds crazy ? Admittedly it does look wacky but would you bet against something like that developing ? Money talks.

Feb 2, 2007
Since I Was 33":298uje37 said:
Ultimately the EPL in conjunction with the other big European clubs has visions of a global, European at first Super League(an enhancement of the current Champions league). For example look at the recent 'Champions Cup' pre-season friendly rota. 105,000 to watch to Chelsea v Real Madrid in LA plus tens of millions watching globally on pay per view as well as many other games played in a formalised structure for tv. Over the last few years more and more pre-season games have been played in the US and the far-east particularly China. These are hugely lucrative exercises and bring in much more revenue than say a bog standard Sunderland v Leicester televised match for example. How long were the EPL been going about the 39th game? They don't anymore - they have a grander plan.

For example Liverpool played Barcelona a couple of weeks ago at Wembley. 89,600 paid a minimum of £65 to get in for a friendly plus massive TV revenue.

The bit for us to be concerned about is that these clubs will need to have a 'local' outlet a) to keep the home fans happy and in touch with 'their' club b) give it some identity and c) instead of shuffling players all over the globe to sit on a bench or not at all give them a competitive outlet in the form of the existing pyramid structure. They can then be if any good promoted to the 'world/euro league' side. This is where the 'B' team comes in...

Sounds crazy ? Admittedly it does look wacky but would you bet against something like that developing ? Money talks.

I don't doubt that some would love this to happen- the fans will stump up for a novelty friendly but I don't think a full league scenario like this would capture the imagination enough to be a sustainable format. Also the practical issue of travel (until someone comes up with faster and less energy sapping ways of getting about) would make it difficult for players to sustain this. Undoubtedly things will change in time- personally I can't stand the Champions League and Europa League format and haven't watched them for several years, as a neutral they just aren't exciting or interesting enough, so I can see them playing with the format of this type of comp soon.

Jun 8, 2016
Its an absolute joke!!
Like the Prem don't have enough money, never mind cutting teams short in our Cups. How many teams might lose to a Prem 'U21s' ?? By adding those Teams other clubs will have their Cup run cut short possibly and lose some much needed revenue. They should just stick to their own league and cups. Next they'll be getting too big for their boots and thinking they should have B teams in the Championship like Spain

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Fat_green_belly":3jn96u88 said:
Lundan Cabbie":3jn96u88 said:
Fat_green_belly":3jn96u88 said:

better players.

What a sad but accurate reflection on the state of football in this day and age. We used to be able to identify with the teams in England at whatever level. All teams would have a core/smattering of local talent bulked out with the best of Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland/Ireland. Most if not all English football fans could identify with the sublime talents of John Charles, George Best and Kenny Dalgleish to name but three. Now with clubs choking on wads of Sky money, any and all are welcome to come and put their snouts in the trough. How can a fan from Manchester, Chelsea, Liverpool etc. profess to support their "local" side, where are the Giggs, Scholes, Carragher, etc.? In this sad, mercenary age success is not won but bought.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I'd still like a bit of it though Patrick.

Not wanting to be greedy, but I'd love to see us in the Championship buying players for £3m to £5m.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
🎫 ST Donor 🎫
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I often think football reflects society, and the Premier League certainly does in many ways.

The inequality and greed is mind-boggling.

Feb 2, 2007
IJN":uzncrmwv said:
I'd still like a bit of it though Patrick.

Not wanting to be greedy, but I'd love to see us in the Championship buying players for £3m to £5m.

I'm not so sure Ian. The first season and then the excellent second season in the Championship in the noughties had some novelty and interest of course, it was particularly brilliant how we got there under Sturrock, but then the apathy started to kick in, the crowds dropped back and we gambled disasterously before the rapid decline set in. If we are to get back in the Championship it would have to be on terms that everything is done sustainably, which for Argyle means we can only compete on a certain level. Bournemouth is the nearest team comparison to one breaking through above that, but even they could end up like Blackpool or Portsmouth pretty rapidly if they outsize their spend.

We are historically a League One sized club, usually competing well at that level, when the club is being "well run"- punching above your weight as a football club may promise much but tends to deliver little and set clubs back a decade much to the annoyance of the hardcore who then have to put up with the pitiful fare League 2 sometimes has to offer.