Emmen Friendly Cancelled (Confirmed) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Emmen Friendly Cancelled (Confirmed)

May 8, 2011
Sean":3l6ncju2 said:
http://www.dvhn.nl/sport/Burgemeest...ijd-FC-Emmen-Plymouth-Argyle-FC-22359439.html

Mayor Eric van Oosterhout the match on July 25 banned after consultation with the police.

It is expected that about 400 supporters of the British club will travel along. Among the supporters of Plymouth are supporters with a stadium ban, which possibly would visit the center of Emmen. ,, As on July 25, several events in the city and there is no available extra police because of the holiday, I can not guarantee security, '' says Van Oosterhout.

If they are worried about people with banning orders going why can't D&C do what they do when England are away and request that those people go to the Police station and hand over their passports?

May 14, 2016
BojanTheGreat":1mr072ya said:
Sean":1mr072ya said:
http://www.dvhn.nl/sport/Burgemeest...ijd-FC-Emmen-Plymouth-Argyle-FC-22359439.html

Mayor Eric van Oosterhout the match on July 25 banned after consultation with the police.

It is expected that about 400 supporters of the British club will travel along. Among the supporters of Plymouth are supporters with a stadium ban, which possibly would visit the center of Emmen. ,, As on July 25, several events in the city and there is no available extra police because of the holiday, I can not guarantee security, '' says Van Oosterhout.

Has he been chatting with Donald Trump???

"Despite the constant negative press about Plymouth covfefe"

Jun 2, 2016
So he got the fan numbers wrong
He doesn't know our reputation
He didn't check what happened last year
He didn't consult with the club

This is what happens when idiots get given power above their capabilities

Aug 4, 2011
HC Green":11az2r57 said:
Sean":11az2r57 said:

If they are worried about people with banning orders going why can't D&C do what they do when England are away and request that those people go to the Police station and hand over their passports?

You can't stop people leaving the country if they have a UK football banning order. Totally different kettle of fish with England internationals.
I don't see this as the issue, the Dutch have fked up their planing somewhere and it's such an easy get out to "blame" the potential volume and potential behavior of Argyle fans as the reason for the cancellation

Jan 2, 2006
Chris errington has tweeted the Mayor asking to discuss the cancellation. So I guess if anyone wants to say something to him check our Chris Erringtons twitter

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Something doesn't add up.

It looks like the Butterfly market is not about butterflies but the usual shopping and fresh food market with the name "Butterfly".
Emmen has a population of 107,000, the same as somewhere like Mansfield or Carlisle, so surely the police force could cope with a football match with an attendance of less than 1000, a cycle race and a market? It's not a small sleepy town.

It sounds like the mayor has incorrectly heard or been tipped off that a load of drunken English hooligans with stadium banning orders are about to visit his town to cause trouble so he's cancelled the game under the premise of a weak excuse.

Aug 10, 2006
the_corkscrew":izyj8fsc said:
So he got the fan numbers wrong
He doesn't know our reputation
He didn't check what happened last year
He didn't consult with the club

This is what happens when idiots get given power above their capabilities
not sure who has told him 400 we never had 400 in austria when we played real madrid.

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
The issue to me seems to be that I really cannot see a large percentage of Argyle's hooligan element travelling so this seems a bit of a lame excuse to cancel the match, maybe misinformation given to the mayor ?

Aug 11, 2013
kernow19":1uil9k31 said:
arrythewurzel":1uil9k31 said:
This is the mayor

https://nl.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_van_Oosterhout

And his email address is:

e.vanoosterhout@emmen.nl

Don't be abusive if you contact him as that will only reinforce his view he's done the right thing !

Unfortunately, I cannot see it being of any benefit to contact the mayor, whether it be civil or not, to be honest.

It may not change anything but at least he will know his decision has caused travel plan disruption and inconvenience. He might also feel some discomfort particularly if it's pointed out it has portrayed him and the town as somewhat of a laughing stock - the story having reached that BBC national sports webpage. Also a chance to point out the decision was made without the correct info and has tarnished our good name as a family club. Politicians should be accountable and doing nothing is certainly not going to change anything. I'm just about to ping one off ......