Emmen Friendly Cancelled (Confirmed) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Emmen Friendly Cancelled (Confirmed)

Jan 20, 2005
Plymouth, Devon
E-mail sent:

Hallo, ik zou graag willen dat je je besluit heroverweegt om het Plymouth Argyle v FC Emmen spel uit te stellen - het heeft veel ontwrichting veroorzaakt en ik zou dankbaar zijn als je weer eens naar deze beslissing kan kijken.

Vriendelijke groeten,

Leon Horn

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Leon Horn":23z4clhf said:
E-mail sent:

Hallo, ik zou graag willen dat je je besluit heroverweegt om het Plymouth Argyle v FC Emmen spel uit te stellen - het heeft veel ontwrichting veroorzaakt en ik zou dankbaar zijn als je weer eens naar deze beslissing kan kijken.

Vriendelijke groeten,

Leon Horn

Bugger! You beat me to it Leon...I was just about to send the same thing!!

:lol:

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Andy_S":1zz9w42i said:
Leon Horn":1zz9w42i said:
E-mail sent:

Vriendelijke groeten,

Leon Horn

i think you need to check you autocorrect functions.

Jan 20, 2005
Plymouth, Devon
Andy_S":3d7t80uv said:
Leon Horn":3d7t80uv said:
E-mail sent:

Vriendelijke groeten,

Leon Horn

Sorry, Andy!

May 3, 2016
Dear Sir,

We are two Plymouth Argyle fans aged 55 and 62, we have supported our club for 40 years.

We have just spend lots of money planning our trip to your country to watch a friendly game of football.

I do not know what information you received, but the facts are there will be no more than 80 Plymouth fans attending this game, many via the official club tour.

Having watched my team in Austria in pre season friendlies there were NO arrests, and a good time was had by all.

I think your decision at this very short notice is not helpful, and I would ask you to re consider your decision.

I await your response.

Life long Plymouth Argyle fans.

David Creber
:thumbs:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Ade, perhaps the Mayor wasn't aware of what his decision meant to the rank and file fan.

What would you have people do? Simply quiet accept it as 'all part of being a footie fan'.

May 3, 2016
The point of the email my friend, is to make him aware its just ordinary fans wanting to watch a friendly game of football.

I have no idea what D & C's finest have told them, I was putting the other side of the story, ordinary fans wanting to watch a friendly game of football.

I do not expect a reply, but if I get one Ade you will be the first to know.

Are you going to Holland?

Happy days
:clap:

Aug 15, 2008
If it was Liverpool, Man Utd or Real Madrid arriving in Emmen the butterflies would have been cancelled.....

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Ade the green":3suoy7lm said:
What is the point of sending e-mails? it's just crass to think they have nothing better to do than revisit a decision to cancel a game of football.

Crass? :crazy:

I reckon something will come of this, it seems to have gone a bit 'viral'. I predict that either he'll reconsider or a nearby team will take a nice bit of PR and host Argyle instead. Hopefully Ajax :oops:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Biggs":3t4iny2s said:
Ade the green":3t4iny2s said:
What is the point of sending e-mails? it's just crass to think they have nothing better to do than revisit a decision to cancel a game of football.

Crass? :crazy:

I reckon something will come of this, it seems to have gone a bit 'viral'. I predict that either he'll reconsider or a nearby team will take a nice bit of PR and host Argyle instead. Hopefully Ajax :oops:

Like the Real Madrid game it's one of those situations where we might benefit, there are always several English clubs in Europe taking part in pre-season training, Everton for example are in Holland just a few days before Argyle and play a game just an hour away from Emmen. They might be able to provide a team and stay on for an extra day or so.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Hope they pick the same date for whatever it is they MIGHT replace it with.

There are a lot of us who are now stuck in Holland without a game to go to.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
IJN":x26xj9lq said:
Hope they pick the same date for whatever it is they MIGHT replace it with.

There are a lot of us who are now stuck in Holland without a game to go to.

TUESDAY 25TH JULY
GROUP B
Russia women 19:45 Germany Women
Sweden Women 19:45 Italy Women

Couldn't tell you where the games are being played but if it were me, I'd make the best of a bad lot.

Whilst I'm not belittling the efforts of some to follow Argyle to Holland it is not the most important event to happen there. Who can say what relevance the Butterfly Market or Cycle Race has to the locals for them to decide that the timing was wrong for this game. I am sorry for those travelling, for the cost and the time it will take up but in my opinion sometimes you have to say "What the heck". It's not like all the other tours have not had difficulties.

Is the other friendly set in stone?