Exeter City match display (Wall of Colour) | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Exeter City match display (Wall of Colour)

Mar 18, 2006
The display last time was fantastic and it will be great to see it again .

But the ground was pretty packed that time, my concern would be that if ticket sales haven't gone as well this time round , the display will lose its effect .

Not a lot been said about tickets sold so far .

Jan 2, 2006
Yep, judging by the availability on the online ticket page, especially in the Devonport, there will be quite a few large holes in the wall !!

Aug 14, 2006
Thank you for your offers of help :scarf:

SETTING UP THE DISPLAY

Will take place on Friday 15th starting at 2pm

All volunteers are to meet at the big gate by the Devonport End

If you have an hour or so to spare, we’d appreciate as many volunteers as possible to help with this please.

Watch the pattern unfold across the seats as we’re setting up!

CLEARING THE STADIUM

With another match being played 3 days later – it’s vital that the stadium is cleared of all sheets once the match has finished.

PLEASE HELP US to make this easier by taking your sheets to our collection points during half time or at the end of the match.

At the bottom of blocks 1-12 we’ll have the help of 12 sea cadets – organised by the AFT - who will be holding black sacks for the collection of the sheets. Dressed in their uniforms and standing at the bottom of the stairways of these blocks, they’ll be easy to find to place your sheets in the bags provided.

Thanks to everyone who helps with this on the day!

VOLUNTEERS will also be needed to stay behind after the match to clear up any sheets that are still around the stadium. Again, we’d appreciate anyone who could stay behind to help with this.

FLAGS ON THE MAYFLOWER STEPS

The club has given permission to place flags on the Mayflower steps.

If all goes well with having them on the steps, flags will be allowed to go up during all home matches (dependent on extreme weather conditions) but we’ll be looking for 3-4 dependable volunteers who’d be willing to help with this prior to each match and putting them away after the match.

Does anyone happen to know the whereabouts of the big GREEN ARMY flag?

Dec 6, 2012
Plymouth, England, PL2 3HG
The 92 Club":1yvbp54c said:
Thank you for your offers of help :scarf:

SETTING UP THE DISPLAY

Will take place on Friday 15th starting at 2pm

All volunteers are to meet at the big gate by the Devonport End

If you have an hour or so to spare, we’d appreciate as many volunteers as possible to help with this please.

Watch the pattern unfold across the seats as we’re setting up!

CLEARING THE STADIUM

With another match being played 3 days later – it’s vital that the stadium is cleared of all sheets once the match has finished.

PLEASE HELP US to make this easier by taking your sheets to our collection points during half time or at the end of the match.

At the bottom of blocks 1-12 we’ll have the help of 12 sea cadets – organised by the AFT - who will be holding black sacks for the collection of the sheets. Dressed in their uniforms and standing at the bottom of the stairways of these blocks, they’ll be easy to find to place your sheets in the bags provided.

Thanks to everyone who helps with this on the day!

VOLUNTEERS will also be needed to stay behind after the match to clear up any sheets that are still around the stadium. Again, we’d appreciate anyone who could stay behind to help with this.

FLAGS ON THE MAYFLOWER STEPS

The club has given permission to place flags on the Mayflower steps.

If all goes well with having them on the steps, flags will be allowed to go up during all home matches (dependent on extreme weather conditions) but we’ll be looking for 3-4 dependable volunteers who’d be willing to help with this prior to each match and putting them away after the match.

Does anyone happen to know the whereabouts of the big GREEN ARMY flag?
I'm in the Mayflower seats so could help with the flags

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Lyndhurst and Devonport looks fairly well sold so far - just block 1 that is near empty and both the corners. I expect, with late purchases and POTD'ers it'll fill up quite nicely. Anything below 12k would be a poor showing IMO though.

Mar 9, 2011
Paven":sxibdoj8 said:
Hope to be down there on Friday, just give me the details. Can probably bring a mate too.
Thanks Paven, it would be great if you can get there on Friday.

Johndelve / BojantheGreat .... We know where you're coming from but don't panic ;) … we’re doing enough of that for ourselves! :lol:

Seriously though, we’ve been monitoring the sale of tickets and will be in close contact with the club later on today and tomorrow morning to see where it’s at. We were encouraged to hear that tickets sales normally go crazy on the day of the match and the day before … so fingers crossed.

If need be, we will change a part of our intended design around a bit.

In the meantime, everyone without a ticket yet - start filling up the Devonport End in blocks 1-4!! Ha, ha :thumbs:

wallofgreen_zpsc6310861.jpg

Mar 9, 2011
dick.argyle":2xzfehbb said:
Sue you have a PM.

I haven't received one - I'll call you in a moment?

pedro91":2xzfehbb said:

Thanks Baz, you're a star! I believe we're going to start setting them out around 12 noon - but will check that with Steve later on today. Thank you.

Apr 28, 2013
Anyone remember the paper aeroplanes from the posters s couple seasons ago? That was great :lol: :scarf:

Jan 25, 2011
plymouth
Sue Pollard":15docyzj said:
dick.argyle":15docyzj said:
Sue you have a PM.

I haven't received one - I'll call you in a moment?

pedro91":15docyzj said:

Thanks Baz, you're a star! I believe we're going to start setting them out around 12 noon - but will check that with Steve later on today. Thank you.
Sue I have now deleted that PM.

Mar 9, 2011
I'm hoping this image doesn't come out too big in this post ... sorry mods if it does! :oops:

The same as last time, we’ll be putting a few posters up around the stadium:
1. Explaining what to do when finding the sheets on their seats - if anyone wasn’t at the last display and
2. Hopefully to get the Green Army behind us on the clear up /collection of sheets.

POSTER_zps101360ae.jpg

Whilst I'm here, we'd like to give a mention of thanks to the following people who have helped to make the display possible.

Firstly, to the club - for allowing a display to take place and giving their approval to all the necessary things needed to be done when organising something like this. Oh, and for allowing flags to go on the Mayflower steps (even though we are trialing this for the moment to see how this goes). :clap:

Secondly, to the Green Taverners, the Argyle Fans' Trust and the sea cadets - for all their support in helping to make this happen. Yet again, you've been brilliant in your support of this. Thank you :thumbup:

And last, but by no means least - to the volunteers who have offered to help set this up / clearance afterwards and to the Green Army on the day. A huge THANK YOU! :nworthy:

Mar 9, 2011
tom16pafc":3an9qh41 said:
What blocks will be covered with sheets? Will it go through to 19?

Before ordering the sheets, we weren't expecting the blocks to open up all the way to blocks 19. We have some left from the last display so we'll try to stretch it around to as far as we can go. I think the order put in was to go up to block 17, but don't quote me on that for definite :)

Apr 28, 2013
Sue Pollard":1xtch4vf said:
tom16pafc":1xtch4vf said:
What blocks will be covered with sheets? Will it go through to 19?

Before ordering the sheets, we weren't expecting the blocks to open up all the way to blocks 19. We have some left from the last display so we'll try to stretch it around to as far as we can go. I think the order put in was to go up to block 17, but don't quote me on that for definite :)

Okay thanks, Block 17 is basically completely round anyway so should look great!