Gary Sawyer signs - confirmed | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Gary Sawyer signs - confirmed

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
the latest twit is a picture from Tom Sawyer i think so must confirm Garry Sawyer first new signing

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Mixed feeling if it is him.

argylepaul

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jul 15, 2008
Bromley
'Sawyer would be dirt cheap and is probably not wanted by other clubs so he would fit all of the criteria for a PAFC signing.'

A valid point. So, why have a go at him for sayng it?

Why don't people stop getting on other peoples' backs because they happened to have made a valid point.
What is this obsession with criticising criticism? Do you work for Argyle's media department?

Although I am grateful for James Brent putting his hand in his pocket, when no one else would; and still won't, the fact is Argyle are a cheapskate club, and what was said about Sawyer, and how he fits the criteria is correct. We will be stuck in League Two for a very long time because we have no money, and no one decent wants to move here on Argyle wages.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
argyle-paul":wz2o14k8 said:
'Sawyer would be dirt cheap and is probably not wanted by other clubs so he would fit all of the criteria for a PAFC signing.'

A valid point. So, why have a go at him for sayng it?

Why don't people stop getting on other peoples' backs because they happened to have made a valid point.
What is this obsession with criticising criticism? Do you work for Argyle's media department?

Although I am grateful for James Brent putting his hand in his pocket, when no one else would; and still won't, the fact is Argyle are a cheapskate club, and what was said about Sawyer, and how he fits the criteria is correct. We will be stuck in League Two for a very long time because we have no money, and no one decent wants to move here on Argyle wages.

It's called a debate, one person makes a point another counters it.

As it goes Gaspar has a track record of accusing the club of being cheap without actually backing it up with any evidence much like this claim.

Sawyer was at a League 1 club last year and at just 29 has still got a few years left in him footballing wise. I'm sure there are suitors out there for him and we'll have to put in a decent offer if we want him ourselves.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
keeno79":9j2zgpoa said:
Start as we mean to go on with uninspiring signings.

Cheap Wage.. Check
No Transfer Fee.. Check
Unwanted elsewhere..Check

Don't forget this is a player that couldn't wait to jump ship when his head was turned. Now it would appear he has nothing else on offer..

What a silly comment.

A - how do you know what wage he is on
B - how do you know that other clubs dont wamt him. He may have had a dozen offers.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
It's not a crap signing ffs. It's a perfectly solid signing. If we get to August and he's still our best signing then we can worry.

But that's not going to happen.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
keeno79":2jdk5l8e said:

Cheap Wage.. Check
No Transfer Fee.. Check

Don't forget this is a player that couldn't wait to jump ship when his head was turned. Now it would appear he has nothing else on offer..

Former L1 and Championship defender - cheap wage... Uncheck
No Transfer Fee... Welcome to L2 pal you been asleep these past few years? Check
Unwanted elsewhere.. A L1 defender last year with the option to drop into probably most L2 sides.. Uncheck

Nov 11, 2006
keeno79":10lq05ac said:

Cheap Wage.. Check
No Transfer Fee.. Check

:facepalm:

Experienced and solid performer ...Check
Knows the club inside out ...Check
Been playing at a higher level ...Check

Darn good signing IMO

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
keeno79":oblpakix said:
Like I said, I'm not getting excited about this. crap signing.

Oh ffs - people want League One players, we (more than likely) sign one and he's "crap". Ever thought of a career in football? Your insightful knowledge would be invaluable.

I

I'mArgyleinDubai

Not the most exciting signing in the world but I think it's a good one. He played for us in the championship and then has played most of his career in league 1. He's not able to beat a man like Andy Kellet for example, but he's a solid defender and pretty tidy going forward from what I can remember. As long as we have a creative player in front of him i don't see that being too much of a problem in league 2. Overall, a good piece of business I reckon.