Goodbye Argyle, thanks for the memories. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Goodbye Argyle, thanks for the memories.

justanotherfan

๐Ÿ† Callum Wright 23/24
โœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
๐ŸŽซ S.T. Donor ๐ŸŽซ
๐ŸŒ Bomber Harris.
๐Ÿš‘ Steve Hooper
โœจPasoti Donorโœจ
๐ŸŒŸSparksy Mural๐ŸŒŸ
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Mork":2rv87kq5 said:
[Absolutely devastated that Morecombe will be my last game, before emigrating to Oz(mrs is Australian)].
Family aside what's killing me, is not going to Argyle. How do Tin tin, Ottawa etc survive? You don't realise how much your going to miss something until your confronted by it. It's pretty tough to break a love affair that started in 1976.
Is there an Aussie fan club?? If not maybe I'll start one.
I'm assuming Argyle player etc works in Oz? If anyone knows to the contrary, please let me know.
Hope to be back in 4/5 years for a visit, having parked easily :greensmile: , sitting in our magnificent refurbished stand, whilst on the field were vying for a place in the prem! :whistle:

According to the Herald from Dec 2015, there are/were 76 Pilgrims in Oz, wizard eh!

Mork

๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
justanotherfan":wgbjqooz said:
You`ll still be able to post and p1ss people off :greensmile: big empty country so parking shouldn`t be a problem, hope you will be able to celebrate promotion in the sun, good luck for the future. :scarf:

Thanks JAF, much appreciated.

Mork

Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
Shankster":1eod5z8s said:
Emigration, my idea of a nightmare. Have travelled far and wide, haven't seen a place that rivals this part of the country

Wouldn't emigrate there if paid
Shanks, I completely agree. My heart will always be here, sometimes life throws up things you least expect, circumstances allied with my wife being an Aussie dictates our move.

smudja

๐Ÿ† Callum Wright 23/24
โœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
๐ŸŽซ S.T. Donor ๐ŸŽซ
Auction Winner ๐Ÿ‘จโ€โš–๏ธ
โœจPasoti Donorโœจ
๐ŸŒŸSparksy Mural๐ŸŒŸ
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
Subscribe to the Argyle tv service and watch the whole games rsther than just match day moments

Mork

Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
smudja":1hnzca8s said:
Subscribe to the Argyle tv service and watch the whole games rsther than just match day moments
Thanks smudja, can honestly say I didn't realise this exists.
Do you have the link?

Oct 16, 2016
Mork":3j8g6mab said:
Shankster":3j8g6mab said:
Emigration, my idea of a nightmare. Have travelled far and wide, haven't seen a place that rivals this part of the country

Shanks, I completely agree. My heart will always be here, sometimes life throws up things you least expect, circumstances allied with my wife being an Aussie dictates our move.

All the very best and I hope it provides a great future for you and your family. That's what matters most

Keepitgreen

๐Ÿ† Callum Wright 23/24
๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ช Welicar Donor
โ™ฃ๏ธ PACSA Member
โ™ฃ๏ธ Senior Greens
โœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
๐ŸŽซ S.T. Donor ๐ŸŽซ
๐Ÿš‘ Steve Hooper
โœจPasoti Donorโœจ
๐ŸŒŸSparksy Mural๐ŸŒŸ
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Mork":3usbq5n5 said:
smudja":3usbq5n5 said:
Do you have the link?
All the best with the move Mork.

The link you need is:

http://www.pafctv.co.uk

"The service is available without any geographic restrictions โ€“ wherever you are in the world, you can sign up and watch".

Mork

Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
Shankster":2iw45zjt said:
Mork":2iw45zjt said:
Shankster":2iw45zjt said:

All the very best and I hope it provides a great future for you and your family. That's what matters most
Thanks Shanks

Mork

Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
Keepitgreen":1nne1m3b said:
Mork":1nne1m3b said:
smudja":1nne1m3b said:
Do you have the link?
All the best with the move Mork.

The link you need is:

http://www.pafctv.co.uk

"The service is available without any geographic restrictions โ€“ wherever you are in the world, you can sign up and watch".
This is perfect, thank you!

Mork

Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
Metal_Green_Mickey":41nm1q5s said:
Good luck with the move.

I hope your last game is an enjoyable one and you get sent off with a win!
Thanks MGM, would be nice if it was a resounding easy home win, but that's not our way.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ
๐Ÿ† Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
โœ… Evergreen
โœจPasoti Donorโœจ
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Mork as an expat i wish you good luck in your venture, I think i have become much more of a fanatic about Argyle since the introduction of the Internet, when i lived in Plymouth up to the age of 16 the only time i thought of Argyle was game day, then when we moved to Canada my only way of getting any news was from the Sunday Independent and the Football Herald which arrived about 2 weeks after the game, i could get the BBC shortwave so i at least new the score but no details. Then along came the Internet, the very first thing i searched was Plymouth Argyle and then i was hooked and one of the first sites i saw was PASOTI, so that would be back around 1996, this was the first way i could get instant Argyle info without being in Plymouth.
Today we have video, live tv (stream), facebook, twitter etc. you will be in Australia but you will have instant news.

Enjoy Oz

Mork, you ask how Ottawa Green and I survive in your opening post ?

Good question !

I am only away for just under a year each trip - the academic year - so get home [Plymouth] for July and August each year.

The beginning of the season so catch 2 or 3 games before I return.

Yes, like most of the guys, I have modern technology to utilise and keep up-to-date with PAFC - Argyle Player, Pasoti, Match Moments, The Herald and Argyle Chat etc.

Yes, I DO miss the games and

The Britannia [my local] and my mates I meet before the game on Match Day.

BUT all these important things are NOT as big as the bigger picture - your are emigrating !

A new way of life, new environment, new this and that in Oz.

Sounds wonderful and I have shared my mate, Greeneagle's, experiences of living in Oz and tasted a little of it through him.

Mork, I wish you and the family all the luck in the world - Argyle will always be here !

And finally.......................

Keep the Faith :scarf:

Larry David

โœ… Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
cheshiregreen":yoromlcl said:
Speaking as an exile in the UK, you may find that you follow games more intently. Twitter, this site or whatever method you use it doesn't matter you want to follow every second as some sort of compensation for not being able to be there.

Others may be able to explain better, but because you aren't at Home Park on a Saturday, (most weeks for me) you still need the fix. I still try to schedule my life around Argyle even when I can't be there. Team news is usually out at 2pm Saturdays. No update on twitter for 2 minutes- what's happening? Whatever the score checking how long remains- can we equalise? Can we retain our lead? How many added minutes?

Then check out Brief Synopsis (sponsored by Goldbergs Solicitors) for the views of those lucky enough to be there (even when it was dreadful).

You will adapt but you will never lose the passion.

Glad I'm not alone CG, thanks for reaching out! you have just described my Saturday's/Tuesday nights to a tee! I find following on Twitter marginally less stressful than Soccer Saturday with the added bonus that if we score you can turn on SS and enjoy the handover to whoever is covering Argyle for the goal update. Try not to check on rivals progress until full time hoping to be pleasantly surprised and cushion the blow if we lose.

Think this could be our first AA meeting :D

Koala Green

โœ… Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
G'day Mork,

Welcome to OZ!

Firstly I get where you are coming from, you will miss Argyle a but not as much as you may think. However you cherish any visit back to the UK and build it around the fixture list! I still keep connected as much as possible to Argyle this includes:

Listening late nights or early mornings to the games on Argyle World Radio, waiting in anticipation 24 hours for Argyle 10 min highlights, Loving Matchday moments to give me that sens eof being there, reading the Herald every day, checking out Pasoti, and then surprisingly I will be seeing my 5th live game of the season for Argyle this year on TV in OZ (on ESPN or BE INSports channels). You'll miss the Saturday afternoon buzz which is uniquely England (Aussie sporting events do not have the tribal rivalry of football in England) with Final Score/ Gillette Soccer Saturday or 606 or watching Argyle. But there are enough football loving Poms to banter with and actually it is enjoyable to be sat in my shorts, flip flops by the pool in 30 degree heat listening to Argyle with a cold beer in hand while everyone in Home Park is freezing their t1ts off on a cold January evening!