Goodbye Argyle, thanks for the memories. | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Goodbye Argyle, thanks for the memories.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
They won't, they'd better not as I'm to Oz for a month!! :greensmile:

Good luck Mark, I'd be excited, think of all the new things you'll see and learn.

Plus, you have the advantage of being a member of this site. :thumbs:

Mork

๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
To all! :thumbs: I'm extremely humbled, from all the messages of good Will, none of whom I know personally. Wow the power of being a pilgrim And a big thanks to PASOTI, what a platform!
Thanks to all, my new life in NSW awaits, After reading all the posts, im feeling a bit better about it all. But I'm already planning my first holiday back.(in the footy season of course). :scarf:

Mork

Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
The Doctor":2p8tvbbp said:
How sorely tested will you be if Argyle end up at Wembley in the play-off final...?

Good luck down under.

Don't go there! Dodgy ground. :greensmile:

Jan 29, 2010
Hi Mork
Firstly enjoy tomorrow !!
You will love Oz, especially where you heading for its a wonderful place. I'm doing a road trip over there next Jan Feb March and April. Sydney to Cooktown then inland to Katherine and back out to Sothern NSW via Blue and Snowy moutains. So if you see a bloke looking like he needs a wash wearing an Argyle shirt in Forster, RUN cos thatll be me !!
Would be good to meet for a beer and chew some Argyle fat if you fancy it

Best of luck to you mate !!

Pete

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ
โœ… Evergreen
โœจPasoti Donorโœจ
๐ŸŒŸSparksy Mural๐ŸŒŸ
Sep 15, 2003
Mork":1b0xr1k5 said:
The Doctor":1b0xr1k5 said:
How sorely tested will you be if Argyle end up at Wembley in the play-off final...?

Good luck down under.

Don't go there! Dodgy ground. :greensmile:

About $2000 lighter in the bank account!

:lol:

llcoolgee

Mar 10, 2011
Melbourne
I've been out here (Australia) for 13 years and it's a pain, where Argyle is concerned. But, I really appreciate and cherish the very few occasions that we are actually live on TV - Wembley, being an exception!!
There is something quite quaint about waking up on a Sunday morning to check the results, hoping that your day is going to start off in a good way!
I've actually embraced the A-league, i've been a season ticket holder for 9 years with MelbourneVictory. Added to that, the fact that it's a summer league means that going to games in Shorts and T-shirts is a season long proposition and not just the reserve of the 1st weeks of the season back home :)
My daughter is growing up as a Victory fan, it being her local club.
Get around it, the standard, in the main is higher than league 2.

Hi Mork,

Welcome to the world of the Argyle exile. I've been an exile in the UK, then South Korea and now France.

Argyle are so important to me that only other people on this site can understand. However, there are other things that are more important in this life, especially family. As has already been mentioned, you become closer to Argyle in your absence, even though you think that's not possible. So long as you have an understanding partner, those late Saturdays and early Wednesday routines(S. Korea, not France) become part of your life blood. Argyle world, matchday thread, brief synopsis, bbc, twitter, matchday moments, facebook.....

However, the upside is you can discover a new side to the game. In Korea I supported Jeonbuk Motors winning the K league, in France last season I saw Dijon FCO get promoted and this season I've seen the likes of Monaco and PSG. By all accounts the Australian top division sounds quality.

I'm lucky now, I can pop back for games, I've seen six games this season, but I know what it's like to not be able to see one game in the season.

Good luck with your move and your new life. I'm sure you'll love it.

Mork

Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
Pete H":3uob89y6 said:
Hi Mork
Firstly enjoy tomorrow !!
You will love Oz, especially where you heading for its a wonderful place. I'm doing a road trip over there next Jan Feb March and April. Sydney to Cooktown then inland to Katherine and back out to Sothern NSW via Blue and Snowy moutains. So if you see a bloke looking like he needs a wash wearing an Argyle shirt in Forster, RUN cos thatll be me !!
Would be good to meet for a beer and chew some Argyle fat if you fancy it

Best of luck to you mate !!

Thanks Pete, absolutely, would love to meet up with a fellow pilgrim, will PM you with my email.
Cheers!
Pete

May 21, 2014
Yes us exiles get used to it after awhile! I've been in Toronto for 15 years now and follow Argyle as best I can from afar. You will hopefully connect with other greens out there. We have a small contingent here in Toronto and we were at wembley for the weekend last year.
Like llcoolgee discussed above, we have embraced the local league in Toronto FC. We made it to our own version of a cup final last year only to lose on penalties. We joked about us being a jinx. We have Mariner and Carver as ex managers and you just get into local football as its what you have but you always draw Argyle comparisons!
The true value of the pasoti community will hit you like a ton of bricks when Saturday comes. I don't bother on Tuesday anymore!
Good luck mate!

Mork

Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
John_Doe":159pbma4 said:
Hi Mork,

Welcome to the world of the Argyle exile. I've been an exile in the UK, then South Korea and now France.

Argyle are so important to me that only other people on this site can understand. However, there are other things that are more important in this life, especially family. As has already been mentioned, you become closer to Argyle in your absence, even though you think that's not possible. So long as you have an understanding partner, those late Saturdays and early Wednesday routines(S. Korea, not France) become part of your life blood. Argyle world, matchday thread, Brief Synopsis (sponsored by Goldbergs Solicitors), bbc, twitter, matchday moments, facebook.....

However, the upside is you can discover a new side to the game. In Korea I supported Jeonbuk Motors winning the K league, in France last season I saw Dijon FCO get promoted and this season I've seen the likes of Monaco and PSG. By all accounts the Australian top division sounds quality.

I'm lucky now, I can pop back for games, I've seen six games this season, but I know what it's like to not be able to see one game in the season.

Good luck with your move and your new life. I'm sure you'll love it.
Thanks John, supporting an Aussie side, doesn't appeal to me, I need to have heart involvement, this may change, fancy Aussie rules though.

Mork

Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
llcoolgee":2pmqa52y said:
I've been out here (Australia) for 13 years and it's a pain, where Argyle is concerned. But, I really appreciate and cherish the very few occasions that we are actually live on TV - Wembley, being an exception!!
There is something quite quaint about waking up on a Sunday morning to check the results, hoping that your day is going to start off in a good way!
I've actually embraced the A-league, i've been a season ticket holder for 9 years with MelbourneVictory. Added to that, the fact that it's a summer league means that going to games in Shorts and T-shirts is a season long proposition and not just the reserve of the 1st weeks of the season back home :)
My daughter is growing up as a Victory fan, it being her local club.
Get around it, the standard, in the main is higher than league 2.
Thanks for the info,
It's nice to know your enjoying supporting a side out there, can't get my head round that yet. Once I've settled in, I'll definitely check out my nearest club, wherever that is ? Possibly Central Coast.

Mork

Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
TORONTO PILGRIM":mjvta4u4 said:
Yes us exiles get used to it after awhile! I've been in Toronto for 15 years now and follow Argyle as best I can from afar. You will hopefully connect with other greens out there. We have a small contingent here in Toronto and we were at wembley for the weekend last year.
Like llcoolgee discussed above, we have embraced the local league in Toronto FC. We made it to our own version of a cup final last year only to lose on penalties. We joked about us being a jinx. We have Mariner and Carver as ex managers and you just get into local football as its what you have but you always draw Argyle comparisons!
The true value of the pasoti community will hit you like a ton of bricks when Saturday comes. I don't bother on Tuesday anymore!
Good luck mate!
Thanks mate appreciate it. It seems a common theme that people do get into the local footy scene, I'll give it a go & see what happens.

Jan 15, 2009
Plymouth, Devon
Hi Mork.

I left these shores for Australia 7 years ago, ironically from just up the road in ruan high lanes! Having grown up in the Cornish countryside it was quite eye opening moving the otherside of the world to a huge city like Sydney but i took no time falling in love with the place. As a country it has so much to offer and im sure once the total shock of the move has passed you'll settle and enjoy everything Australia has.

It was hard missing out on Argyle, doubly so because we we're going through our financial implosion at the time, but this website and the wonders of the internet kept me as close as i could be 22000 miles away! It is exciting waking up on a Sunday morning to check the scores overnight, and although the premier league is massive over there its nice educating the few about the proper teams in the fourth tier!

Good luck with the move, as a few have said their is more to life then argyle, but i fully appreciate the feeling of leaving it behind. You'll find out in no time youve left nothing behind because aside from not attending matches you'll still be a pilgrim.