Graham Carey | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Graham Carey

Nov 18, 2011
Carey will be mad to sign anything before the end of the season when other clubs can approach him. He won't be short of offers but if Argyle get promoted and he's still happy at Argyle then we would be in pole position to resign him.

It's important to consider that he'll be 28 at the end of the season, the next contract he signs will probably be the biggest and most important one of his entire career.

May 8, 2011
Joe Totale":3llddfq9 said:
Carey will be mad to sign anything before the end of the season when other clubs can approach him.He won't be short of offers but if Argyle get promoted and he's still happy at Argyle then we would be in pole position to resign him.

It's important to consider that he'll be 28 at the end of the season, the next contract he signs will probably be the biggest and most important one of his entire career.

He may have the same Agent as Reid!

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
Like an idiot I said on Twitter before the season that if we go up I'll get a Graham Carey tattoo. I'll look like a right male's genitals if I do and he leaves, so for my sake Argyle, give him whatever he wants.

Aug 15, 2008
He is the catalyst for this iteration of Argyle. Im sure that the club management have it all in hand. Either an improved deal or list of replacements.

He is a good player and im confident Adams has it under control. Lets face it its not rocket science.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Steve Evans":10dgc19k said:
oddball":10dgc19k said:
The Argyle board should make Carey an offer that he couldn't refuse and then look to build a dream team around him.The club can afford it. We have the second best home attendances in this division, which is even better than a lot of clubs in the league above,and our admission prices are not cheap,so yes the club can well afford it.Will the board be that forward thinking..I guess we'll find out in January.
how do you know the club can afford it please?

He doesn't have a clue Steve.

Comes out with wild statements because of his "anti" stance against anything and everything "James Brent".

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
HC Green":rlusfost said:
Joe Totale":rlusfost said:
Carey will be mad to sign anything before the end of the season when other clubs can approach him.He won't be short of offers but if Argyle get promoted and he's still happy at Argyle then we would be in pole position to resign him.

He may have the same Agent as Reid!

He's a super player, but can be inconsistent. A game changer at this level and possibly in League 1--- but I think Reid is a good example of where things can go wrong if a player (and their agent) starts to buy into their own hype. Carey doesn't hold all the aces and I really do think his best move is to stay part of the Argyle resurgence. Alternatively he could become a bit part player at another club.

May 21, 2015
Doubt he'll sign anything before the end of the season. If he does it'll be because we've been promoted. End of imo.

C

CornishGreenWhite

He's one of the best players outside the Championship, give that man whatever he wants & he'll go onto become a club legend.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
And the same was being said of Luke ahead of last year's frequent blunders. We have an awful lot of fans scouting League 1 in their spare time.

Carey displays impressive comfort while on the ball and a decent work rate, but wouldn't seem to have the physicality or do enough often enough given how much of the ball he sees, to be a regular in any team above L1.

Aug 5, 2016
Be realistic folks. The player is well above League Two standards. His agent is in his ear advising him to wait until the summer and see what kind of offers come in. Some will no doubt be Championship clubs offering double, if not more, than what Argyle can.

Carey is a terrific player and we have been blessed to have him for two seasons. But I will be surprised if he puts pen to paper after what he's proved - there will be far bigger horses in the race this time.

Maybe he likes Plymouth and loves working with Derek Adams, and understands the importance of enjoying football. But if this is the case (and wouldn't he have signed already if it was?), will it be enough to keep him here and turn down the inevitable larger offers that will be coming in? I really doubt it.

Mar 8, 2016
I honestly can't see Carey with us next season, he will get a much better deal else where unfortunately. I just hope he does wait until the summer and we don't sell him in Jan just to get a few quid as it would have a massive impact on our promotion chances.

Apr 1, 2009
Army green":s6fawtns said:
I honestly can't see Carey with us next season, he will get a much better deal else where unfortunately. I just hope he does wait until the summer and we don't sell him in Jan just to get a few quid as it would have a massive impact on our promotion chances.

I don't think there is any way we will sell him "just to get a few quid". If, however, Carey's head is turned by interest elsewhere and he actually wants to go, we would face the choice of accepting some money, or holding a possibly disillusioned player to his contract.