Greatest Day Ever At Home Park | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Greatest Day Ever At Home Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 3, 2013
IJN":nqyj2mpg said:
Nothing comes near that 3-1 Colchester for me.

THE best football game I've witnessed in 48 years of supporting PAFC.

For those that care about such things it was my 48th anniversary yesterday. :greensmile:

Kinsella's goal in the first leg and bauldy set that night up from the moment the final whistle went at layer road.
Welcome to hell, trigger sprinting clear and volleying the ball past the keeper started a fabulous evening, Kinsella repeating his first leg screamer and of course Chalky scoring that decisive goal to send us through.
I still remember to this day being hit by about 100 coins as we celebrated on the pitch, the groundsman must have made a fortune when he cleared it all the next day.
That to me beat the buzz of securing beating QPR as we were going up anyway.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
IJN":ccfgeb8i said:
Nothing comes near that 3-1 Colchester for me.

THE best football game I've witnessed in 48 years of supporting PAFC.

For those that care about such things it was my 48th anniversary yesterday. :greensmile:

Yep - me too. Even better than the QPR game which was pretty special.

Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
Yes I agree nothing beat that night beating Colchester 3-1 in the play offs semi final and the joy of the final whistle and running on the pitch from the old Lyndhurst stand

We are going to Wembley !!!!!

Good Times :scarf:

Jun 16, 2006
The Bristol City game edges others for me as it came at the end of an amazing season of highs and lows that would include fair few from a top 10 . Decent first half of season ending with "Reading away" and the January slump that followed (with the classic Cardif 4-4 on NYD) through to abject loss at Newport when Sunday Indy put tombstone with pilgrims promotion 85/6 RIP, before a recovery (another classic 4-1 vs Derby) and the return of King Tommy leading to 9 wins in a row before another crushing low at Wigan. The last week recovery Bolton 4-1, Blackpool 3-1 before Brizzle

Only downside was not getting to do "a Peterboro" to Darlington on the final Saturday.

Nov 28, 2014
24th September 1966 v Crystal Palace (won 1-0). It was my first first team game (I had seen a reserve game around 1963). The smell of pipe tobacco in the Devonport End, the pre-match 60's music and seeing Andy Nelson who looked old enough to be my Granddad against (to me aged 12) the exotically named Crystal Palace is still as fresh in my memory as it was all those years ago. If something can ever be love at first sight this was mine - apologies to the boss (Mrs).

Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
Another Great Day At home park - 20th August 1985 My 1st ever match at Home park - Argyle Vs Exeter City Milk cup 1st Round 1st Leg 2-0 Win

Standing in the mayflower enclosure brings back happy memories

Good Times :scarf:

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Ottawa Green":26yvo565 said:
1. Plymouth Argyle 1 Tottenham Hotspur 5 Jan 27 1962 Att. 40,040

Anderson

3 weeks earlier

2. Plymouth Argyle 3 West Ham United 0 Jan 5 1962 Att. 27,534

Carter, Williams, Maloy
Similar era.
1. 27 December 1960 Argyle 6 Charlton 4 with Wilf Carter getting 5 of Argyle's goals
2. That West Ham game
3. 22 August 1962 Argyle 7 Preston 1 (Johnny Williams, Wilf Carter 2, Mickey Lill 2 and Jim McAnearney 2)
4. The Colchester game in the play-offs. Wonderful atmosphere. I had met Dave Basset in the services at Exeter on my way down from Wiltshire. He was working for the media and asked me who he should look out for. I told him I reckoned that Mickey Evans could play at a higher level - then three minutes after the start ...........

Although the Spurs result above doesn't look good in terms of atmosphere and entertainment it was a truly great day, the last time more than 40,000 packed into Home Park. It should be remembered that there was very little TV coverage so the only way to see great teams was to buy a ticket.

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
LG":2il8i63b said:
the Bristol city game in 1985/86.
Changed the course of my life.

This has to be my No: 1 as although a regular by then this is where I really caught the ARGYLE Bug,
I remember climbing the fence at the start of injury time & umbrella Vie hitting out with her brolley as we were blocking her view. My younger brother was struggling to climb the fence so 2or 3 blokes grabbed him & litterly threw him over the fence. What a Day that was No: 2 QPR

and NO:3 Wembley

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Argyle Nutter":xllbklpb said:
LG":xllbklpb said:
the Bristol city game in 1985/86.
Changed the course of my life.

This has to be my No: 1 as although a regular by then this is where I really caught the ARGYLE Bug,
I remember climbing the fence at the start of injury time & umbrella Vie hitting out with her brolley as we were blocking her view. My younger brother was struggling to climb the fence so 2or 3 blokes grabbed him & litterly threw him over the fence. What a Day that was No: 2 QPR

and NO:3 Wembley

Bristol City!! :scarf:
Didn't Tommy get the ball and go clear just past the halfway line?? Remember wondering if he'd make it! Had never seen him run that far!! But, fair dos, he went on to score.
I thought then: That is what it is to be a pro; clear, with the ball, crowd making hell of a racket, defenders chasing back, keeper advancing .. and you have to score!! Wow!! :nworthy:

Nov 2, 2004
Most have been mentioned,just like to add League cup semi finals v Leicester and Man Ciity.The Man City game was brilliant on an awful pitch.Great goal from Steve Davey.Johny Hore demolished anything that came near him.

Sep 15, 2010
Plympton
Difficult to pick out one from 44 years.......Recent times clearly not happy but 2004 v QPR was a good game to win! But for obvious reasons my very first one at Home Park.....not the score, Argyle lost 2-1 to Torquay United, 20,810 for a Third Division game.......I was hooked, never looked back. Some fourteen months later .....revenge( :scarf: ) Argyle 6 Torquay United 0.....now that's another story!

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
ealinggreen":34sa4aff said:
Most have been mentioned,just like to add League cup semi finals v Leicester and Man Ciity.The Man City game was brilliant on an awful pitch.Great goal from Steve Davey.Johny Hore demolished anything that came near him.
And due to the political situation, most of the people at the Man City game had either taken a day off work or thrown a sickie?

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
memory man":3b8b77l0 said:
ealinggreen":3b8b77l0 said:
And due to the political situation, most of the people at the Man City game had either taken a day off work or thrown a sickie?

Or school if you don't mind :)

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
cheshiregreen":jjrhaeqj said:
memory man":jjrhaeqj said:
ealinggreen":jjrhaeqj said:

Or school if you don't mind :)
Oops, forgot that angle. Maximum respect for getting off school was probably more difficult challenge than for those that were supposed to be at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.