Kelle Roos joins on an emergency loan (ball over the line?) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Kelle Roos joins on an emergency loan (ball over the line?)

Do you think ball was over the line v Gillingham?

• Yes

Votes: 51 40.2%
  • No

Votes: 65 51.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 11 8.7%

• Total voters
Jul 29, 2010
chunkymonkey78":2ypnlu69 said:
Steve Evans":2ypnlu69 said:
chunkymonkey78":2ypnlu69 said:
Didn't look over from where I was stood.
you must have been in the away end mate.

Nah. Behind the goal in the Devonport.
Jeez, it'd have to have been about two foot over the line for you to have seen it from there :funny:

From the Grandstand halfway between the half way and the Demport, THE perfect angle and elevation as it happened, unobscuredby post or keeper, there was clear green grass between the back of the ball and the back of the line.

Not a single soul in the vicinity thought anything but but it being a clear goal. Not Roy Carroll proportions but at least half a balls width clear of the line.

As said, it doesn't matter now, but the Demport is the worst place to make a definitive judgement from.

Jul 6, 2009
I thought it looked over the line when I watched it live. About time we had some luck. Roos settled well after the incident and had a good game. However I was more impressed with the Gillingham keeper- how tall was he!

Feb 23, 2008
X Isle":3kxqn4qr said:
chunkymonkey78":3kxqn4qr said:
Steve Evans":3kxqn4qr said:
chunkymonkey78":3kxqn4qr said:
Didn't look over from where I was stood.
you must have been in the away end mate.

Nah. Behind the goal in the Devonport.
Jeez, it'd have to have been about two foot over the line for you to have seen it from there :funny:

From the Grandstand halfway between the half way and the Demport, THE perfect angle and elevation as it happened, unobscuredby post or keeper, there was clear green grass between the back of the ball and the back of the line.

Not a single soul in the vicinity thought anything but but it being a clear goal. Not Roy Carroll proportions but at least half a balls width clear of the line.

As said, it doesn't matter now, but the Demport is the worst place to make a definitive judgement from.

I beg to differ, i'd say there are worse views in the ground? Slightly elevated view and a few seats to one side of the goal, had a pretty good view, and while those around me all agreed we would say so, we also agreed it was bloody close but it didn't fully cross.

Look at the reaction of their fella following up the shot, half assed appeal then head down running back.

If he would have seen that go fully over he'd have gone mental surely?

Jul 29, 2010
He had no support from colleagues because none of his team mates were up with him and the lino indicated no goal immediately. What's he gonna do, start a one man dirty protest :shock:

It's a moot point now, it wasn't given. But it was over the line.

Oct 14, 2015
I was in block 6 seat 168 in the Lynhurst so basically in line with the goal and right away I said to the bloke behind me " that was a goal". However irrelevant now, not given move on ...agree about their keeper. He was bloody huge....

Nov 22, 2016
Everybody in the top half of block 9 have agreed to put the Lino firmly on the christmas card list....stone wall goal from my view! :lol:

ping g5

šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Dec 20, 2005
It looked over the line from Demport End, it looked over the line on the highlight on Sky and I would say, reading between the line from the Roos comments in the Herald (i.e. a lack of denial) that the keeper knows it was over as well. Anyway, dem's da breaks and as some have said about time something goes are way.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I must be missing something. Iā€™ve watched the highlights about 20 times and I donā€™t think it went over.

If it did, then it was by millimetres and the officials couldnā€™t possibly have seen it without goal line technology.

Also agree that the Devonport is not the best angle to make a judgement from.

Feb 17, 2017
Biggs":1upgt34s said:
I must be missing something. Iā€™ve watched the highlights about 20 times and I donā€™t think it went over.

If it did, then it was by millimetres and the officials couldnā€™t possibly have seen it without goal line technology.

Also agree that the Devonport is not the best angle to make a judgement from.

Completely agree, Iā€™ve watched it numerous times they even put it on slow mo on goal rush and categorically say it wasnā€™t over the line, I think people see what they want to see, once match day moments are out I expect written apologies ;)

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
The YouTube highlights are now up, in which you can easily freeze the action. The Sky site doesnā€™t let you do that.

Edit.... 99% sure the ball was NOT all the way over the line. And if it was, there is absolutely no way the officials could say with any certainty that it was, given that Iā€™ve looked at the replay 20 times and still donā€™t think it was over.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
The bounce of the ball is deceiving either way. Did it bounce up and therefore on the line or did it bounce towards the goal and over the line?

Oct 31, 2015
Biggs":fakmw3wq said:
The YouTube highlights are now up, in which you can easily freeze the action. The Sky site doesnā€™t let you do that.

Edit.... 99% sure the ball was NOT all the way over the line. And if it was, there is absolutely no way the officials could say with any certainty that it was, given that Iā€™ve looked at the replay 20 times and still donā€™t think it was over.

Arent opinions strange. I thought when it happened ir was over and looking at all the highlights I still think it was over when it was in the air.

Probably our first bit of luck in a long time and if the shoe had been on the other foot a lot us would have been screaming for a goal.

Feel for the Gills fans twice in 2 games. Goal line technology should be available in all prof leagues now.

Anyway Roos did well yesterday

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
I know it was his debut for us but he looked nervous with a mistake or several in him all game.
For such a big guy he didn't come for crosses either.
Gills keeper looked good and was massive

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
I thought it went over for about a second, and I expected a flag but the linemen made a mistake, but this is what happens when there is no technology.

Also has Luke aggrevated his injury when he played, was he rushed back a bit soon then? Hope he's not out for too long again.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Jul 28, 2010
samjones":1ckilzbv said:
...Gills keeper looked good and was massive

vulnerable down to his right though wasn't he? :lol: :cool: