Kits and season tickets. (kit now in stock) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Kits and season tickets. (kit now in stock)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
1N0S9hF.png

Jul 29, 2010
up_the_line":1sjirf6f said:
Phoned. Pre ordered for collection over the phone. No fiver for postage.
Therefore;
1.) shirts are still available to pre order.
2.) you can avoid the unnecessary postage charge if you live locally

Would have been good if this was an option online but glad that the club can actually provide this option
Good stuff, makes sense.

...all I would observe is whilst it's CALLED a pre-order at HP, there's no team of minions at Puma busying themselves to get your shirt over to Blighty. Any "pre-order" made now is just going to be one less on the shelf for the 'footfall' to buy.

You've 'looked after yourself' and I don't blame you for doing so, it's exactly what I did in May. However if lots of people did this (ie. after the inital order went in and was turned round, as it has been now) it won't help Argyle maximise profit from that initial order, they'll just run out quicker.

Mar 14, 2009
I'm still pondering whether to buy the white top now or wait until hopefully someone in my family buys it for my birthday.

The white kit looks great. The green looks fine but not quite as stylish. Maybe that's due to the retro element.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
X Isle":3evknmhi said:
up_the_line":3evknmhi said:
Phoned. Pre ordered for collection over the phone. No fiver for postage.
Therefore;
1.) shirts are still available to pre order.
2.) you can avoid the unnecessary postage charge if you live locally

Would have been good if this was an option online but glad that the club can actually provide this option
Good stuff, makes sense.

...all I would observe is whilst it's CALLED a pre-order at HP, there's no team of minions at Puma busying themselves to get your shirt over to Blighty. Any "pre-order" made now is just going to be one less on the shelf for the 'footfall' to buy.

You've 'looked after yourself' and I don't blame you for doing so, it's exactly what I did in May. However if lots of people did this (ie. after the inital order went in and was turned round, as it has been now) it won't help Argyle maximise profit from that initial order, they'll just run out quicker.
Barnsley's kits are Puma as well and they've sold out a couple of times already apparently, but they also said they needed to give the initial numbers nearly a year ago, so it might not make that much difference at all.

Jul 29, 2010
That'd be the contractural minimum guaranteed order, probably agreed longer ago than a year in our case as we're in year 3 of our hancuffs Puma contract.

Pre-orders provide the club with a heads up on demand so they can increase that minimum order to meet increased demand. The lower the pre-orders we made then the closer to the minimum order it'll be. The higher the pre-orders we made the larger the order Argyle would've put in ABOVE the guaranteed minimum.

If there wasn't a big uplift in usual pre-order numbers (which would've been pretty low given the gash change kits Puma have provided recently) then there will be a lot of people on waiting lists, possibly before the season even kicks off.

All entirely preventable, if you wanted one, you should've pre-ordered one.

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
Slightly off topic and apologies if mentioned elsewhere, but in The 'Erald there is an article about Plymouth Parkway's new kit. Not only does it look pretty good, but it was designed and manufactured by Plymouth company Swaz.

Food for thought when the Puma contract runs out?

Mar 14, 2009
Lousy_Pint":39fcuany said:
Slightly off topic and apologies if mentioned elsewhere, but in The 'Erald there is an article about Plymouth Parkway's new kit. Not only does it look pretty good, but it was designed and manufactured by Plymouth company Swaz.

Food for thought when the Puma contract runs out?

Maybe something to do with all the other parts of the kit we require, like training tops for example, as to why we need a "brand name" to manufacture the complete lot.

The quality of materials which these companies use to for professional athletes might be another reason. Or maybe just the mass amount of kits we require on order, at a given time.

I'm guessing we signed up to a contract which a local company just cant compete with financially.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Doncaster Rovers new kit is made by FBT. They made a bid last time for the PAFC gig.

_89085631_4d4f746c-d73e-435c-a892-fa40cdd300d7.jpg

They also made the Argyle Legends kit v Man Utd.

3801955-large.png

M

Monkey Nuts

Slightly different angle, just wondering if anyone knows which colour keepers top is likely to be the main home kit this season? Have seen a white and a black mock up, but don't know which is the home one.

Jul 29, 2010
Monkey Nuts":3rvjs9u9 said:
Slightly different angle, just wondering if anyone knows which colour keepers top is likely to be the main home kit this season? Have seen a white and a black mock up, but don't know which is the home one.
Well as he can't be in white when we're playing in our change kit it can only be black away, white at home.

M

Monkey Nuts

X Isle":2gc27zhf said:
Monkey Nuts":2gc27zhf said:
Well as he can't be in white when we're playing in our change kit it can only be black away, white at home.
Haha how very dumb of me!!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The pink third one will probably be used as well. That's a shocker.