Kits and season tickets. (kit now in stock) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Kits and season tickets. (kit now in stock)

Jul 29, 2010
On the subject of alternative manufacturers I worry that Argyle will take the lazy option and renew with Puma or A.N,Other global megabrand. It's too easy to just get the whole package from one company.

That's great for convenience, but like any convenience product, you pay for it. Margins will be lower and when you want something from them it doesn't come quickly and you have to order a lot to make it 'worthwhile' for them.

That's not how the 'customer comes first' dynamic is supposed to work.

Take Parkway's local manufacturer and our inevitable impending sell out of the change shirts. If we were with them we'd be a huge contract for them, worth busting a gut for. Would they say "don't call us 'til you've got a list of a thousand names" or would they pay overtime, work throufh the night and get the new shirts round the next day?

Also, next season, they wouldn't toss us a swatch list and tell us to take our pick. We could go to them with what we want and they'd do it.

The training kit and leisurewear they could probably do too but anything they couldn't wr've got the owner of Saltrock sitting upstairs.

It all makes head banging sense to maximise profit and minimise the inflexibility and dictatorship instinct of the supplier and go smaller. But like I say, I reckon they'll take the easy, lazy option :roll:

M

Monkey Nuts

IJN":9ddxcify said:
The pink third one will probably be used as well. That's a shocker.
Hadn't seen a pink one, but I'm guessing it won't go on general sale anyway.
I'll be opening up a can of worms if I get my lad the wrong colour :-s

Jul 29, 2010
Monkey Nuts":cg9hb76x said:
IJN":cg9hb76x said:
You'll also get no thanks from Mrs. Nuts from sending him down the park all winter in a white keepers top :shock:

M

Monkey Nuts

X Isle":1gn4btdw said:
Monkey Nuts":1gn4btdw said:
IJN":1gn4btdw said:
You'll also get no thanks from Mrs. Nuts from sending him down the park all winter in a white keepers top :shock:
Haha I'd still get grief even if the kit was brown with streaks of green in it!

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
X Isle":2w56h5aw said:
On the subject of alternative manufacturers I worry that Argyle will take the lazy option and renew with Puma or A.N,Other global megabrand. It's too easy to just get the whole package from one company.

That's great for convenience, but like any convenience product, you pay for it. Margins will be lower and when you want something from them it doesn't come quickly and you have to order a lot to make it 'worthwhile' for them.

Take Parkway's local manufacturer and our inevitable impending sell out of the change shirts. If we were with them we'd be a huge contract for them, worth busting a gut for. Would they say "don't call us 'til you've got a list of a thousand names" or would they pay overtime, work throufh the night and get the new shirts round the next day?

Also, next season, they wouldn't toss us a swatch list and tell us to take our pick. We could go to them with what we want and they'd do it.

The training kit and leisurewear they could probably do too but anything they couldn't wr've got the owner of Saltrock sitting upstairs.

It all makes head banging sense to maximise profit and minimise the inflexibility and dictatorship instinct of the supplier and go smaller. But like I say, I reckon they'll take the easy, lazy option :roll:
Rick did say at the Truro friendly that if we thought that this years kits were popular then wait for next years! I guess there may not be so much fan participation next season then!

Jul 29, 2010
LG":2y7wqpwp said:
X Isle":2y7wqpwp said:

Rick did say at the Truro friendly that if we thought that this years kits were popular then wait for next years! I guess there may not be so much fan participation next season then!
Interesting, unless the fan panel chose that too. I think i'm right in saying we are free of the Puma contract next season so maybe their first choice had to be delayed for a year because Puma looked at it and said no.

Wishful thinking, you're probably right :sad:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
According to the official website club shop it says kits are in stock but I haven't seen a separate announcement anywhere.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
X Isle":1dvf1lyz said:

It is not just about sales to fans via the club shop. The kit deal will include how much the club gets shirts from the manufacturer for its own use. We don't know what that figure is. A local firm might well go out of its way to complete an order but from the clubs point of view, that is financially unacceptable if they have to pay a higher price for the hundreds of shirts they use themselves.

Aug 2, 2011
Cannot find any info on the club site re when season tickets are due to be posted to members does anyone have any idea? The thought of waiting couple of hours for a telephone call to the club to be answerd does not appeal!

May 16, 2005
Elburton
PL2 3DQ":1b6kehd4 said:
According to the official website club shop it says kits are in stock but I haven't seen a separate announcement anywhere.

I had a call from the shop yesterday informing me that my shirts have arrived.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
Presto":3pt40v3d said:
Cannot find any info on the club site re when season tickets are due to be posted to members does anyone have any idea? The thought of waiting couple of hours for a telephone call to the club to be answerd does not appeal!

I was told "the end of the week". I see on twitter that the fixtures list that gets sent with the season tickets has arrived so I'd imagine either today or tomorrow.