Liverpool away confirmed - On BT Sport Sunday 8 January 1.30 | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Liverpool away confirmed - On BT Sport Sunday 8 January 1.30

Dec 13, 2013
I am confident we will beat Newport and face Liverpool in round 3, but but hope it does not prove to be a distraction from the league and cost us some valuable points over the busy festive period. Not that we could do any worse than we have for the last 3 leagues games but I remain forever faithful and confident in Derek & the boys.

Feb 2, 2007
Here's the plan- beat Newport (and mock Westley)

30,000 crowd- 50% share of reduced ticket price, say average £25 x15,000 = £375k
Not on telly though
£27k from winning Newport game
Other endorsements £50k

Minus costs, travel arrangement, match day stuff, maybe £50k

Should clear around £400k still- pretty tidy for January kitty

Liverpool field kids, like last season, we scrape a draw

Another £400k bc replay is on telly

Dream scenario- 800k, a few better reinforcements in Jan window

Promotion here we come

A

ArgyleAndy

Whoever wins the replay, i've got a feeling this fixture could be moved to the 2pm Sunday slot that tends to happen in this competition.

Mar 14, 2009
oddball":2bzjs7yz said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":2bzjs7yz said:
Dont know what to think.

On one hand you want to be excited. This might be my one and only chance to see Argyle at Anfield.

On the other we are playing a team who Westley has improved vastly in terms of results, on a pitch that will suit their style.

Argyle do have a tremendous away record. Game on.

so you'll be cheering the greens on at Newport then...

Erm, yeah,...won't you?

If you mean my comment about watching them at Anfield then as a season ticket holder and knowing Argyle get 20% of the ticket share (might be more) l know l would be guaranteed a ticket.

May 1, 2011
Quintrell_Green":ie2gtjk5 said:
Fantastic draw for the club, which will fill Argyle's coffers nicely. If we 'park the bus' there is a faint chance of a draw and the prospect of even more monies from the replay at Home Park. I wonder if the TV broadcast company will take the Anfield game?

You do realise we have an incredibly tricky replay don't you?

Jan 12, 2009
54000 capacity, we get 15 per cent of tickets if we won at Newport so should be able take around 8000 green army there, what a day it could be

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Metal_Green_Mickey":39w4a8hh said:
derbygreen":39w4a8hh said:
I wouldn't get carried away with anything. Newport first and then we'll see

Exactly.

Otherwise, we are going to have a lot of angry fans on here come next Tuesday night.

Do you mean the Plymouth based Liverpool fans who will be disappointed that they can't bunk in with the Green Army on coaches? :)

Apr 29, 2016
nick_PASTIE":2ewqz7qy said:

30,000 crowd- 50% share of reduced ticket price, say average £25 x15,000 = £375k
Not on telly though
Other endorsements £50k

Promotion here we come

Think that you've undercooked the income. There were over 43,000 for the Exeter replay at Anfield. Just got to get there now!!

Dec 22, 2010
north devon
nick_PASTIE":29rhvlzp said:

Not on telly though
Other endorsements £50k

I think we only get a third of gate money after expenses with FA getting a third

Promotion here we come

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Quintrell_Green":36hoxwqz said:
Fantastic draw for the club, which will fill Argyle's coffers nicely. If we 'park the bus' there is a faint chance of a draw and the prospect of even more monies from the replay at Home Park. I wonder if the TV broadcast company will take the Anfield game?
You do get the news down at Newquay don't you?

Just in case you don't, we could only draw against a team at the bottom of the Football League who played with 10 men for 70 minutes and now face a very difficult replay which has 2-0 to Newport written all over it with people blaming the pitch, the Referee and Westley's horrible, cheating tactics. The golden chance we had to beat them on Saturday will be conveniently forgotten.

We will need a lot of guts and a strong nerve to beat a pumped-up Westley team, especially with what's at stake with a trip to Anfield. But when I look at our team - Bradley apart - I don't see much in the way of grit and determination.

We also need to score a goal, something which is beyond us at present.