Liverpool away confirmed - On BT Sport Sunday 8 January 1.30 | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Liverpool away confirmed - On BT Sport Sunday 8 January 1.30

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The Liverpool press are reporting the game as "Reds at home to minnows".

Liverpool have played against Plymouth 10 times - all in the Second Division - between 1954-62, and have won five, drawn three and lost two but have never encountered Newport in a competitive fixture.

Link

Sep 28, 2003
London
Daz":3be6hqz5 said:
Andy Holland":3be6hqz5 said:
A lot of very arrogant posting on here - we couldn't beat Newport on Saturday, it's certainly NOT a given we'll beat them up there.

All the focus should be on the replay and none of it on the third round, which we aren't even in at the moment.

So we aren't allowed to talk about the potential game just because doom mongers like you and several notable others don't like it?

Squawk away about a game we aren't currently in all you like - my point is that this level of assumption that we're in the third round already is grossly arrogant and stupid.

And r.e. your bitchy "doom-monger" comment - wind your neck in, I didn't say I thought we'd lose, I said we haven't won a game we haven't played yet, get your head out of your proverbial.

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
Cobi Budge":20uzbt5w said:
Monster Green":20uzbt5w said:
I would much prefer them to be up for promotion than to be up for a one off game that means nothing

Eh?

Do you now realise how much money we'd get from this that'd possibly help our promotion push?

Need to win.

Need to win. Maybe. But it's for the wrong reasons that some players and fans want Liverpool away. Or any plum tie away. Is it better off in the long run to concentrate on the league, and not just concentrate on getting the players up for a game that will just give the club some cash. Priorities just seem wrong to me. And I'm not overly excited about giving DA a wad of cash either in January at this moment in time. We've been poor all season, sitting top (granted) and as soon as we wobble we don't have the character to bounce back.

Feeling quite glum as an Argyle fan at the mo, that's all

Feb 2, 2007
PL2 3DQ":3ksf8fh1 said:
The Liverpool press are reporting the game as "Reds at home to minnows".

Liverpool have played against Plymouth 10 times - all in the Second Division - between 1954-62, and have won five, drawn three and lost two but have never encountered Newport in a competitive fixture.

Link

Arrogant Liverpool fans, come on Andy H get on their forum and give them "what for"- Newport have after all got a proud pedigree, a "class act" of a manager, and if Newport get a draw they will entertain Liverpool on one of the finest surfaces in the world in front of an incredible, fervent-like atmosphere.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
IF (a big if) we can reach Round 3, Everton are drawn at home so one of the games will probably be switched to the Sunday or even potentially Friday night.

Feb 2, 2007
It would have been bad to lose to Newport but now it's Very bad for club morale if we lose v Newport now. I doubt we would recover the season from that debacle.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Andy Holland":1iq20sr2 said:
Daz":1iq20sr2 said:
Andy Holland":1iq20sr2 said:
A lot of very arrogant posting on here - we couldn't beat Newport on Saturday, it's certainly NOT a given we'll beat them up there.

All the focus should be on the replay and none of it on the third round, which we aren't even in at the moment.

So we aren't allowed to talk about the potential game just because doom mongers like you and several notable others don't like it?

Squawk away about a game we aren't currently in all you like - my point is that this level of assumption that we're in the third round already is grossly arrogant and stupid.

And r.e. your bitchy "doom-monger" comment - wind your neck in, I didn't say I thought we'd lose, I said we haven't won a game we haven't played yet, get your head out of your proverbial.

You started the insults to people getting excited about the prospect of the game. We can always rely on you to drop the level of excitement though pal, I'm sure everyone needed to be reminded that we had a replay to play first.. :thumbs:

Sep 28, 2003
London
Daz":2jwgb825 said:
Andy Holland":2jwgb825 said:
Daz":2jwgb825 said:
Andy Holland":2jwgb825 said:

You started the insults to people getting excited about the prospect of the game. We can always rely on you to drop the level of excitement though pal, I'm sure everyone needed to be reminded that we had a replay to play first.. :thumbs:

I didn't target anyone - that was all you, pal. Still, keep on with your snidey comments if that's what makes you happy.

And it seems some people DO need reminding there's a replay to win first.

Dec 27, 2004
Bidford on Avon
I think people are peeved that our failure to really go for it and playing safe in the first match could cost us ~500K or more.

We're still in it, but would be nicer to be sitting here knowing we had that match. That's a season defining match now.

Anyway we are still in it.

COME ON ARGYLE!

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
That's Typical Argo for you. I said Man U away so was fairly close.

Trust us to have fcuk3d it up against 10 man bottom of the League Newport on Saturday.

Everyone on here saying this is just the incentive we need - well that works 2 ways and its the same for Newport who will already have their tails up after holding us at home with a man down.

Our luck has certainly changed around in recent weeks so lets hope we get a break and squeeze through this replay as the income is crucial to our promotion chances given our depleted CF situation.

It would even pay for BADwillies taxi back to Scotland

May 1, 2011
Daz":1x0l5m0o said:
Andy Holland":1x0l5m0o said:

Doom and gloom or as those us in the real world say, reality. There is a saying in my industry don't spend what you haven't earnt yet.

Jan 3, 2013
What everyone is forgetting is that if we'd beaten Newport, we'd have been given a different numbered ball!

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Bristol Rich":g8uv6x2k said:
Daz":g8uv6x2k said:
Andy Holland":g8uv6x2k said:

Doom and gloom or as those us in the real world say, reality. There is a saying in my industry don't spend what you haven't earnt yet.

Ah I was waiting for 'reality', thanks Rich. No one on here considering the potential lives in the real world. Glad you're here to point out the error of our ways.