Memo to Mr Brent and the board ! | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Memo to Mr Brent and the board !

Mar 14, 2009
GreenThing":1hl1a35g said:
Martyn":1hl1a35g said:
So Adams does not have a clue, really.

Do you honestly believe that. He does have a clue, more than me and you

We're in the shyte and Adams is doing what needs to be done to get us out of the shyte. It's not pretty and people are up$$ed off because of a defeat, but we are narrowing the gap to safety which must be the prime target for the end of the season. It's not pretty, but due to the situation we are in, it has to be done.

Just seen Kenny Jacket on Goal Rush and he was very complimentary about us. I think some people a desperate for entertainment that whey can't appreciate the job that needs doing and a are blind to
A job done rather than an entertaining game. Unfortunately, the position we are in, we cannot afford to sacrifice points for entertainment. Today didn't go as planned due to a goalkeeping error, but form over the last 10 matches show that we can dig in and get out of this mess.

Not desperate for entertainment at all. If the best Argyle can hope for is employ a manager who sticks 11 men behind the ball, don't even then defend well by stopping the opposition having decent chances and yet then insists we are too attacking then really we really are a club destined never to be more than a yo-yo league 1/2 outfit.

I'm annoyed at the quality of the football. Passing and crossing. How many times do we waste good situations for passes and crosses to go astray?

I annoyed at the lack of intent to actually try and score a goal. How many shots on target today? How many times we constantly saying about the lack of any shots on goal?

I'm annoyed at the fact we employ the same tactics at the start of games and give most oppositions teams the initiative against us for the opening half of the match.

You say we can dig in and get out of this mess because of the last 10 games. Which of those games have we lost the lead and then come back in to get anything out of a game? Isn't that slightly worrying that if we don't score first we don't take anything from a match?

Also Ā£20 a match / Ā£300+ for a season ticket isn't cheap. Aren't we as fans entitled to think we should take some enjoyment out of a match, apart from the result? Which basically is the only thing you can enjoy currently from Adams side!

We were playing this same style when we got promoted last season. Doesn't matter whether its a promotion or relegation battle the style wont change so the argument that we are digging in doesn't really wash because he would set up the same way if we were currently 12th in league one.

Sheridan was criticised for the similar faults and I don't think its an injustice that the argument for Adams to be dismissed is out there given than most of us were relived to see the back of Sheridan for dull, negative and uninspiring football.

Aug 5, 2016
Ade the green":3ikebvjj said:
GreenThing":3ikebvjj said:
Martyn":3ikebvjj said:

We're in the shyte and Adams is doing what needs to be done to get us out of the shyte. It's not pretty and people are up$$ed off because of a defeat, but we are narrowing the gap to safety which must be the prime target for the end of the season. It's not pretty, but due to the situation we are in, it has to be done.

Just seen Kenny Jacket on Goal Rush and he was very complimentary about us. I think some people a desperate for entertainment that whey can't appreciate the job that needs doing and a are blind to
A job done rather than an entertaining game. Unfortunately, the position we are in, we cannot afford to sacrifice points for entertainment. Today didn't go as planned due to a goalkeeping error, but form over the last 10 matches show that we can dig in and get out of this mess.

We lost. Kenny Jacket can be as complimentary as he likes whilst heā€™s pi$$ing himself laughing that we were actually promoted last season with Pompey.

Pompey can afford far better paid players than us, including I'd imagine, stepping in to offer more than we could for Matty Kennedy's wages.

They brought Stuart O'Keefe off the bench today, a player who would walk into our side.

It's no shame that Argyle can't match Pompey's season, neither can Doncaster.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
GreenThing":v97o0mge said:
Ade the green":v97o0mge said:
Look out League 1.

Plymouth Argyle are 24th, with a minus 14 goal difference and the worst disciplinary record so farā€¦ ā€¦ WEā€™VE GOT YOU JUST WHERE WE NEEDED YOU!!!!!!!!!! Apparently

Yep, counteract with sarcasm. Every few games we are closer to safety. If this continues the job done.

Are you saying I canā€™t be sarcastic?

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Knibbsworth":9p9hxm2c said:
Ade the green":9p9hxm2c said:
GreenThing":9p9hxm2c said:
Martyn":9p9hxm2c said:

We lost. Kenny Jacket can be as complimentary as he likes whilst heā€™s pi$$ing himself laughing that we were actually promoted last season with Pompey.

Pompey can afford far better paid players than us, including I'd imagine, stepping in to offer more than we could for Matty Kennedy's wages.

They brought Stuart O'Keefe off the bench today, a player who would walk into our side.

It's no shame that Argyle can't match Pompey's season, neither can Doncaster.

Any league 1 player can walk into our side as with only a few exceptions we donā€™t have League 1 players playing for us because Adams wouldnā€™t know one if they stood in front of him. Which they do... every game but playing for the opposition.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Be as sarcastic as you like, but I'd rather have a sensible debate with someone who replies wit a reasoned opinion rather than sarcasm.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
Today was another game where it was clear that Adams hasn't lost the dressing room - the players are still playing for him, apart from Sarcevic they all put in 100% effort and they haven't downed tools as you see in some struggling teams where the players want a change in manager.

We are just three points away from the team in 20th place so we are not cut adrift and with the players still playing for Adams he should stay and lead us to safety which will be a bigger achievement than winning promotion last season.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
We are all concerned but there is some tedious stuff on here tonight. I still think the situation is not as straightforward as merely pointing at the league table, nor necessarily the style of play. The manager needs to improve the team, that much is obvious, and I hope some good work will be done in January. Sadly I feel that it will require some summer recruits to be re-homed and that won't be easy. We need a couple of proven League One attacking players including at least one striker. If that doesn't happen then I think serious questions need to be asked and the board need to be honest about how far we can go. I still don't believe that our budget or potential is League Two but it needs to be translated into a safe league position.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
GreenThing":17jl2li5 said:
Be as sarcastic as you like, but I'd rather have a sensible debate with someone who replies wit a reasoned opinion rather than sarcasm.

Iā€™ve had a serious debate and iā€™ve Explained why, since pre- season weā€™d fail and sadly itā€™s coming to pass.

For all that, I and others fed up of Adams incompetence have been likened to rabid posters because weā€™re not prepared to ignore what is in front of us regarding tables and have to suffer people calling us knee jerk because we canā€™t see the positives!

Even tonight, I have set out why weā€™re in the crap over and yet iā€™ve had one sentence replies saying iā€™m Wrong. If people canā€™t debate with me, I wonā€™t debate with them but I will do as they do which is to be contrary with no discussion points.

Oct 17, 2011
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":20mris7c said:
Today was another game where it was clear that Adams hasn't lost the dressing room - the players are still playing for him, apart from Sarcevic they all put in 100% effort and they haven't downed tools as you see in some struggling teams where the players want a change in manager.

We are just three points away from the team in 20th place so we are not cut adrift and with the players still playing for Adams he should stay and lead us to safety which will be a bigger achievement than winning promotion last season.

Whilst I don't dispute the players' commitment to the cause and to the manager, I don't believe we will escape relegation if we continue to play the same way. My reasons being :
1. The managers reluctance to change tactics, set up to not concede the first goal. If that fails we rarely come from behind. With at least 80% of teams better than us, it doesn't take long to suss us out, and if they have done any homework they will know exactly what to expect.

2. To improve our position we need to be winning matches, draws are not enough, as teams around us will also be picking up points.

3. Nowhere on the pitch to we have pace and that I feel is our main drawback along with the tactics, especially as we try to play on the break.

4. In general crossing/shooting is pretty poor to say the least, and that coupled with our inability to score goals on a regular basis means we are unlikely to win enough games.

5. I can see support waning because of the poor fare served up in matches, that will lead to lower attendances and less atmosphere in the stadium.

I'm sure others will point out the exceptions, but with almost half the season gone , can anyone see a chance of real improvement in our situation?. If by some miracle we avoid the drop, Mr Adams will be something of a hero, and that will mean a repeat of similar fare next term.

I would dearly love to see 3 or 4 new faces in January, but unless we can find some loanees from the higher divisions with a point to prove I don't see where they are going to be found.

Apr 9, 2009
Mutley
memory man":fa7p40wt said:
It was good to see Simon Hallett at the Fan Fest today and he clearly loves to be among the fans. That is brilliant and hopefully once he got to Fratton he saw it like fans are seeing it - a team that had their fair share of the ball but that is so bereft of pace and guile that they are unable to create a single chance. We don't seem to be able to string more than three passes together. Hopefully he has the clout to ask, through the owner/chairman, if the manager has alternatives, because what we have at present isn't cutting it. I don't particularly want to see Adams go, I just want to see him show some willingness to take the game to the opposition and to see that he must somehow accommodate players with pace..

Would prefer it if he bought Brent out. He's the one not signing the cheques.

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
GM Vauxhall":2biot1kh said:
memory man":2biot1kh said:
It was good to see Simon Hallett at the Fan Fest today and he clearly loves to be among the fans. That is brilliant and hopefully once he got to Fratton he saw it like fans are seeing it - a team that had their fair share of the ball but that is so bereft of pace and guile that they are unable to create a single chance. We don't seem to be able to string more than three passes together. Hopefully he has the clout to ask, through the owner/chairman, if the manager has alternatives, because what we have at present isn't cutting it. I don't particularly want to see Adams go, I just want to see him show some willingness to take the game to the opposition and to see that he must somehow accommodate players with pace..

Would prefer it if he bought Brent out. He's the one not signing the cheques.

He will one day.

Jul 4, 2008
newton abbot
Problem with Adams tactics is the opposition dictating. Most games this season have been rear guard defence. More and more we rely on the opposition having a good or poor day in front of goal. Even against Northampton we didn't go at them rather it's sit back and see what they can do. Problem is the idea of attacking football lessens until you have less and less confidence when you do go forward. Crowds will reduce unless changes in tactics happen. There is a growing swell of discontented supporters. Quite right too if you are paying to watch!

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
plymade":zq0q8x7p said:
Problem with Adams tactics is the opposition dictating. Most games this season have been rear guard defence. More and more we rely on the opposition having a good or poor day in front of goal. Even against Northampton we didn't go at them rather it's sit back and see what they can do. Problem is the idea of attacking football lessens until you have less and less confidence when you do go forward. Crowds will reduce unless changes in tactics happen. There is a growing swell of discontented supporters. Quite right too if you are paying to watch!

Exactly! On the (very rare) occasions we get on the front foot we look like a half decent team. But we nearly always let the opposition gain the upper hand from the off and rely on last ditch defending / oppos ineptitude in front of goal / a breakaway goal for us / luck to get a result. It's painful to watch and inevitably results in more draws than wins and it's wins we need!

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Ade the green":25sq8tuk said:
HC Green":25sq8tuk said:
Adams wonā€™t be sacked and he wonā€™t resign, what bit of that donā€™t people understand!

Weā€™re voicing our indignation tha5 Adams has wasted this year by being poo in the transfer window and poo in games by not having a clue. We could be like yourselves and enjoy being relegated because thatā€™s what is happening.[/quotei

Having seen all the games so far I cant think of one that we have been poo in apart from Bristol City so I donā€™t work out why you think we will be relegated,

ARE YOU FOR REAL!
For Christ sake!!!!! Weā€™re bottom, weā€™ve been bottom for every week bar 1 maybe two. How the hell do you have the confidence weā€™ll stay up?

Adams failed in the close season with his recruitment. Who of all his new recruits has been worth it? Every one is thanking our clueless manager for giving them a year in league one instead of national league. Where was the striker we needed? Why retake on Wylde when he did nothing the year before in league 1? Ness anybody?

CLUELESS.

Certainly I am for real, are you?

You canā€™t work out why I think weā€™ll be relegated? You loon!

No, so please explain, make it simple and succinct as I am a loon.[/quote]

WEā€™RE BOTTOM. WEā€™VE BEEN BOTTOM FOR ALL BUT 2-3 WEEKS SINCE THE SEASON STARTED SORTING ITSELF OUT! WE LOSE MORE THAN WE WIN AND WE DO NOT SCORE FIRST IN AS MANY GAMES AS SOME PEOPLE THINK. WE HAVE LOST BY 3 GOALS ON ENOUGH OCCASIONS TO IMAGINE ITā€™S OUR GO TO RESULT. END OF.