Memo to Mr Brent and the board ! | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Memo to Mr Brent and the board !

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
metroace":3fgqokv8 said:
Ade the green":3fgqokv8 said:
metroace":3fgqokv8 said:
Ade the green":3fgqokv8 said:
For Christ sake!!!!! We’re bottom, we’ve been bottom for every week bar 1 maybe two.

We have been bottom for 8 weeks and not bottom for 12. We are 6th in this week's Football League Paper form listings.

Okay, so if we’re 6th in the form listings we’re even dropping down in that. 5th last week.

What is it with you? Are you a purveyor of FAKE news?

Here are the facts:

Football League Paper, 19th November, Argyle 11th in the Form Table. One place below Portsmouth.

Football League Paper, 26th November, Argyle 6th in the Form Table. One place below Walsall and seven places above Portsmouth.

These FACTS may not suit your agenda but they remain facts.

I would advise you to take out a digital subscription to this periodical so that you can go back in time and check your facts before you spout rubbish.

I’m going by others saying we were 5th in the form table so i’m Using their facts.

They said 5th and you say 6th, that’s worse isn’t it?

Facts! You all talk about facts without once checking to see where we are in the table. Last, bottom, that enough facts for you?

If we carry on with Adams, in a couple of seasons I can buy the non league news.

Quote from HC green-

“actually looks darn good to me, compared to being cut adrift a few games ago. We’re 5th in the form table for the last 6 games, so concentrating on maintaining anything remotely near that, forgetting about our catastrophic start and not panicking when we do inevitably lose is key.

Back to the game itself, I’m going for another 1-1 draw.”

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
Ade the green":2laqrsrs said:
metroace":2laqrsrs said:
metroace":2laqrsrs said:
For Christ sake!!!!! We’re bottom, we’ve been bottom for every week bar 1 maybe two.

We have been bottom for 8 weeks and not bottom for 12. We are 6th in this week's Football League Paper form listings.

Okay, so if we’re 6th in the form listings we’re even dropping down in that. 5th last week.

Here are the facts:

Football League Paper, 19th November, Argyle 11th in the Form Table. One place below Portsmouth.

Football League Paper, 26th November, Argyle 6th in the Form Table. One place below Walsall and seven places above Portsmouth.

I would advise you to take out a digital subscription to this periodical so that you can go back in time and check your facts before you spout rubbish.

I’m going by others saying we were 5th in the form table so i’m Using their facts.

Facts! You all talk about facts without once checking to see where we are in the table. Last, bottom, that enough facts for you?

If we carry on with Adams, in a couple of seasons I can buy the non league news.

No it is NOT worse because they are WRONG. I have the paper as an app on my mobile so I can see that I am correct whereas you are repeating what some bloke down the pub has said.

I am not overly concerned about being last because I can see the improvement in our play and I can see that 3 points would now lift us out of the cack.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
metroace":1m41m369 said:
Ade the green":1m41m369 said:

Here are the facts:

No it is NOT worse because they are WRONG. I have the paper as an app on my mobile so I can see that I am correct whereas you are repeating what some bloke down the pub has said.

I am not overly concerned about being last because I can see the improvement in our play and I can see that 3 points would now lift us out of the cack.

It’s not some bloke down the pub, it’s HC green who is as green tinted as you appear-

“actually looks darn good to me, compared to being cut adrift a few games ago. We’re 5th in the form table for the last 6 games, so concentrating on maintaining anything remotely near that, forgetting about our catastrophic start and not panicking when we do inevitably lose is key.

Back to the game itself, I’m going for another 1-1 draw.”

I have no idea where he gets his facts from I only see one.

Bottom, 24/24.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
And therein lies the danger of repeating someone else's figures, green tint or not, without checking your facts.

Going back six weeks on the Football League Paper, we were 23rd on the form table.

Yes we are bottom, but we are getting better. The true form facts back that up.

Now get behind the lads, the management and the board. Changing direction now, sacking the manager now, will cost money which would mean that same money cannot be used to improve the squad which most on here seem to want.

Jan 6, 2007
metroace":ueu1pqyx said:
And therein lies the danger of repeating someone else's figures, green tint or not, without checking your facts.

Going back six weeks on the Football League Paper, we were 23rd on the form table.

Now get behind the lads, the management and the board. Changing direction now, sacking the manager now, will cost money which would mean that same money cannot be used to improve the squad which most on here seem to want.
Adams had all summer to improve the squad, what extra money has he got in January that we didn't have then. If he hadn't signed a load of dross in the summer we wouldn't be in the cack now.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
metroace":3joo4f76 said:

But you’re asking me to accept your facts. To me it doesn’t matter what form we have until it shows itself in a change of position. If we were mid table, this wouldn’t be an issue but, if the season were to end now or next week even if we won we’d be relegated. If we’re high in the form guide but any one of the teams just in front are higher it would cause us problems.

A quick question to you and others that think the same.

We can be in the bottom 4 until the last kick of the last game of the season and still achieve safety. Is there a point that you or others would accede we would get relegated and would it be any time before the last game of the season (given such a scenario)?

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Mark Jenkin":14g6240a said:
metroace":14g6240a said:

Adams had all summer to improve the squad, what extra money has he got in January that we didn't have then. If he hadn't signed a load of dross in the summer we wouldn't be in the cack now.

2 things, one is that any manager of worth would not spend all their money in one window and I think Adams has said as much. Two is that JB has always made additional funds available to every manager before him.

It’s for those reasons I hold Adams more to blame for our poor showing than I hold either JB or the board. It is because of Adams poor spending in the close season that I have no confidence in him now.

I know you ask Metro but as it was a different tack I felt I could also answer.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
djg145":r3ga8sbp said:
GreenThing":r3ga8sbp said:
Martyn":r3ga8sbp said:
So Adams does not have a clue, really.

Do you honestly believe that. He does have a clue, more than me and you

We're in the shyte and Adams is doing what needs to be done to get us out of the shyte. It's not pretty and people are up$$ed off because of a defeat, but we are narrowing the gap to safety which must be the prime target for the end of the season. It's not pretty, but due to the situation we are in, it has to be done.

Just seen Kenny Jacket on Goal Rush and he was very complimentary about us. I think some people a desperate for entertainment that whey can't appreciate the job that needs doing and a are blind to
A job done rather than an entertaining game. Unfortunately, the position we are in, we cannot afford to sacrifice points for entertainment. Today didn't go as planned due to a goalkeeping error, but form over the last 10 matches show that we can dig in and get out of this mess.

Job done yesterday - we LOST lol

It would do you well to read the post before posting your flippant comments.

Apr 29, 2016
Ade the green":2qxr8ntg said:
Mark Jenkin":2qxr8ntg said:
metroace":2qxr8ntg said:

2 things, one is that any manager of worth would not spend all their money in one window and I think Adams has said as much. Two is that JB has always made additional funds available to every manager before him.

It’s for those reasons I hold Adams more to blame for our poor showing than I hold either JB or the board. It is because of Adams poor spending in the close season that I have no confidence in him now.

You seem to have the answer to everything. Let’s see who we can blame. Just need to sit the FA coaching badge and then you’ll have even more answers!

For all those who advocate it, now is not the time to “play yourself” out of the relegation fight. It’s dig in and fight your way out. Anyone would think we’re on different sides the way you’re speaking too.

N

NorfolkGreen

Yes we have improved over the last few games, what we will establish over the next few weeks is if that is our true level or a temporary improvement. Hopefully it isn’t the former, if it is the latter I hope we are not too far behind before an intervention occurs, whether that be a change of Manager or introduction of new players.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
philmeboots":e0wjegh0 said:
Ade the green":e0wjegh0 said:
Mark Jenkin":e0wjegh0 said:
metroace":e0wjegh0 said:

You seem to have the answer to everything. Let’s see who we can blame. Just need to sit the FA coaching badge and then you’ll have even more answers!

For all those who advocate it, now is not the time to “play yourself” out of the relegation fight. It’s dig in and fight your way out. Anyone would think we’re on different sides the way you’re speaking too.

If I have the answer to everything then I can’t possibly be able to answer to even more as they would surely come under everything.
The question about whether there is any more funds is a memory thing not an opinion and I did say I think Adams has said as much because i’m only 99% certain he did.

Who said anything about playing ourselves out of trouble more that having to bite and scratch our way out. You’ve obviously wanted to have a pop at me today but you chose the wrong post of many. Like the team you didn’t pick the right option.

As for being on different sides, you mean different sides of how to improve our lot? If you meant different sides as in against Argyle I would surely have argued to keep Adams in.

Dec 3, 2005
GreenThing":p6oaysa6 said:
djg145":p6oaysa6 said:
GreenThing":p6oaysa6 said:
Martyn":p6oaysa6 said:
So Adams does not have a clue, really.

Do you honestly believe that. He does have a clue, more than me and you

We're in the shyte and Adams is doing what needs to be done to get us out of the shyte. It's not pretty and people are up$$ed off because of a defeat, but we are narrowing the gap to safety which must be the prime target for the end of the season. It's not pretty, but due to the situation we are in, it has to be done.

Just seen Kenny Jacket on Goal Rush and he was very complimentary about us. I think some people a desperate for entertainment that whey can't appreciate the job that needs doing and a are blind to
A job done rather than an entertaining game. Unfortunately, the position we are in, we cannot afford to sacrifice points for entertainment. Today didn't go as planned due to a goalkeeping error, but form over the last 10 matches show that we can dig in and get out of this mess.

Job done yesterday - we LOST lol

It would do you well to read the post before posting your flippant comments.

Nothing flippant about the fact we lost yesterday - so we didn't do the 'job done'

And people putting ALL the blame on our Goalkeeper - you made a brilliant save later in the game - defence isnt our problem, the severe lack of any threat upfront is appauling - ONE shot on target in a match.

As I said somewhere else - it is a shame they change the kick-off rules (still dont understand why) at least at kick-off we would have two upfront :)

If we are going to lose, and that seems more likely then not - I would prefer to lose 3 - 2 and some excitement/entertainment rather then losing to one goal and having no threat at all.

Apr 29, 2016
Ade the green":2l8ody79 said:
philmeboots":2l8ody79 said:
Ade the green":2l8ody79 said:
Mark Jenkin":2l8ody79 said:
metroace":2l8ody79 said:

If I have the answer to everything then I can’t possibly be able to answer to even more as they would surely come under everything.
The question about whether there is any more funds is a memory thing not an opinion and I did say I think Adams has said as much because i’m only 99% certain he did.

Who said anything about playing ourselves out of trouble more that having to bite and scratch our way out. You’ve obviously wanted to have a pop at me today but you chose the wrong post of many. Like the team you didn’t pick the right option.

As for being on different sides, you mean different sides of how to improve our lot? If you meant different sides as in against Argyle I would surely have argued to keep Adams in.

Me having a pop at you? You’re the one calling people “loons” today not me. As for keeping Adams out, surely you wouldn’t advocate getting rid of an Argyle manager with the best win percentage since 1938?