Memo to Mr Brent and the board ! | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Memo to Mr Brent and the board !

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":3pgtlqbp said:
Today was another game where it was clear that Adams hasn't lost the dressing room - the players are still playing for him, apart from Sarcevic they all put in 100% effort and they haven't downed tools as you see in some struggling teams where the players want a change in manager.

We are just three points away from the team in 20th place so we are not cut adrift and with the players still playing for Adams he should stay and lead us to safety which will be a bigger achievement than winning promotion last season.

Are they playing for DA or perhaps for themselves and the fans, if DA then maybe it is because he is not a man to cross and a season on the bench of worse exists for dissenters. Oscar was hooked when although apparently not injured, according to DA, he was unable to play through the "pain". We will never know one way or the other, it is all pure conjecture. Another thought is that as uninformed lay persons we can see what is not working, then surely professional footballers will have an even better idea of why, it must be intensely frustrating for them. Does DA listen to PW and CB?

Mar 12, 2011
Plymouth
Argue amongst yourselves ,for or against, the league table does not lie, at this moment we are the worst team in the League.

The Manager has a system HE believes in and so do most of his players, so to bring in new players is just stoking the fire because if he brings in a Striker he will still be left on his own with no support, just as Jarvis finds at the moment.

Why did Oxford run through us at will was because they had pace in the forwards and in midfield where we have a packed but static defence marking space, and no pace in midfield.

It hurts to say this but after supporting Argyle for over sixty years if this Manager does not change is approach we will be back in Division 2 next Season ,and i think the crowd attendance will tell Brent if he has a manager who he should stick with.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
We gained 4 points in the first 10 games. If we had sacked Adams then and the replacement then achieved 12pts in his first 10 games in charge, its likely that people would be happy that the new manager is turning things around. So why can't people see that Adams is turning it around? Despite still being bottom, we are steadily closing the gap to safety.

Apr 9, 2011
GreenThing":1wsou861 said:
Martyn":1wsou861 said:
So Adams does not have a clue, really.

Do you honestly believe that. He does have a clue, more than me and you

We're in the shyte and Adams is doing what needs to be done to get us out of the shyte. It's not pretty and people are up$$ed off because of a defeat, but we are narrowing the gap to safety which must be the prime target for the end of the season. It's not pretty, but due to the situation we are in, it has to be done.

Just seen Kenny Jacket on Goal Rush and he was very complimentary about us. I think some people a desperate for entertainment that whey can't appreciate the job that needs doing and a are blind to
A job done rather than an entertaining game. Unfortunately, the position we are in, we cannot afford to sacrifice points for entertainment. Today didn't go as planned due to a goalkeeping error, but form over the last 10 matches show that we can dig in and get out of this mess.
OMG where are you coming from! We are in the cacky BECAUSE ofAdams :doh:

Apr 9, 2011
Green_Matt":sbre7nra said:
We are all concerned but there is some tedious stuff on here tonight. I still think the situation is not as straightforward as merely pointing at the league table, nor necessarily the style of play. The manager needs to improve the team, that much is obvious, and I hope some good work will be done in January. Sadly I feel that it will require some summer recruits to be re-homed and that won't be easy. We need a couple of proven League One attacking players including at least one striker. If that doesn't happen then I think serious questions need to be asked and the board need to be honest about how far we can go. I still don't believe that our budget or potential is League Two but it needs to be translated into a safe league position.
You say "some good work in January" you mean like the "good work" of his summer signings! :doh:

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
phil-thefluter24":kabon5rn said:
GreenThing":kabon5rn said:
Martyn":kabon5rn said:

We're in the shyte and Adams is doing what needs to be done to get us out of the shyte. It's not pretty and people are up$$ed off because of a defeat, but we are narrowing the gap to safety which must be the prime target for the end of the season. It's not pretty, but due to the situation we are in, it has to be done.

Just seen Kenny Jacket on Goal Rush and he was very complimentary about us. I think some people a desperate for entertainment that whey can't appreciate the job that needs doing and a are blind to
A job done rather than an entertaining game. Unfortunately, the position we are in, we cannot afford to sacrifice points for entertainment. Today didn't go as planned due to a goalkeeping error, but form over the last 10 matches show that we can dig in and get out of this mess.

We're in the crack because of the poor discipline of the players. Was it Adams headbutting and punching the opposition?

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
GreenThing":3fv4iuy9 said:
We gained 4 points in the first 10 games. If we had sacked Adams then and the replacement then achieved 12pts in his first 10 games in charge, its likely that people would be happy that the new manager is turning things around. So why can't people see that Adams is turning it around? Despite still being bottom, we are steadily closing the gap to safety.

The worry is though that if we got 13 points per every 10 games for the rest of the season, that'd still only put us on 51 points, which may not be enough to stay up.

Adams deserves credit for the past 10 games, which (as you say) in isolation do not look too bad at all. However, he must be equally accountable for the start we made. Overall, 17 points from 20 games is not good enough. We're not a particularly big League 1 club anymore, but we still aren't so small that we should be bottom of the league.

If Adams keeps up the improvement of the last 10 games and we stay up, he deserves to keep his job. But that's not guaranteed at all.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
GreenThing":1epic0nl said:
phil-thefluter24":1epic0nl said:
GreenThing":1epic0nl said:
Martyn":1epic0nl said:

We're in the crack because of the poor discipline of the players. Was it Adams headbutting and punching the opposition?

We have poor discipline from the players because the players Adams recruited/retained are not up to league 1 standard. Remember when in admin and just after we had to play youngsters and remember the poor discipline record because of not being up to the pace of league football.

We are bottom... I hope your next post reflects that as up to now you and others are ignoring it.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Dan Ellard":27tiq9vk said:
GreenThing":27tiq9vk said:

The worry is though that if we got 13 points per every 10 games for the rest of the season, that'd still only put us on 51 points, which may not be enough to stay up.

Adams deserves credit for the past 10 games, which (as you say) in isolation do not look too bad at all. However, he must be equally accountable for the start we made. Overall, 17 points from 20 games is not good enough. We're not a particularly big League 1 club anymore, but we still aren't so small that we should be bottom of the league.

If Adams keeps up the improvement of the last 10 games and we stay up, he deserves to keep his job. But that's not guaranteed at all.

You're right that 17 out of 20 games is not good enough. If they were picked up equally over the 20 games then sacking Adams would look like a good option. The way that we have picked up over the last 7 matches shows me that Adams can turn it around.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Ade the green":19z9fjjc said:
GreenThing":19z9fjjc said:
phil-thefluter24":19z9fjjc said:
GreenThing":19z9fjjc said:
Martyn":19z9fjjc said:

We have poor discipline from the players because the players Adams recruited/retained are not up to league 1 standard. Remember when in admin and just after we had to play youngsters and remember the poor discipline record because of not being up to the pace of league football.

We are bottom... I hope your next post reflects that as up to now you and others are ignoring it.

Being bottom does not worry me, it's the gap to 20th which is important and that gap is steadily getting smaller. I'm ok with that at this moment in time.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
Ade the green":1s30tsyc said:
For Christ sake!!!!! We’re bottom, we’ve been bottom for every week bar 1 maybe two.

We have been bottom for 8 weeks and not bottom for 12. We are 6th in this week's Football League Paper form listings.

Dec 3, 2005
GreenThing":3pl0mr82 said:
Martyn":3pl0mr82 said:

Job done yesterday - we LOST lol

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
metroace":3au0z89k said:
Ade the green":3au0z89k said:
For Christ sake!!!!! We’re bottom, we’ve been bottom for every week bar 1 maybe two.

We have been bottom for 8 weeks and not bottom for 12. We are 6th in this week's Football League Paper form listings.

Okay, so if we’re 6th in the form listings we’re even dropping down in that. 5th last week.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
Ade the green":3883fa6c said:
metroace":3883fa6c said:
Ade the green":3883fa6c said:

Okay, so if we’re 6th in the form listings we’re even dropping down in that. 5th last week.

What is it with you? Are you a purveyor of FAKE news?

Here are the facts:

Football League Paper, 19th November, Argyle 11th in the Form Table. One place below Portsmouth.

Football League Paper, 26th November, Argyle 6th in the Form Table. One place below Walsall and seven places above Portsmouth.

These FACTS may not suit your agenda but they remain facts.

I would advise you to take out a digital subscription to this periodical so that you can go back in time and check your facts before you spout rubbish.