Nelson captain, McCormick Club Captain (+Daily Mail article) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Nelson captain, McCormick Club Captain (+Daily Mail article)

C

Cobi Budge.

briangreen":1g581011 said:
Sensationalist rubbish from a failing newspaper, stuff like this should inspire Luke to greater heights. Nigel Farage gets the same media put-down every week, although the depth of the accusation is obviously not as serious, but it shows if they have something against you they will take it to the limit.
There's not a member of the Green army I know who hasn't the greatest of sympathy for the Peak family and we all wish it had never happened and many of us as parents couldn't even imagine the pain they are going through, even now.
God bless them, I hope in time they will be able to to look at Luke with some forgiveness in their hearts.

On the flipside what does annoy me though is Argyle fans making statements of such serious nature on global social media, knowing full well how it would affect the club and potentially usurp Argyles promotion chances. I find it difficult to see these people as true Argyle fans who want the very best for their club. In the early days of McCormick's return I recall statements by some of those quoted in the article as very anti. I don't wish to name names, but we know them very well and some comment on this site frequently. I hope they are proud of themselves and the potential damage they have done.

Just want to say to Luke McCormick:

Luke I would like to affirm you and say that my family and myself know you are a good man and I'm sure that those events of a few years ago haunt you most days, but you must learn to forgive yourself. You didn't go out that day to hurt anyone, it was a most tragic accident.
Don't listen to those who store up hatred in their hearts and don't be like them. Show by example that men can rise from the most tragic of circumstances and make a difference in this world. Go and have a championship winning season and prove those doubters wrong.

Brian & family

What a simply cracking post.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Site Manager":2ypx3g65 said:
The thread has been split, please do not speculate regarding the incident/tragedy with Luke McCormick. Thanks.
I didn't so why has my post disappeared?

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
I didnt speculate on anything - merely stated it was unwise for the club to appoint Luke as club captain. To pretend past events never happened is ridiculous.

P

Paul_Roberts

jerryatricjanner":1xi7jdud said:
Site Manager":1xi7jdud said:
The thread has been split, please do not speculate regarding the incident/tragedy with Luke McCormick. Thanks.

One of mine quoted someone who did, but none of the others had anything remotely speculative about them. Strange.

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
Paul_Roberts":1gce5ida said:
jerryatricjanner":1gce5ida said:
Site Manager":1gce5ida said:

One of mine quoted someone who did, but none of the others had anything remotely speculative about them. Strange.

At the time I didn't have the time to pick and choose the posts, the thread had moved into dangerous territory so I moved a block of posts from the first speculative comment onwards. Some posts have now been reinstated to this thread.

Dec 2, 2005
London
Paul_Roberts":ldwr48n8 said:
jerryatricjanner":ldwr48n8 said:
Site Manager":ldwr48n8 said:

Indeed. Didn't notice anything when I commented and I am very confused why mine has been "moderated" and is still missing given I basically just agreed with X Isle...

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
There's no conspiracy here folks. None of the mods were on their computer and Ian was only on his phone, it's very difficult to split a thread on your phone so he just cut the thread where it put us in a position to have to act. Some posts were probably fine and I'm sorry that they were moved too, but Ian did what was best.

It would be handy if some posters self moderated on occasions and didn't write things that are likely to upset people.

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
Daz i dont think anyone at all suggested a conspiracy. But some people are geniunly unhappy about the appointment and should be allowed their veiws.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
No one is saying you can't have views Womble, repost them if you like. I was explaining why some posts that didn't need to be moved were.

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
Site Manager":1vx3osy2 said:
Paul_Roberts":1vx3osy2 said:
jerryatricjanner":1vx3osy2 said:
Site Manager":1vx3osy2 said:

At the time I didn't have the time to pick and choose the posts, the thread had moved into dangerous territory so I moved a block of posts from the first speculative comment onwards. Some posts have now been reinstated to this thread.
I agree fully with the Site Manager here. We all know why some fans are unhappy at the appointment of LMcK and do not need reminding of the events, aftermath or how it affects people. There is no requirement to discuss the tragic event in detail again.

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
Womble":1gjwa3pq said:
Daz i dont think anyone at all suggested a conspiracy. But some people are geniunly unhappy about the appointment and should be allowed their veiws.

Your original post wasn't reinstated because part of it mentions the subject matter that caused some posts to be removed.
The second part of your post was about McCormick appointed as club captain and your feelings on this.
If it's so important to you please feel free to post your feelings on this again.

To use the removal of some libellous posts as a reason to say you're not allowed to have a view on the appointment of McCormick as club captain is wrong and mischievous.

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
The quicker this post is removed will be the better for all concerened.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Post or thread dunlop?

If you mean the thread, it should stay but people need to self moderate and use common sense.

O

ogwellmike

The Daily Mail is undoubtedly the worst (by far) of our gutter press. They have no scruples at all about printing blatant lies in support of their scurrilous campaigns. They have a record of this and they refuse to apologize when their lies are exposed.

Pay no attention to the Daily Mail - it is a bucket of poo. On second thoughts, I apologize because that statement is an insult to the bucket of poo.