New strip in shop on Saturday! Are you buying one? | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New strip in shop on Saturday! Are you buying one?

Will you be buying a new kit?

• No

Votes: 73 45.6%
  • Yes - both home & away

Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Yes - away

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Yes - home

Votes: 78 48.8%

• Total voters
C

Cobi Budge.

The more I look at the home shirt the more I dislike it if I'm honest. To me, a young fan, we aren't a striped club, and to be honest, they don't even look like stripes, just blocks, there's just not enough green on the shirt.

I'll probably be buying the keeper's kit, can you put that option in?

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
I couldn't give two about whether we're a stripe club or not, we're neither, we're a green club that's it. I just want a nice looking kit.

Derby Pilgrim

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
Jun 20, 2011
South Derbyshire
I like the shirts but wont be getting any just yet. The bit I dislike is the amount of Puma logos on the shirts. Its one on the front and one on each sleeve in case you missed it...

C

Cobi Budge.

After seeing it in person, I just think the home kit looks awful.

I thought we played in Green and white, not white and green? Had a look at TFF and FF as well and they all seem to think our kit is sunday league standard, and I'm starting to agree unfortunately.

I thought last year's was poor, this looks worse to me, how hard is it to have a professional kit? Even Exeter have managed it.

C

Cobi Budge.

Nope and thank goodness.

I'm gonna buy the pink keepers shirt when I get the chance, tidy one.

Jan 3, 2013
IJN":2jtf71oj said:
One day I'll understand a post of his. ^^^^^^

Anyways, the kids love to wear them, some blokes do as well, I always buy one because it supports the club in another way and anything that helps PAFC is fine by me as I'm a fan of PAFC.

Look forward to seeing all the new shirts at the Swansea game and of course Cambridge in the not too distant future.
As a way non moaning I'm going to buy a shirt for the first time since lug guy's FIRST term as manager. Good enough for you Ian? I am an old fart but see above I revert to being a boy at Argo

Jul 29, 2010
I've grown to overlook the glaring issues with the 'stripes' Cobi. You're right, it's an 'old timers' minority interest thing (even though they're not really stripes anyway).

However, I've grown to see it as a predominantly green with whiite bits home shirt, no different to the last few seasons only a lot less bland and disintersting and with a sponsors logo that doesn't look like a five year old printed it with a cut up potato.

Aside from that, the pluses, which caused me to buy one this year, are that it looks quite 'continental' with the higher badge/logo, the sleeve logos and the shoulder advert. And what an advert, that's what ultimately swung it for me, the Legion's WW1 commemoration, it makes it a unique and historical bit of cloth.

Also it's in Argyle green, who knows for how much longer this classier and uniquely identifiable shade will last. If 'a few' can push through stripes when the majority wanted something else then maybe they can bend ears again an lose us our now established identity as the team in dark green. We may never get the opportunity to buy one again.

You've never known stripes and I get that, it must seem weird. You've never known light green either, imagine how weird that'd be :shock:

If you prefer a keepers top, fill yer boots, it's money into Argyle's coffers which is great. But maybe hold off for a week or two and see the home shirt 'in the flesh', give it the chance to grow on you. There's none more pedantic about shirts than I, so if it can win me round then who knows?

(Edit to add) - was compiling the above in response to your earlier post. Seeing your subsequent post, that'll teach me to try directing reasoned logic your way :roll:

Wear pink then. It's your choice, express yourself how you wish, it's the 21st century afterall. Although it's hard to fathom the logic in having an issue with stripes being 'not the Argyle I know'.......only to resolve it by wearing pink!!

Also, if there's something undignified with the over 40's wearing football shirts, which there is, guilty as charged, then to me anyone over the age of about 14 wearing a goal keeping shirt, unless worn between two goal posts, is just plain wrong,

C

Cobi Budge.

I think that's the point there X isle, I don't like the idea of a striped shirt, but I think you should either have a striped shirt or a non striped shirt, this one is somewhere in the middle and just looks muddled and silly to me.

#StripesAreNotBackBecauseTheyAreNotStripes

I've seen it in the flesh and it actually made me dislike it more.

Anyway, as you say, I'll still be paying in to the club coffers as I'll be buying the pink keepers shirt, very tidy kit and the best of the 3.

Jul 29, 2010
Sorry, eloquence doesn't come quickly besides fat fingers and a tiny screen leaves one in a bit of a time delay......

**Please see edit above Cobi**

It's not too late to save yourself fella, think of me as the Janner Gok Wan, 'Gert W@nk' perhaps?

C

Cobi Budge.

:lol: Oh X isle (Gok).

If I liked the Green kit, I'd buy it, but I think it looks pretty awful & unprofessional. I think the keepers kit looks tidy and professional so I'll get it. The reason I'm not buying the home kit is not because it's striped, it's just because I really don't think it looks very good at all, the same reason as I purchased the sky blue kit last season.

Jul 29, 2010
Fair enough, I tried.

......just don't come running to me when 'bigger boys' poke fun out of you and call you names :lol:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Knarf Reprah":2p4tpth2 said:
IJN":2p4tpth2 said:
One day I'll understand a post of his. ^^^^^^

Anyways, the kids love to wear them, some blokes do as well, I always buy one because it supports the club in another way and anything that helps PAFC is fine by me as I'm a fan of PAFC.

Look forward to seeing all the new shirts at the Swansea game and of course Cambridge in the not too distant future.
As a way non moaning I'm going to buy a shirt for the first time since lug guy's FIRST term as manager. Good enough for you Ian? I am an old fart but see above I revert to being a boy at Argo

Each to their own Frank, it's just when I see someone say 'modern football shirts are a rip off blah blah blah'. Each time I read that sort of thing I think 'whatever'. It's 2014 it's what ALL clubs do. It's like moaning about the price of fish & chips to me, totally pointless.

Jan 3, 2013
Moaning about the price ......popped into Sports Direct today to have a look at The Arsenal kit :yawn: :roll: and happened to notice they had England rugby shirts on sale 30% off............£67.99!!!

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
Mr Stripes has his shirt:

"@GreenArmy1984: @Only1Argyle Big Thank you To Argyle Superstore Delivering my New Home shirt !!! #pafc #StripesAreHere"

#stripesareback :scarf: