O'Connor (signs for Burton) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

O'Connor (signs for Burton)

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I am surprised if O'Connor is not still considering his Argyle contract offer.

He will have another Irishman (Carey) in the squad and, having seen him with Carl McHugh at the Senior Greens, they obviously get on very well.

He will have also noticed that Derek Adams appears to be a man of action and ambition so I have not given up hope yet.

Come on Anto sign the contract and help us get where we all want to be.

Jun 18, 2015
oddball":2uzc8mjt said:
Paven":2uzc8mjt said:
Pogleswoody":2uzc8mjt said:
Greenford":2uzc8mjt said:
I still think Lee Cox would do a solid job in O'Connors position anyway. Always annoyed me when Sheridan played the likes of Blizzard ahead of him. Personally I feel Cox is underrated. If we get O'connor back then great news but if not and I cant see it just move on im sure there are decent options out there as well as Cox.

Well Cox is another player that won't be allowed to 'coast' through games by DA (based only on what I've read obviously). In his first spell here I don't think I saw Cox play at home, I was on holiday for several games, was he injured too? When he signed I was pleased based on what others wrote but, when I saw him play, I was disappointed, good player with ability but , on occasions, five yards away seemed too far for him to go get involved. Can do a job for us but needs a (hopefully imaginary) rocket up his ***** (you know, that thing that John Stead is going to rip a new one of in this league .. apparently :whistle: )

Time will tell, I am surprised that O'Connor gave Sheridan's Argyle a real chance but won't give it a go with DA? :think:

Don't think I've ever seen Cox 'coast' through a football match, so not quite sure where you've got that one from? In his appearances last season he wasn't actually bad at all, and if he can stay fit he's the perfect midfield partner for a box to box midfielder.

Not quite sure what '5 yards seemed too much for him' means either?

Yep the perfect midfielder who has never scored a goal for Argyle....
His job isnt to score goals his job is to break up play do the dirty work which allow the attack minded players to do their jobs. Hes more of a defense minded player.

Jun 8, 2014
oddball":243r0sfd said:
Paven":243r0sfd said:
Pogleswoody":243r0sfd said:
Greenford":243r0sfd said:
I still think Lee Cox would do a solid job in O'Connors position anyway. Always annoyed me when Sheridan played the likes of Blizzard ahead of him. Personally I feel Cox is underrated. If we get O'connor back then great news but if not and I cant see it just move on im sure there are decent options out there as well as Cox.

Well Cox is another player that won't be allowed to 'coast' through games by DA (based only on what I've read obviously). In his first spell here I don't think I saw Cox play at home, I was on holiday for several games, was he injured too? When he signed I was pleased based on what others wrote but, when I saw him play, I was disappointed, good player with ability but , on occasions, five yards away seemed too far for him to go get involved. Can do a job for us but needs a (hopefully imaginary) rocket up his ***** (you know, that thing that John Stead is going to rip a new one of in this league .. apparently :whistle: )

Time will tell, I am surprised that O'Connor gave Sheridan's Argyle a real chance but won't give it a go with DA? :think:

Don't think I've ever seen Cox 'coast' through a football match, so not quite sure where you've got that one from? In his appearances last season he wasn't actually bad at all, and if he can stay fit he's the perfect midfield partner for a box to box midfielder.

Not quite sure what '5 yards seemed too much for him' means either?

Yep the perfect midfielder who has never scored a goal for Argyle....

PARTNER. At least read it all before you try and make a smarmy comeback.

Mar 23, 2008
Pogleswoody":2fgon4bt said:
Greenford":2fgon4bt said:

Odd comments, Cox is a very committed and wholehearted player, never seen him shirk a challenge or not show for the ball. Another case of a player not spending all game sprinting around and deemed to be coasting? I liked O'Connor but to me Cox is as good if not through greater experience better. Can see us playing a 443 / 451 with Cox sitting deep in a central three. As for the comment about him not scoring enough, bet you're glad Claude Makelele didn't sign for us in his prime??"

Sep 8, 2013
I am another who rates Cox, but, as others have said, e is a defensive MF. Hoping DA can find us an influential playmaking MF to complement him.

Dec 3, 2005
Sorry - thought this thread was about AOC damn, I do need to go to Specsavers!!

Broc's Pilgrimage":3qvpy56l said:
Text this eve from work colleague (a Burton fan)

"O'Connor was at our friendly today with a local non league side wearing the Burton training kit. Rumour is he has signed"

Not good news. Lets hope DA has near concluded a good replacement.
_62289145_dsc_9582.jpg

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Devonportender":279qdpc7 said:
Broc's Pilgrimage":279qdpc7 said:

"O'Connor was at our friendly today with a local non league side wearing the Burton training kit. Rumour is he has signed"

_62289145_dsc_9582.jpg

Well spotted. Thought he looked younger.

Perhaps he's still considering our offer.

Jan 2, 2006
davie nine":1i7rwjcn said:
Devonportender":1i7rwjcn said:
Broc's Pilgrimage":1i7rwjcn said:

_62289145_dsc_9582.jpg

I suspect the delay in him signing for Burton is due to Burton and Argyle not yet agreeing a fee. Maybe Burton are keen to not let it go to a Tribunal whereas Argyle probably not budging as we also want to sign him.

Oct 24, 2014
BojanTheGreat":2z2f8rza said:
davie nine":2z2f8rza said:
Devonportender":2z2f8rza said:
Broc's Pilgrimage":2z2f8rza said:

_62289145_dsc_9582.jpg

I suspect the delay in him signing for Burton is due to Burton and Argyle not yet agreeing a fee. Maybe Burton are keen to not let it go to a Tribunal whereas Argyle probably not budging as we also want to sign him.
why a fee???????????? he is out of contract at argyle he only signed a 6 month contract .. he is a free agent!!!!

Jan 2, 2006
If a player is 24 or under and the club he is leaving has offered a contract they are due compensation (ie a transfer fee). If this cannot be agreed it is decided by a tribunal normally based on the size of contract offered. However, I am not sure if this has changed or not in the last few years to only be for "homegrown" players, whatever that means.

Pretty sure Argyle wouldn't have paid a transfer fee for a six month contract if they didn't think they would be due some money should he not want to stay