O'Connor (signs for Burton) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

O'Connor (signs for Burton)

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Finger hovering on the 'Move Topic' (to Argyle Old Boys) button!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Good move (Mr Monkey) :greensmile:

Anyone that wants to move to Burton to pay in front of that 'crowd' isn't worthy of our thoughts.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Didn't actually move it...I was waiting until he'd signed for someone!

Mark is obviously trigger happy :)

Green as Grass

♣️ North Devon Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jan 5, 2012
Barnstaple
I think he is going to regret that move. Burton Albion's average home attendance in season 2014-15 was 2,713 according to Wikipedia. They are clearly punching above their weight and realistically are a League One team at best. If he had stayed he could well have played a huge part in the resurgence of PAFC. The proof of the pudding will be where these 2 teams are in 3 years time.

P.S. I have still not read anywhere that he has signed a contract for Burton Albion although he was on their pre season tour. Perhaps they are yet to be convinced about him or maybe terms are a sticking point.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Still no news of O'Connor signing for Burton or anyone else. Strange as I assume he is not being paid.

Is there still a chance?

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Well, personally I'd rather play at Brammal Lane, The Ricoh, The Den, Valley Parade, DW Stadium etc. than Huish Park, St James' Park, The Mem and Rodney Parade.

Good luck to him.

Green as Grass

♣️ North Devon Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jan 5, 2012
Barnstaple
davie nine":3n7uzocu said:
Still no news of O'Connor signing for Burton or anyone else. Strange as I assume he is not being paid.

Is there still a chance?

I suspect that there is an issue here with regard to terms. Is our contract offer to O'Connor still on the table ?
It begs the question if he fails to agree terms with Burton do we really want him since it calls into question his commitment to Argyle.
Did he not stall for a week or two when signing his 6 month mid term contract with us last season ?

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
They've got one hell of a player there. Would have been the perfect signing for us really, covers several positions that we're currently weak in. Hopefully there was money set aside for O'Connor that can now be wisely invested in a different Central midfield player and/or right winger.

Jun 8, 2014
Well then, expecting a few more signings since that deal is off then. Unless of course the budget is below 10th in the league level, as has been suggested (by the gaffer)..