O'Connor (signs for Burton) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

O'Connor (signs for Burton)

C

Cobi Budge.

Voice_of_Reason":dl6xhoej said:
Who, if anyone is advising AOC??

Its a massive risk to sign a 6 month contract and walk away, let's say he broke his leg in the play offs, he'd probably find himself unemployed for 6-12 months minimum. Did he really risk that possibility for an 18 month contract with Burton Albion?

You might risk it if you thought/knew a bigger club (lets say Sheff Utd) were a real option, total madness on AOC's part if Burton is the best offer on the table.

100% agree.

Feb 19, 2013
Historically have Burton been higher than us in the league standings - no.
Historically (and.currently) do Burton have bigger crowds than.us - no.
Currently do Burton play in a higher league than us - yes.

People can choose any number of criteria of what makes a bigger club, but I would suggest that the current league you play in makes a huge difference especially to players hence why O'connor has signed for Burton.

Same can be said for Bournemouth who currently are in higher leagues than say leeds ect making them a better option for players.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Merely a choice of shop windows isn't it, I'm sure O'Connor wants to be in neither of the bottom leagues, nor with either club particularly. For the moment, Burton have some momentum, and a manager people might have heard of. Bully for them.

The 'thought' that O'Connor will not have wished to commit himself in the play-offs, because he didn't have x years of contract protection in the rare event of serious injury, is a fine illustration of some things wrong with pro football however. Yes, if you were to get injured, you wouldn't have the fifteen year career and you wouldn't earn accordingly from it - Is that not real life?

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Good Luck to him.

Another one of those who played better on loan than he did when signed more permanently.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Forget about him ffs

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
A six month deal is for one of two reasons - either they are not sure of him or he is not sure of them. My suspicion is the latter - he (or his agent) seem to like to keep their options open. If he does half the job for them he did for us, maybe he has figured out that it would mean that any negotiation for a pay rise will be due in January and not at the end of the season. In the current financial climate in the lower leagues I am a great believer in these six month deals, especially during the winter transfer window. Sheridan did it several times - Trotman was one example. It eliminates the risk of getting stuck with some one game wonder for 12 months or more.