O'Connor (signs for Burton) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

O'Connor (signs for Burton)

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
BojanTheGreat":1sucs5e8 said:
If a player is 24 or under and the club he is leaving has offered a contract they are due compensation

The compensation is based on how long the club has had the player and thus how much they have coached/improved him.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Paven wrote: Don't think I've ever seen Cox 'coast' through a football match, so not quite sure where you've got that one from? In his appearances last season he wasn't actually bad at all, and if he can stay fit he's the perfect midfield partner for a box to box midfielder.

Not quite sure what '5 yards seemed too much for him' means either?

[/We all call what we see mate. I think he is a good player but didn't see him pulling up trees. '5 yards seemed too much'? Well the ball was there or thereabouts to be 'got' and he didn't go get it. My opinion again, I'd really love to be proved wrong if he does a good job for us. DA might 'inspire' himcolor]

Yes djg145 (can I call you d?), I know the thread is about O'Connor but I responded to a suggestion that Cox is alrteady here to replace him. I commented on that so 'on topic' IMHO!! ;)

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Argyle are due compensation should AOC sign for Burton.. Just irks me that we are losing out to a little club like Burton.....Manchester United I can accept but Burton FFS.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
oddball":1ibonkce said:
Argyle are due compensation should AOC sign for Burton.. Just irks me that we are losing out to a little club like Burton.....Manchester United I can accept but Burton FFS.

I feel your pain Oddball, but they can offer him three things we can't, and they are: playing in a higher division, nearer to his home and probably a wage hike...

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
i don't blame anthony,he has to take care of himself.if our former manager :D hadn't of screwed our promotion challenge we might still have him and i think even if we had of scraped up sheridan would still have slung his hook.i think however,that we are on our way back and could bypass the fine club burton are because jimmy floyd has to do the business in a tough league.we shall see.

Aug 2, 2011
Arguably Burton is a bigger clup than PAFC. They are in a higher division. Quite why some people think we are. "big" club I fail to understand. We are not -we have never gone beyond Division 2 ( the Championship ). The fact that Plymouth has a larger population than some towns or cities does no make the club a big club.

Jan 26, 2013
Plymouth
O'Connor made it quite clear he'd be off should we not go up- that's why he only signed a 6 month deal. It'll be a miracle if he stays now as he could easily play at League One level.

G

Greenskin

PRESTO":11qsqqpu said:
Arguably Burton is a bigger clup than PAFC. They are in a higher division. Quite why some people think we are. "big" club I fail to understand. We are not -we have never gone beyond Division 2 ( the Championship ). The fact that Plymouth has a larger population than some towns or cities does no make the club a big club.

God give me strength.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Greenskin":3v3x3vhw said:
PRESTO":3v3x3vhw said:

God give me strength.

Seconded. Presto, Burton have never been beyond the third tier for fudges sake! If you're so seriously willing to give up our history we may as well have folded and reformed as a Phoenix club a few years back. Jeez.

Nov 2, 2004
PRESTO":3u6hhbza said:

Are you an Argyle supporter.Are Bournmouth a bigger club than Leeds Utd,Notts Forest etc.No they are not and Burton are not a bigger club than Argyle.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
TomLannigan":362385um said:
O'Connor made it quite clear he'd be off should we not go up- that's why he only signed a 6 month deal. It'll be a miracle if he stays now as he could easily play at League One level.

Whilst this is true it might be a bit shortsighted of AOC to take the first offer (other than ours of course) he's received. It could well be we pass Burton next season and maybe we're better suited to stay up.

A lot of conjecture on my part but a green tinted post if ever I made one.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Very few clubs come straight back down from League 1, with most of the promoted clubs normally being in the top half and at least one of them making the play-offs if the last few years are anything to go by. Burton will be fine next season, I can't see them being in any trouble of coming straight back down.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Who, if anyone is advising AOC??

Its a massive risk to sign a 6 month contract and walk away, let's say he broke his leg in the play offs, he'd probably find himself unemployed for 6-12 months minimum. Did he really risk that possibility for an 18 month contract with Burton Albion?

You might risk it if you thought/knew a bigger club (lets say Sheff Utd) were a real option, total madness on AOC's part if Burton is the best offer on the table.